ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   360 DVD storage hits its limitations again... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/624831-360-dvd-storage-hits-its-limitations-again.html)

PeteBrant 02 August 2007 10:11 AM

Excellent stuff :D

DJ Dunk 02 August 2007 10:13 AM

I bet Ben from Bizarre on the forum got a b*llocking :D

PeteBrant 02 August 2007 10:21 AM

Not half!

There may have been an element of truth to the initial story, but MS have said "Now that you have come out and said that, you have absolutely got to make sure you can race at any time of day.

Conjecture of course.

Am really looking forward to PGR4. Whilst I thought PGR3 was ace, Bizarre themselves said that is was a tad rushed to make it for launch, this time round they have pretty much as long as they like

VoteConservative! 02 August 2007 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7151310)
Bizarre Creations are reporting that PGR4 will not feature night-time tracks as they are unable to fit them on the DVD - although they dont say whether this just applies to the new cities or the existing ones too.

I'm starting to think this is going to become a serious problem for Microsoft before the 360 reaches the end of its life - its already affected a few games, who says we didnt need a next-gen format built in from day one...

edit - it does affect existing tracks.

Isnt this the reason why people tip the PS3 to be market leader this time round again? Due to M$ cock up?

messiah 02 August 2007 06:53 PM

The storage problem has already affected Gears & Oblivion - its obvious that as games more more complicated, they need more space to house all that info, Ms may well have made a balls up on when thet thought the info needed for a game was going to exceed its storage capacity.

Don't think this is the reason why people tip the PS3 though, I think its probably the whole package in general.

spectrum48k 02 August 2007 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by VoteConservative! (Post 7156591)
Isnt this the reason why people tip the PS3 to be market leader this time round again? Due to M$ cock up?

the market leader isn't Xbox360 OR PS3

messiah 02 August 2007 08:44 PM

Personally, I wouldn't put the Wii in the same market.

VoteConservative! 02 August 2007 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7157182)
Personally, I wouldn't put the Wii in the same market.

I agree, as much fun as the wii can be its not the serious gamers choice console

spectrum48k 02 August 2007 10:59 PM

By "market leader", I assume he meant video game console market, and the Wii is clearly leading it.

Agreed, its not cutting edge graphics, but Nintendo aren't going after eye candy, and focussing more on gameplay. Well done I say.

Besides, what is a "SERIOUS GAMER" ?

messiah 03 August 2007 09:47 AM

True, they're all games consoles, but you want to put a Wii in the same bracket as a 360 and a PS3 then you'll have to start putting handhelds into the equation too - as "something you can play games on".

All of the big graphically rich games are appearing on the 2 big-hitting consoles or the PC, I'm not hearing rumours about whether or not Crysis is coming to Wii.

I applaud Ninty for doing something different - but if it wasnt for that controller they'd have probably been stuffed.

spectrum48k 03 August 2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7158000)
I applaud Ninty for doing something different - but if it wasnt for that controller they'd have probably been stuffed.

Don't forget that apart from the controller, Nintendo also have a refreshing philosophy when it comes to games - I'm a huge Zelda and Mario fan, and I thank god Nintnedo aren't like the competition in their pursuit of realism and eye-candy. There's room for both types of games and I love Nintendo for offering that option.

For every Gran Turismo, there HAS to be an Ocarina of Time :)

bob269 03 August 2007 01:24 PM

How many times and on how many consoles can Nintendo release Zelda and Mario tho ?

spectrum48k 03 August 2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 7158713)
How many times and on how many consoles can Nintendo release Zelda and Mario tho ?

answer = as many times as they like :lol1:

By the same rationale, do you think they should have stopped making The Simpsons TV show after, say the 4th season, or do you enjoy it as much today as you did 20 years ago when it started ?

DanPhillips 03 August 2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by spectrum48k (Post 7158845)
answer = as many times as they like :lol1:

By the same rationale, do you think they should have stopped making The Simpsons TV show after, say the 4th season, or do you enjoy it as much today as you did 20 years ago when it started ?

The new ones aren't as good. There is a sweet spot beyond which you shouldn't go, but when your still making money from it it's hard to stop :)

Cheers

Dan

spectrum48k 03 August 2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by DanPhillips (Post 7158974)
The new ones aren't as good. There is a sweet spot beyond which you shouldn't go, but when your still making money from it it's hard to stop :)

Cheers

Dan

Zelda and Mario both made the shortlist for the Game Critics Awards Best Games of E3 2007 this year - Zelda WON its category. Forget your sweet spot theory - I want Mario & Zelda! :luxhello:

StickyMicky 05 August 2007 09:30 AM

Gotham 4 showing different weather effects :)

Flickr: Photos from dolbex