ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   It gets better-water contaminated for 3 days.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/622802-it-gets-better-water-contaminated-for-3-days.html)

D.K.1 22 July 2007 09:53 PM

Ahh right :(

Hope everyone's supply gets put back on ASAP! Can't be very sanitary being without water for a few days, no toilets able to be flushed etc and only heated bottled water to wash in, providing people have gas cookers!

richie001 22 July 2007 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by rgv_stu (Post 7129053)
hmmm well im working down by warners peugeot, i guess thats still above water ??

i work at Corus down the road on Severn Drive and its not flooded

SCOOBY13.5 22 July 2007 10:07 PM

No toilet flushing and no baths, there's gonna be some stinky people down there:lol1:
Seriously, hope everybody gets sort and hope all your scoobys are parked very safe:thumb:
Steven

Freak 23 July 2007 12:10 AM

Water still on here in Glos city for me? Water pressure seems fine.

Wish I had bloody stayed in NY during July now.... got out due to the insane heat hoping for a slightly more comfortable month over here. :rolleyes:
Typical.

If the power goes off, I'm straight off to Heathrow.

No toilet flushing and no baths, there's gonna be some stinky people down there
Hard pushed to tell the difference. Gloucester is populated by 99% chav scuff scum that stink of sh*t at the best of times.

Witnessed a fight in Chav(tes)co earlier over a pack of evian when I was in there picking up some fruit juice surrounded by all the retards stripping the shelves and panic buying..... sums it up really.

Fuzz 23 July 2007 12:14 AM

Aye, I'm with you there, Clueless fcukwits come to mind.

CrisPDuk 23 July 2007 04:21 AM

Only the UK could have water shortages resulting from flooding:rolleyes:

If you build on, and concrete over, your flood plains, without allowing for the fact that the UK tends to get a bit of rain once in a while, sh!t like this is bound to happen eventually:(

Fuzz 23 July 2007 09:33 AM

Power and water fully functional at work. :D
and the motorway's clear too. :eek:

Andy

Leslie 23 July 2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by rgv_stu (Post 7128660)
just been to the anchor on the severn for a few pints and it looks high but not liable to flood. what a gay country we live in, cant even cope with some heavy downpours

I can't believe that you should say that with all those people who have lost everything they worked for!

Les :(

Fuzz 23 July 2007 08:36 PM

Oh shut up Leslie, You've got to look on the bright side of things and sometimes have a laugh about it otherwise you'd go insane!

By the way the water is now off at home and it died in a splutter at work about lunchtime.
Mate in Longlevens has neither power or water..
This farm has a generator so...
I'm alright Jack :thumb:
Had to go to Birmingham after work to look at a car... plenty of bottled water up there. Bought a box full and no one fought me for it.. lol

gtijames 23 July 2007 08:54 PM

my sister and her family lives in cheltenham,the waters off and they think the power is going off tonight so shes decided to come home to wales for a few weeks,very sad for all involved in this as its a really nice part of the country:(

jjones 23 July 2007 09:03 PM

at least they managed to get the covers on the pitch at stratford

(sunday (22/07/07))

http://www.zen121395.zen.co.uk/sn/cricket.jpg

rgv_stu 23 July 2007 09:37 PM

well now it looks like we have no water for at least a week - its getting even more ridiculus.

Leslie 24 July 2007 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzz (Post 7131835)
Oh shut up Leslie, You've got to look on the bright side of things and sometimes have a laugh about it otherwise you'd go insane!

By the way the water is now off at home and it died in a splutter at work about lunchtime.
Mate in Longlevens has neither power or water..
This farm has a generator so...
I'm alright Jack :thumb:
Had to go to Birmingham after work to look at a car... plenty of bottled water up there. Bought a box full and no one fought me for it.. lol

Well I did not think it was any kind of a business to joke about but if you are personally in the middle of it then of course you have a right to try to be cheerful about it.

I am sorry that you and rgv.stu have lost your water though. Hope it does not take too long to sort out.

Les

Freak 24 July 2007 01:49 PM

Not helped by the load of chav twats that went round glos last night opening bowsers :rolleyes:

It is a joke still- shelves empty.
Still got a tiny tiny bit of cold water pressure personally, but would have more luck having a wash with a water pistol.
Plenty of hot water as HUGE tank in the loft, but thats not really ideal for showering as I don't fancy burning my skin off....

D.K.1 24 July 2007 01:52 PM

This is by no means ideal, but wet wipes can offer a freshen up, just still wouldn't feel anywhere near as clean as having a wash or shower though :(

I really feel for everyone affected by this :(

Could there potentially be health issues now with the lack of sanitation?

Slartibartfast 24 July 2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Freak (Post 7133603)
Not helped by the load of chav twats that went round glos last night opening bowsers :rolleyes:

That's unbelievable. :brickwall

In these kinds of situations corporal punishment needs to be introduced for the scum who commit acts of that sort.

The Rig 24 July 2007 03:19 PM

Been without running water since Sunday Morning.

washed my hair in 2 day old bucket of 3 hair washes already by the missus LOL ha ha ha !!!

no sex either until water is back on, which is most annoying !!!!!!

(so thats another excuse for no sex tonigh,im washin my hair,headache,now its theres no water so cant freshen up) cant blame her,i dont mind about being fresh :norty: :norty: :norty: :lol1:

D.K.1 24 July 2007 03:21 PM

Rig, get some femfresh wipes and resume usual bedroom activities :norty: :D

lozgti 24 July 2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jjones (Post 7131948)
at least they managed to get the covers on the pitch at stratford

(sunday (22/07/07))

http://www.zen121395.zen.co.uk/sn/cricket.jpg

:D :thumb:

Fuzz 24 July 2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Freak (Post 7133603)

It is a joke still- shelves empty.
Still got a tiny tiny bit of cold water pressure personally, but would have more luck having a wash with a water pistol.
Plenty of hot water as HUGE tank in the loft, but thats not really ideal for showering as I don't fancy burning my skin off....

If I caught some **** doing that I would furkin well drown them in it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think people forget how to use their brains these days.
When the taps go off that's it, we're all up in arms about it..
Why not use some ingenuity, try stringing up a bowl of warm water Boiled from the kettle or saucepan, attach a hose pipe or have it held into the water by your partner, hold the bowl up high or on a shelf if you have one.
One makeshift shower !!
Surprisingly enough you can actually buy "bag showers" designed to be hooked up high somewhere and they have a proper shower head on the bottom.

Annoys the hell outta me that no one seems able to think for themselves these days.
Baah !!

Andy :p

rgv_stu 24 July 2007 08:17 PM

you have your bag shower, im off to me dads for a real shower :D

Fuzz 24 July 2007 08:24 PM

Least you used your noggin :D

Andy

Fuzz 24 July 2007 08:25 PM

Bit far to go see my Dad....in Canada :lol1:

Fuzz 24 July 2007 08:28 PM

At least that's where I think he is :(

340BHP-WRX 24 July 2007 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzz (Post 7134647)
At least that's where I think he is :(

How's things at PS today mate ? Are you still running as normal ?

rgv_stu 24 July 2007 08:51 PM

well we were still going today, tank in the roof hasnt run dry yet. we had bottled water to drink and to make tea etc. apparently they are getting in a tank of water to use for flushing the toilets with...dont look like any time off for me!!

rgv_stu 24 July 2007 08:53 PM

well been to me dads , had shower and brought back 25L of water. should keep us going for a day or 2 :)

Fuzz 24 July 2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX (Post 7134659)
How's things at PS today mate ? Are you still running as normal ?

Open as usual and flood free, electric on, but water isn't.
Thankfully we are the dry side of the motorway.
Access from motorway as normal, unlike your end.. :eek:

I got chance to put the head back on my 106 this afternoon.:)
black Diesel oil right up to my elbows, washed off in a bucket. :p :thumb:

Andy

340BHP-WRX 24 July 2007 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzz (Post 7134813)
Open as usual and flood free, electric on, but water isn't.
Thankfully we are the dry side of the motorway.
Access from motorway as normal, unlike your end.. :eek:

I got chance to put the head back on my 106 this afternoon.:)
black Diesel oil right up to my elbows, washed off in a bucket. :p :thumb:

Andy

We also have normal access from the motorway.

Our old premises round the corner by the car auctions haven't been so lucky,it's neck deep in the offices :eek:

340BHP-WRX 26 July 2007 11:32 PM

Well just as things looked like they were improving slightly,I heard perhaps the worse news so far during the floods since the two premature twins died after being rescued.

A father and son who mantain Tewkesbury Rugby Club went into the club sometime this morning to pump out the flood water. From what i'm told they used a petrol powered pump indoors which sadly killed them from the fumes.
The Fire service found them around 8am this morning.

I didn't personally know these 2 people but a few guys from work are keen rugby players and have grown up around Tewkesbury Rugby Club and knew these people very well.

A very sad day and it just puts our minor problems without water etc into perspective.

A 19 year old man is also still missing feared swept away from the weekend.

Here's a video showing the scale of the disaster YouTube - Gloucestershire Flooding Video 23/7/07