ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Counter Strike Counter Strike Counter Strike - Monday 7th Jan...................... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/61889-counter-strike-counter-strike-counter-strike-monday-7th-jan.html)

dsmith 07 January 2002 03:56 PM

Never understood why Thunder was taken out of 1.3. Qulaity Map imho - You'll still have it of course if you've upgraded but its not in the complete 1.3 installs.

Deano

Tiggs 07 January 2002 04:14 PM

just refresh my memory- why are we using barryworld and not the locked server?

Tiggs

Damaja 07 January 2002 04:16 PM

Tis buggered

orbv 07 January 2002 04:45 PM

why are we using barryworld and not the locked server?
because we can!

The hpw asked the question if we want to continue the bw session a month or two ago.

Feel these session work because its booked two weeks in advanced so the turnout is good. Guess we could do the same thing and have arranged sessions on the locked server but if there is problems with the locked server there is no full back.

I would like to see these session continue but maybe one a week being replaced by the locked server. Any other comments?

orbv 07 January 2002 04:46 PM

In case u did not understand Mikes post.......

THE LOCKED SERVER IS BACK UP :D

geoff_clio172 07 January 2002 04:50 PM

I agree with orbv....well I have to really he's related! I used to be in the clan [H-K] and we always used to use BW servers for regular practices and matches. Never had any problems with them; very reliable, ping is good and usually a good turnout.

By they way for all those Civic Type-R owners here's not what to do with their car:

http://www.spencert.btinternet.co.uk/hctr.jpg

Managed to catch this in the paper yesterday; happened near Milbrook Proving Grounds.

Geoff

Steve Perriam 07 January 2002 05:06 PM

related to orb :eek:

no no no help us :p

if u calling me a hpw u bill bannnnnned from locked and BW sessions u lplsb :p

rite panto soon calls.....cya l8r maybe on locked...........

orbv 07 January 2002 05:13 PM

Its ok Steve, he is a hpw like u :eek:

orbv 07 January 2002 09:06 PM

Game on!

Steve Perriam 07 January 2002 11:07 PM

i like him already then ;)

Steve Perriam 07 January 2002 11:10 PM

i like a corner even better :D

missed that HH :p

so how was the turnout tonite ??????????

Neanderthal 07 January 2002 11:43 PM

Excellent turnout for a change.

7 vs 7 for the last hour :-)

Matt

dsmith 08 January 2002 12:09 AM

Was fun :cool:

10 mins of Sniperfortress or AirNinja is enough though I think.

Playing around on my local server earlier with other maps cs_dune has a couple of off-road buggies :). cs_wildwest has proper saloon doors to walk through. de_predator is cool - trip wires in the jungle.

We should book an alternative map night. Publish the list beforehand and give each map at least 15 mins to get to know it.

Deano

HHxx 08 January 2002 12:25 AM

Wicked :D

Was fun. You'll be pleased to know Steve that you are still top for STi. ;)

Mike Burton 08 January 2002 08:20 AM

The list of maps on the server has been published enought. I have no sympathy for those who choose not to download them, and then moan like £uck when they can't play !!!!!

-
Mike

Steve Perriam 08 January 2002 09:13 AM

hear hear mike

i've said the same thing many a time........... :rolleyes:

esp with almost everyone of of you having a lpb connection as well !!!

HH : good glad to hear it :D

Deano : the team nite on sunday will allow us to try various new maps etc. i'll post on that thread soon as to some potential choices etc

steve

Paul.G 08 January 2002 09:52 AM

Hello All,
Glad you had a good night last night, I thought about you stuck at work (that’s the next challenge, to get CS on the PC at work!! :D)
Anyway this would be unrecognisable as one of my posts if there were not 1001 questions!
How do you connect to CS.?
I have been using the game menu, but when I add a server address either the filter function hides it or it takes me ages to find the server in the list!
I have just been looking at Gamespy in there you can add contacts etc, and then see where they are playing. Does this only work if you have started CS through Gamespy? Does any one else use it? If you start CS through gamespy does it still load the anti-cheat programs (My Paladin runs from a shortcut on the desktop)?

Thanks again,
Paul.G

geoff_clio172 08 January 2002 09:57 AM

It was a good game last night although my modem connection was really laggy at times....usually when I had the bomb and was about to put it in place!

I need to think of a new handle for CS but owing to a complete lack of imagination I am stumped at Buzz!

HELP!

Geoff

dsmith 08 January 2002 10:11 AM

Paul

Right click on the server and mark as favourite. Then just filter on favourites. I Have about 60 in the favourites, Rogue, a few Barrysworld and some UK2.net server.

Deano

BarryK 08 January 2002 10:34 AM

Yeah, good sesh, althouygh yet again I could not concentrate on the game and spent half the time AFK.

Oddly the Rcon allowed me to admin Port 27015 when we were actually playing 27017. I wonder if that's why we all got kicked when the map changed first time.

Anyway nowt like a spot of Vertigo for a change.

Got some random headshots/kills without particularly aiming and got frequently killed when crouching and aiming like Robin Hood. Go figure.

Half eleven at night is not especially my choice of time for learning maps I've never seen before, so I called it a day so as not to give the stats false figures. Knowing how highly the info is prized.

roadrunner 08 January 2002 11:43 AM

good sess, shame I couldn't join eariler!

Makes u wonder about aiming in CS. At the beginning of sniperfortress there was just me and deano on the same team.
As there was no one else around deano thought he would shot me with his pistol ;) so for a laugh I turned around and aimed my AWP quite away above his head to fire a warning shot. Low & behold deano’s brains get splattered on the back wall with me wondering how I scored a head-shot! oh-well, u deserved it deano ;)

rr

dsmith 08 January 2002 11:47 AM

Roadie - I shot you with my awp, only I picked your foot for some gentle time-killing fun. Next thing theres lots of blood and I'm dead :)

roadrunner 08 January 2002 11:59 AM

lol @ deano, don't mess with the roadrunner :)

BarryK 08 January 2002 01:14 PM

So the "A" in AWP stands for ACME then?

Steve Perriam 08 January 2002 01:27 PM

esp a rr with aimbot ;)

Tiggs 08 January 2002 02:00 PM

sniperforest- i went right to the roof and look down and acrross to the other side, about 4 floors down i could see someone walking towards the window- due to my hight i could only see a foot and was waiting for them to move closer for a headshoot.

as they stayed still i AWP'd their toe! and killed them!

Tiggs

Damaja 01 July 2002 12:36 PM

Should be there, gotta sort out a few tings before hand though!

cs_assault2k
de_dawn

[Edited by Damaja - 1/7/2002 12:37:27 PM]