ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen Impreza type R Slough area (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/611428-stolen-impreza-type-r-slough-area.html)

tronlc 09 June 2007 02:53 PM

Complete and utter! These people keep trying this ****, and unfortunatly at the moment the PC brigade, give way to them!

I mean wtf! Come on look at the world......

shustir 10 June 2007 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1 (Post 7002378)
What a ****!

There's always some that have to resort to low life, foul mouthed insults. If you can't add anything sensible to the debate like the adults then please keep out :brickwall

I apologise if people think I have been too quick to pull the race card, and it was just an observation and in no way suggesting anything else. Maybe if you were in my position you would pick up on it a lot more subconciously. Over the years I have been on the receiveing end of racial abuse many times and maybe I just notice things and pick up on things that aren't actually even there. :D

P.S I don't watch BB but what i saw of it, I don't think there was any racial malice intended from anybody. That was blown out of all proportion and does more harm than good.

Houghton 10 June 2007 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by shustir (Post 7004600)
blown out of all proportion and does more harm than good.

Precisely what's happened here. ;)

Jaybird-UK 10 June 2007 11:11 AM

There is a fair chance the Police wont let you know even if they were criminal.

[Davey] 10 June 2007 11:17 AM

Sorry I personally HATE political correctness but I have to agree with shustir here.. Ethnic observations are fine in context, i.e. you might describe a black man as a "black man" which i dont see a problem with *BUT* adding "They were all driven by asians" to the end of the post isnt exactly in context.. if the original post had said it was stolen by a gang of asian guys then yes it would be fair to add it..

RAF1 10 June 2007 11:21 AM

Could be possible the cars were driven by genuine traders who could have bought them outright from the docks or something.....!! If they were stolen you'd think uk number plates would have been used rather than trade plates..
Trade plates have to be registered so pretty dumb to use them - unless the trade plates are fakes...

Raf

Snazy 10 June 2007 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by shustir (Post 7002084)
Well thats is then they were asian, case closed guilty as charged :confused:

Are you suggesting car crime is commited only by asian people ?

If the drivers were white would your statement have ended with 'all being driven by white people'

Would "all being driven by IC4's" have been better? That would have been more PC and most on here would not have a soddin clue what anyone meant.
If you ever get mugged and the only eye witnesses fail to give a full description in fear of being branded racist, sexist and ageist, I feel for you!

There's always some that have to resort to low life, foul mouthed insults. If you can't add anything sensible to the debate like the adults then please keep out :brickwall .

Accusing someone of being racist is hardly nice either. Call someone a ****, meaningless, call someone a racist, you are challenging their morals.... far more offensive imo.

I apologise if people think I have been too quick to pull the race card, and it was just an observation and in no way suggesting anything else.

I beg to differ, he expressed an opinion, you accused it of beign a racist one, now you express an opinion showing your own form or predjudice because the word asian was used.

Maybe if you were in my position you would pick up on it a lot more subconciously. Over the years I have been on the receiveing end of racial abuse many times and maybe I just notice things and pick up on things that aren't actually even there. :D .

Thats called being paranoid. Maybe rightfully so, I am of british white origin, so probably dont understand how it feels. But I certainly know how it feels to be show predjudice. Being judged based on facts people dont understand. Its not nice, I agree.

Davey, what SHOULD have been added to the end of the thread to describe the drivers then? Or should there have been no description at all? Cos that would really help!
With regards to what the original thread said...
It says nothing about car jacking, or witnesses, so how the hell would anyone know that to start with?
The guy made a simple observation!! Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

Good post, good info there Swiss ;)

shustir 10 June 2007 04:00 PM

Do I have to explain myself again.

The way it read to me in the first place, was that the drivers were described as being asian at the end of the statement. This was like it was the final piece of evidence that would indicate there was foul play involved. If this was not the context it was written in then like I have already said apologies.

Your comparison of a person describing their attacker is hardly an exact parallell, and is not relevant to this situation. Nowhere in the original post did it give a description of the drivers.

Snazy 10 June 2007 04:27 PM

I have not asked you to explain yourself. And my comparison is VERY relevant to the situation.
A description of the driver is pretty hard as very little is visible, except upper body and a face, which I would assume is where the "asian" comment came from. "A" sentance has to finish a post, in this case it was a comment of the appearance of the driver and his apparent race. Im pretty sure if he was white, black or chinese the applicable phrase would have been used.

Its YOU who suggest that the appearance of the driver is either not relevant or NON PC. Personally if somoene spotted someone in my stolen car, I would be keen to know anything and everything. You said yourself you tend to read too much into things, I think this may be a good example of that.

I am being as quick to pull the ANTI race card here as you were to pull the race card, so I would be grateful if YOU could respect MY opinon as others accet yours.

Finally while talkin about relevance to the thread, what the hell has BB staged PR stunt got to do with a stolen car, and someone being accused of being racist. There was no mention of it in the post ;)

Chill out mate, we have both had our say, lets leave it there eh.

shustir 10 June 2007 08:08 PM

No worries mate, am now fully chilled out. I'm glad we had a civilised exchange as opposed to some of the derogatory name calling and insults you get on here.:) :thumb:

The Big Brother comment came up in post 29.

olliecampbell 10 June 2007 10:14 PM

And now back to the thread.....

Any news on the cars?

Stevesbluewrx 11 June 2007 12:32 AM

Were they all fresh imports?

A well planned and thought out job if you ask me. Audacity in daylight. Great work Paul Palmer though

Steve

Snazy 11 June 2007 12:32 AM

lol sorry about that Ollie... or should I say "im sorry Ollie" *scratches head :D

Yeah, any news on the car? Turned up, confirmed right one, or another lost and gone forever ?

SwissTony 11 June 2007 07:59 AM

glad we got back to the point of this thread, about the cars :rolleyes:

[Davey] 11 June 2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7005000)

Davey, what SHOULD have been added to the end of the thread to describe the drivers then? Or should there have been no description at all? Cos that would really help!
With regards to what the original thread said...
It says nothing about car jacking, or witnesses, so how the hell would anyone know that to start with?
The guy made a simple observation!! Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

Good post, good info there Swiss ;)

I hate all this PC crap as I said, but it was out of context to just add "All driven by Asians" to the end.. It could be taken with some kind of mallace as if your making a sterotypical judgement that being Asian means its more likely that they have stolen the cars... If the original poster had said "Subaru stolen by an Asian male in slough" then the statement would have been in context and there wouldnt be an issue, obviously the PC brigade would still have an issue lol :lol1:

SwissTony 11 June 2007 09:12 AM

davey,
this thread is about a stolen scoob. Perpetuating the whole bloody race/no race question is both annoying and irrelevant, even if you are trying to get your point across.

It dosent matter where the fact about the occupants of all three cars were asian, was placed in the sentence.:mad:

So any news ?

Paulo P 11 June 2007 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 7007004)
Were they all fresh imports?

A well planned and thought out job if you ask me. Audacity in daylight. Great work Paul Palmer though

Steve

All I can say is that the evo had english plates on it and a smashed rear quarter light. If they were fresh imports and you were heading from the docks up the M40 it doesn't make sense to be on the A404 because you'd use the A34 :wonder: Seeing an unregistered blue type r only 5 miles from where one went missing is a bit of a coincidence.

There's always the possibility that these particular cars weren't stolen or that the people driving them didn't know but their driving made me suspicious because they put the scoob up front in the end.

Snazy 11 June 2007 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey] (Post 7007174)
I hate all this PC crap as I said, but it was out of context to just add "All driven by Asians" to the end.. It could be taken with some kind of mallace as if your making a sterotypical judgement that being Asian means its more likely that they have stolen the cars... If the original poster had said "Subaru stolen by an Asian male in slough" then the statement would have been in context and there wouldnt be an issue, obviously the PC brigade would still have an issue lol :lol1:

Oh dear..... no one saw them stolen mate so how could the first poster state a race or description? :wonder:

Annnnnyway. Back on topic now, some dirty scum (no offence to scum out there) has stolen the car stated at the top of the post.

Have the police not come back to anyone to confirm the registrant of the trade plates? Is there a way to find out, then contact the official owners of the trade plates. If the cars were stolen, the plates prob were too :(

Paulo P 11 June 2007 11:32 AM

It was my sister that called the Police because I was driving and she hasn't heard anything back.

Snazy 11 June 2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer (Post 7007582)
It was my sister that called the Police because I was driving and she hasn't heard anything back.

:( guess thats the sort of thing they dont tell you. Would be interesting to hear though.

Paulo P 11 June 2007 11:42 AM

It would have been nice to know though don't you think :rolleyes: We followed these cars for I guess 40 miles telling the police what was happening just in case it was the car they were looking for and nothing :(

Snazy 11 June 2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer (Post 7007594)
It would have been nice to know though don't you think :rolleyes: We followed these cars for I guess 40 miles telling the police what was happening just in case it was the car they were looking for and nothing :(

Yeah totally agree mate... I have had that a few times now, never hear anything for all your hard work.

On the other side of it, I got caught up in a road rage incident a couple of years back, guy throwing his car in front of mine, and screeching to a halt on the A406 North Circ!!
5 mins on the phone to the police, the assured assistance was on the way as we turned up onto the M11, to get onto what I felt was a better road to be on.... Just as the police phoned back the car turned off.
My other half spoke to the police, and as she spoke with them, the unmarked car dispatched to us drew along side, asked if we were ok, and pulled ahead.

Guess sometimes there is time to follow up, other times, its just not practical... OR.... the whole incident is a lot bigger than we all know.

APIDavid 11 June 2007 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by lem6 (Post 7007607)
asians driving them?..they'll be in bradford...guaranteed:thumb:

Oooops!! here we go again, I feel a rant coming on from somewhere.

Lem6 Edit your post ASAP please we've just got this back on track after a few comments regarding the Asians bit.

On subject, I doubt we'll ever hear if the cars were the ones in question or just innocent traders going about their business and just happen to be in the area of a stolen car. After all, rally blue Imprezas are hardly common so there can only have one in the area:lol1: so it must be the stolen one.

Thanks for all the assistance that we have given the fuzz in any case, guys & girls. That was my objective when I started this post. AND to try and help some poor sod get his car back.

David APi

Paulo P 11 June 2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by APIDavid (Post 7007628)
rally blue Imprezas are hardly common so there can only have one in the area:lol1:

Granted but 2 door type R ones are rare in this area :razz: ;) Hopefully the owner gets his car back soon :)

lem6 11 June 2007 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by APIDavid (Post 7007628)
Oooops!! here we go again, I feel a rant coming on from somewhere.

Lem6 Edit your post ASAP please we've just got this back on track after a few comments regarding the Asians bit.

On subject, I doubt we'll ever hear if the cars were the ones in question or just innocent traders going about their business and just happen to be in the area of a stolen car. After all, rally blue Imprezas are hardly common so there can only have one in the area:lol1: so it must be the stolen one.

Thanks for all the assistance that we have given the fuzz in any case, guys & girls. That was my objective when I started this post. AND to try and help some poor sod get his car back.

David APi

dudu normally would but it's more than likeley true! like all the evo's and subarus stolen from santa pod donnington,trax etc etc,endless threads about it on mlr.

APIDavid 11 June 2007 03:39 PM

OK, but not helpful in this context. On this particular thread please keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. As I said, we have just got it back on track after potentially offending Asian scoobynetters with a clumsy statement.

David

lem6 11 June 2007 03:42 PM

come to areas near me then make that statement.

DevilHimSelf 11 June 2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by lem6 (Post 7008531)
come to areas near me then make that statement.

Take the hint "Dude", drop it your wAYYYYYYYY of thread.

Hopefully someone will have more info and help a fellow scooby owner get his pride and joy back, or at least have closure on this.

lem6 11 June 2007 05:05 PM

ok "dude" murph.

shustir 12 June 2007 03:06 PM

OK, even I am getting bored of all this clap trap now.

Back to the point, I dont think we'll ever know whether the cars in question were legit or not. If indeed it was the stolen Impreza I do hope the police did catch up with them and the book is thrown at them very hard and fast!