ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   IS TAKING WITHOUT CONSENT THEFT? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/646215-is-taking-without-consent-theft.html)

imf1 09 November 2007 05:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. If you had the Clifford with Blackjax fitted do you think this would have been able to happen?
Not trying to be funny by the way, but may help others do you think?
Again sorry for you and your bruv.

Shark Man 09 November 2007 06:12 PM

Just incase your not doing it already. L33WRX, you should be taking notes of every phone conversation you have with teh insrance co. Taking down people's names and reference number on each call, also noting what you said.

This will be used to back up your case with the ombudsman. And don't forget to take notes of correspondance between the ombudsman too.

Quite often a bod on the phone will misinterpret the T&Cs of a policy. So, having evidence of this will help you no end.

Especially with this bit of them saying that pressing chrages will make no difference. As if charges are pressed, it is recorded as a criminal act, and I'm sure they are obliged to recognise that a criminal act outside of your control will make the claim valid.

If charges aren't pressed, then no criminal act has occurred, therfore it will be extremly hard to justify a valid claim.

I personally would want written correspondance stating that they will not validate the claim despite charges being pressed.

GAZ77 09 November 2007 06:32 PM

You wouldn't happen to own a totalled blue Bugeye turbo and it be in a garage in Newport? If not then we have one with exactly the same cicumstances!

L33_WRX 10 November 2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by GAZ77 (Post 7398197)
You wouldn't happen to own a totalled blue Bugeye turbo and it be in a garage in Newport? If not then we have one with exactly the same cicumstances!

that's the one

L33_WRX 10 November 2007 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by GAZ77 (Post 7398197)

it was involved in 2 accidents, neither my fault, first off a women ran a red light hitting it all down the side and bending the chasis then it was TWOC, in a state which it shouldn't have been driven.

Do you work for an accident repair company or something?

GAZ77 10 November 2007 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by L33_WRX (Post 7399630)
it was involved in 2 accidents, neither my fault, first off a women ran a red light hitting it all down the side and bending the chasis then it was TWOC, in a state which it shouldn't have been driven.

Do you work for an accident repair company or something?

Yes mate i'm a Panel Beater at the garage it's being stored at.