ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   25 newbie driver looking for some advice/thoughts/pas experiences :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/639085-25-newbie-driver-looking-for-some-advice-thoughts-pas-experiences.html)

corradoboy 07 October 2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rubberscooby (Post 7313103)
I looked at a fabia but at the end of the day its still a skoda

Shallow :rolleyes: Fancy a race :norty:

Rubberscooby 07 October 2007 07:27 PM

:confused:

dave247 07 October 2007 11:36 PM

a sport doesnt have the rumble

stringostar 07 October 2007 11:38 PM

a skoda is a VW with a different babdge and it made outta cake!! back to the original post... its up to you. buy a sport, but one which is knackered. that way, you can live your dream, but dont have to worry bout pranging it or anything. i've been driving 8 years, 5 of them on the busses, and driving a bus teaches you a complete different way of driving, which has helped with the scoob. Eg: leaving a lot more room to manouver etc. its your dream mate, follow it... you only live once!

chocolate_o_brian 08 October 2007 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 7306440)
no one will insure you until you have been driving for minimum 12 months, best to get a run around for 1 or 2 years first!

erm ignore the above, its.... CRAP

i was 22 with 9 months driving experience, when i got insured fully comp on my current my99 impreza turbo for 1750. that included breakdown assistance, legal assistance etc etc.

so it can be done. 25 is a good age, and it will lower your quote. you may pay a bit, mine worked out at 180 p/m over 9 months plus a deposit. www.ecarinsurance.co.uk will help you out if no one else can.

no offence to original poster... you are wrong:lol1:

pigSTi 10 October 2007 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by tiny gsy (Post 7313108)
Not everyone goes for a scoob for the performance, if that was all they were intersted in then i`m fairly certain there are other cars for the same money that perform better.

Cheers for all the replies, it's been interesting reading! I don't want an Impreza because they are fast - I have no interest in driving fast/like a loon/showing off. I have been unfortunate enough (although lucky in some ways) to have been in two bad car crashes.

Both times my friends who were driving were doing so like idiots, I was lucky - very lucky to walk away from both and the experiences have left me with a very healthy respect for the dangers of going too fast. I'm not a nervous wreck behind the wheel by any means - I have just been acutely aware of how easy it is to wind up losing control ever since and have even got out of cars and refused to get back in because my mates were being complete tools. I even tell my mum off when she drives too fast! :freak3:

I'm not saying that because of the above I am instantly a safe driver and I will never crash, an attitude like that would surely end up in exactly that - a crash.

Anyhoo, yes I agree, not everyone wants a scooby for speed. I want one because I love the way they look and sound (even the lesser "rumbly" ones) I can't really explain exactly why it is my dream car, it just is - everytime I see one it makes me green with envy! If I was offered any car on the planet next to a fully kitted out Impreza, I would choose the Impreza with out hesitation!

pigSTi 01 December 2007 12:05 AM

Update for any others in the same boat as me -Waiting to take my test in Feb, got insured on a '99 sport with mods declared for £645 on a 10 month accelerater thing, 3rd party fire & theft on my provisional. Sucks walking to work in the rain even more now though! Mods are sti4 spoiler and turbo bonnet.

chocolate_o_brian 01 December 2007 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by foz200315 (Post 7451652)
Update for any others in the same boat as me -Waiting to take my test in Feb, got insured on a '99 sport with mods declared for £645 on a 10 month accelerater thing, 3rd party fire & theft on my provisional. Sucks walking to work in the rain even more now though! Mods are sti4 spoiler and turbo bonnet.

excellent. hopefully the upgrade to turbo will come eventually:norty:

pigSTi 02 December 2007 09:13 AM

Yes, one day I will move on to a turbo. I thought it would be erring on the side of irrisponsibility to have one as a first car no matter how safe i think I might be behind the wheel. Maybe I will get one after I been driving a few years :)

Now, can anyone tell me why my brain keeps coming up with these rubbish "sensible" ideas?!? Somethings going very wrong here - I'm not old enough to become my parents!! NOooooooo!

dunx 02 December 2007 11:53 AM

Do a search for a Borla manifold, they give a sport the burble....
A few young lads in Leeds have got them and love the noise !
Somewhere there is a Forum for Sport owners... someone will know where.

Dunx

P.S. Try a Fabia vRS the TDI is silly quick for a girly shopping car, sorry Dave !

Rubberscooby 02 December 2007 02:36 PM

.:ImprezaSport.net:. is the sport owners forum mate. :thumb: