ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Public F'in transport - over priced and over cra@p (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/634143-public-fin-transport-over-priced-and-over-cra-p.html)

Wurzel 13 September 2007 05:19 PM

I remember hearing a story a few years ago, Siemens bought an old RAF base called Wildenrath up near Düsseldorf somewhere and turned it into a huge train set to test new trians. They got an order from Britain to provide some trains, Siemens spent 5 mill trashing the track to British standards so they could get the trains to run smoothly on the trashed tracks they would have to run on in Britain.

johnnyroper 13 September 2007 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=Diesel;7248796]Please may I rant?

I can barely type as the seat pitch is not wide enough to open my laptop on this train - but thanks for the ironic powerpoint!

I am no fan of UK public transport as I consider it uneconomical, dirty, unpleasant, often hazardous and unreliable.

I have not used public transport in over 5 years (except when abroad) and I am horrified by the lack of progress and the horrific cost.

For the record I left london at 2125 and am still barely near Wales by 00:55. On the way out this morning they had an 'overheated axle' and I missed my meeting at 10:00 by an hour.

They want over £100 for a return Cardiff to Paddington, and they suffer more breakdowns than the average Trabant.

i take it you travelled first great western then?

welcome to third world rail,still they pay me a cart load of cash every 4 weeks so you wont here me complaining:)

Diesel 13 September 2007 10:05 PM

thanks guys. I thought i might have got flamed for moaning so. I am again on a train and it is bristol to cardiff. 30% longer for 20% more. Bargain!

Diesel 13 September 2007 10:11 PM

not only do i want to increase my 45mpg carbon footprint, i want to stamp my feet doing it!

Leslie 14 September 2007 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 7250236)
I remember hearing a story a few years ago, Siemens bought an old RAF base called Wildenrath up near Düsseldorf somewhere and turned it into a huge train set to test new trians. They got an order from Britain to provide some trains, Siemens spent 5 mill trashing the track to British standards so they could get the trains to run smoothly on the trashed tracks they would have to run on in Britain.

I did my first squadron tour there. I was wondering what happened to the old place!

Les :)

Jamz3k 14 September 2007 01:18 PM

I'm a public transport hating person too! Unfortunately i dont drive thus i get the train to work every morning along with all the kids going to uni/tech/school, so there is generally no seats and if I do get one i'm usually pissed off because half the kids are listening to the latest MC Dizzy track from the stupid little speakers on their cheap ass mobiles!

I hate kids and Northern Ireland Railway!

Why i hate Northern Ireland Railways
-10% increase on fares this year to pay for new trains WHICH DON'T OPERATE ON THE LINE I USE
-Old trains not fit for purpose which aren't look after or maintained
-never on time - sometimes just storm past if the train is running late
-I have ruined 1 shirt and 1 quicksilver jumper by getting oil on them whilst opening the doors on the busted up ****hawk trains we get.

DAMN THEM

what would scooby do 14 September 2007 01:22 PM

Paddington to Heathrow = £14.50
Victoria to gatwick = £15.90

Amsterdam central station to Schipol = £2.60

:lol1: :nono: :mad: