ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Smoking Ban, Good Thing Or Bad Idea? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/617465-smoking-ban-good-thing-or-bad-idea.html)

scoobynutta555 30 June 2007 07:43 PM

I think everyone should give up fast foods, overweight people should be starved until they have a more healthy figure, all cars over 1.3 size engine should be banned, all airports should be closed, all chimneys should be capped etc. But, there won't be a smattering of difference to the 'burden on the NHS' (what a crass and pathetic phrase that is) in real terms and everyone will be paying far higher taxes for a very plain and uninteresting life. Everyone's a winner :D

stara 30 June 2007 07:48 PM

i think everyone over 40 should be recycled, think of the savings on the nhs and is a scientifically proven fact that old people have their thermostatic heating turned up to 38deg c, so thats global warming sorted. and means as i only have 3 yrs left now, what should i do to maximise my enjoyment before i reach 40.

corradoboy 30 June 2007 07:49 PM

I would ban breeding. 400kg of CO2 per year multiplied by 6.6bn people far outweighs all forms of human transportation and industry combined. Instead of trying to persuade ever increasing numbers of people to modify their behaviour, let's address the root of the problem and reduce the number of people. This fact alone is the biggest crisis facing the planet, not bull$h!t statistics about climate variations which are part of the normal balance of the planet utilised to exact taxation on the stupid.

Maz 30 June 2007 08:40 PM

I wouldn't worry guys, a meteor will soon sort out all the issues we're discussing.

scoobynutta555 30 June 2007 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 7067474)
I wouldn't worry guys, a meteor will soon sort out all the issues we're discussing.

Would there be time for a cigarette? ;) I promise not to have one in the soon to be closed local and ruin the smell one everyone's shirt :)

Maz 30 June 2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 7067971)
Would there be time for a cigarette? ;) I promise not to have one in the soon to be closed local and ruin the smell one everyone's shirt :)

Mate life's too short for regrets and pontificating.:thumb:

warrenm2 30 June 2007 11:04 PM

1st they came for the smokers - but I wasnt a smoker so I said nothing
Then they came for the drinkers - but I dont drink so I said nothing
Then they came for the obese fatties - but Im slim so I said nothing
Then they came for the fast car drivers, but there was no-one left to speak up for me

Lee247 30 June 2007 11:15 PM

Doesn't bother me one way or the other. If I fancy a smoke I will have one, If I don't I won't, simple as :D
They need to be concentrating on more important issues than this

Northern Nick 30 June 2007 11:17 PM

I thinks it a great idea but......................

Its needs to be fair, introduce smoking rooms, allow smoking in works vehicles if your in on your own,

Its a great idea but over enginered (dont know the right word to use :lol1:)

kingofturds 30 June 2007 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7067176)
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

:D

I would actually ban all cars without CATS and I would fine those who remove them £10,000 - with 9 points on their licence ........... it is killing the planet for the future for the sake of a 'percieved' pleasure now and is utterly selfish!

Yeah that acid rain has decimated the planet:Whatever_

Prasius 30 June 2007 11:20 PM

I think its great. I'll be able to go out on a weekend without coming home smelling like an ashtray.

I think I'm fair. Do what you want as long as it doesn't affect me (or someone else).

StickyMicky 30 June 2007 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 7067151)
Now that this pleasure has been taken away for some, what will they want to ban next? .

one mans pleasure, is another mans poison :Suspiciou

fatherpierre 30 June 2007 11:55 PM

The pubs will just smell of beer and B.O. now.

5 mins to get your last one in lol

Northern Nick 30 June 2007 11:56 PM

Its Tomorrow 6am to save confusion

Northern Nick 30 June 2007 11:58 PM

I can ride around in my works van smoking untill 6am and thenI have to put it out.

I wounder what is the bigger fine, 100mph+, drink driving, or smoking & driving :wonder:

pslewis 30 June 2007 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Northern Nick (Post 7068248)
I wounder what is the bigger fine, 100mph+, drink driving, or smoking & driving :wonder:

They all deserve BIG fines!!

They are ALL anti-social and disgusting

fatherpierre 01 July 2007 12:01 AM

How does it work if you're self employed and use a vehicle for your sole use, but for work?

I know what workers will do, but does the new law say it's illegal to smoke in your own vehicle that no one else is allowed in?

Northern Nick 01 July 2007 12:01 AM

lmao at that,

Drink driving is a huge offence yes,

The other 2 are a walk in the park on a sunny day pushing my 6 month old boy.

Northern Nick 01 July 2007 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 7068255)
How does it work if you're self employed and use a vehicle for your sole use, but for work?

I know what workers will do, but does the new law say it's illegal to smoke in your own vehicle that no one else is allowed in?

same applies buddy I'm affraid,

No smoking

pslewis 01 July 2007 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Northern Nick (Post 7068140)
allow smoking in works vehicles if your in on your own

I disagree - why should the next person to drive the vehicle have to sit in a stinking ashtray?

ALSO, the vehicle is worth MORE when sold if it has not been smoked in.

It's disgusting lads and lasses - stub it out and live life! :thumb:

fatherpierre 01 July 2007 12:03 AM

LOL.

That'll be the largest breach of any law in the land then - apart from maybe speeding then.

Whose going to enforce this new law?

pslewis 01 July 2007 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Northern Nick (Post 7068256)
The other 2 are a walk in the park on a sunny day pushing my 6 month old boy.

If you have a 6 month old boy you should be giving up for him - he doesn't want a Dad who can't run around after him and kick a football because he didn't have the will power to stop smoking, years earlier.

Northern Nick 01 July 2007 12:06 AM

People who dont smoke will always slag people who do off.

If I was having a smoke and somebody politely asked me to put it out, I would, if somebody said, thats a digusting hbit, your a filthy person and your lungs must be full of filth, I'd blow smoke in there face.

I'm done :D

pslewis 01 July 2007 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 7068265)
LOL.

That'll be the largest breach of any law in the land then - apart from maybe speeding then.

Whose going to enforce this new law?

You will all get ASH BOs :lol1:

fatherpierre 01 July 2007 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7068277)
You will all get ASH BOs :lol1:

Terrible...............:D

pslewis 01 July 2007 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Northern Nick (Post 7068276)
I'd blow smoke in there face.

You wouldn't with me ;)

I would just take it out your mouth and stub it out on the end of your nose :lol1:

corradoboy 01 July 2007 12:08 AM

Smoking whilst driving should be banned anyway under due care and attention. Eating and drinking is. Which is better, dropping a biscuit in your lap or a lit cigarette ? I've travelled with smokers in the past and found it amusing how their desperation pushes them to rummage for the box, unwrap it, open it, extract a cig and then light it, whilst still driving. Their addiction compells them to put their life, and others at risk. There's no way you can control a vehicle as well with one hand compromised so ban it, and make the fine a worthwhile 500 quid.

Northern Nick 01 July 2007 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7068273)
If you have a 6 month old boy you should be giving up for him - he doesn't want a Dad who can't run around after him and kick a football because he didn't have the will power to stop smoking, years earlier.

I'm not saying its OK but I smoke maybe 6 a day, never round the boy, never within an hour of going near the boy, I will be giving up but I wont put down anybody who decides to smoke, its there life, its our tax money :norty:

Lee247 01 July 2007 12:09 AM

Oh FGS, don't clean your ears folks, the wax is offensive :rolleyes:
I will please myself, end of

pslewis 01 July 2007 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 7068287)
Oh FGS, don't clean your ears folks, the wax is offensive :rolleyes:
I will please myself, end of

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You like the walls in the local nick then?? :lol1: ;)

And my earwax tastes LOVELY!! :D