ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   HOW QUICK??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/609331-how-quick.html)

treehack 29 May 2007 09:18 PM

so back to the megane.
i drove one a while back when lookin for a replacement for my JDM.i thought it was slow and handled like a bus,chronic understeer (just after the saleman had finnished telling me how well it handled).
prefered the ST200 bt ended up buying a 380hp classic:)

Luminous 29 May 2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6965987)
I suppose it all depends on what rolling road though. On Powerstations rollers mine made 342.4 BHP (corrected engine power) which apparently equated to 195.2 BHP ATW, which is way more than 19%, but then again their setup is supposedly pessimistic to say the least.

Good god that is a 43% transmission loss :eek2:

Something is wrong with that info...

GONZO01 29 May 2007 09:41 PM

Treehack a 380bhp classic what mods did/has that little puppy have/got.As for the Megane I played with My classic must be Quicker as back in feb On the way to a Funeral in Great Barr Birmingham had a little play with a focus rs (before I had my Boost controller fitted and had it mapped) and was pulling away from that on the m50.

Terminator X 29 May 2007 11:07 PM

Followed a Megane 225 & a new shape Golf GTi today going home from work. Both were fast as they were gunning it :) I prefered the look of the Megane. Nice looking cars.

TX.

GONZO01 29 May 2007 11:12 PM

Don't like the back end of the megane.But I hope the owner of the megane likes the back end of a scooby as he will be having a good look the next time I see him conditions permitting.:lol1: :lol1:

MrRA 29 May 2007 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 6968085)
Good god that is a 43% transmission loss :eek2:

Something is wrong with that info...

I think so too, but I'm stating what is on my printout. I know PS's rollers are said to be pessimistic, but that is just downright depressing.

https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/14...02largera9.jpg

Terminator X 29 May 2007 11:21 PM

^^ That's the spirit Gonzo ;)

TX.

GONZO01 29 May 2007 11:24 PM

How do you solve the transmission problem?Is it as simple as a new gearbox if so how much and what kind do you go for in order to solve the problem.

Terminator X 29 May 2007 11:25 PM

Well mine was "only" 19% at Surrey Rolling Road :)

TX.

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6968523)
I think so too, but I'm stating what is on my printout. I know PS's rollers are said to be pessimistic, but that is just downright depressing.[/img]

MrRA 29 May 2007 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6968552)
Well mine was "only" 19% at Surrey Rolling Road :)

TX.

I best go there next time then! ;)

andythejock01wrx 29 May 2007 11:42 PM

Do RRs actually measure transmission losses or do they simply multiply the whp by a pre-specified percentage (ie an estimate of likely transmission losses) to arrive at the bhp at the fly ?

DazW 30 May 2007 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 6967948)
So standard s205 or standard uk scooby from a standing start mate.

Best motoring managed to get the GT4 to do a 13.8 standing 1/4 ...not sure of the figures for a UK Impreza but id imagine the power delivery would make it 'feel' quicker as the fours delivery is very smooth (twin entry turbo)

I swapped to an STi when a ppp'd classic gave me a right whooping! & when i got to drive a workmates P1 :D

DazW 30 May 2007 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 6968632)
Do RRs actually measure transmission losses or do they simply multiply the whp by a pre-specified percentage (ie an estimate of likely transmission losses) to arrive at the bhp at the fly ?

They just measure whp & 'guestimate' the fly figure ...obviously the higher the transmission loss they dial in, the more 'optimistic' the fly result ...this tends to happen just after you've had some mods fitted by them ;) ;)

imho RR's are pretty useless unless you used the same one before your mods, or if you have a standard car there to use as a yard stick

amazingjames 30 May 2007 03:57 PM

no 2 rr's are going to ever show the same results thats just a fact of life but it gives a rough idea as to what to expect. they should only be used to mesure the improvements of mods ore to fault find as its really how a car acts on the road that matters. numbers are just numbers and nothing else.

reano 30 May 2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by amazingjames (Post 6970434)
.... numbers are just numbers and nothing else.

lol what a quote but numbers usually relate to something. I bet yhou would prefer these numbers 3.5 rather than 10.6 when related to your 0 - 60 time. Or try this 9 inches or 2 inches which would you prefer to have :norty: . Numbers are just numbers but in the right situations mean a lot. I wouldn't mind someone giving me the 6 numbers for saturdays Lottery draw ...... SO numbers on a rolling road to have a lot of importance in the right circumstances ...

Evo IX MR RS 30 May 2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 6964810)
I had a play this evening on a bypass with a Renault Megane sport 225.We both came off a roundabout was'nt going to play as I was to busy singing along to a cd.I was in third he undertook me changed down and booted it so I thought why not forgot to change down the box put my foot down and I could'nt catch him:eek2: F**K it was a quick car:eek2: at the end of the bypass he informed me it was a 225 megane sport both had a laugh and went our seperate ways.Didn't realise how quick they were mine is running just over 255bhp and as I said I couldn't catch him time for more mods me thinks.Would off probably been a different story from a standing start though I think.:lol1:

This is when it is time to sell your scobby and buy a EVO:luxhello:

amazingjames 30 May 2007 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by reano (Post 6970734)
lol what a quote but numbers usually relate to something. I bet yhou would prefer these numbers 3.5 rather than 10.6 when related to your 0 - 60 time. Or try this 9 inches or 2 inches which would you prefer to have :norty: . Numbers are just numbers but in the right situations mean a lot. I wouldn't mind someone giving me the 6 numbers for saturdays Lottery draw ...... SO numbers on a rolling road to have a lot of importance in the right circumstances ...

i got 343 on tritons rr and 337 on wrc tech so as i sais there just numbers that mean nothing. i am 6'7 and if i mesure myself on some1 elses tape im still 6'7 and im 26 years old and i will be tommorow. rr figures mean nothing there just a ball park figure. when have you known 2 rr to give the exact same results down to the decimal point. when have you mresured hight with 2 tapes and got the same result?. every time with the tape never with the rr. point made,,

treehack 30 May 2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 6968106)
Treehack a 380bhp classic what mods did/has that little puppy have/got..

just a few mods mate

• Hybrid FMIC
• Apexi power FC ecu - mapped by Simon
• Apexi AVC-R boost controller
• TD05/06 20g turbo
• APS circ/re-circ dump valve
• K&N induction kit
• Gruppe-s unequal length stainless headers
• Helix flexi up-pipe
• 3" full de-cat system
• NGK PFR7b plugs
• Walboro 255l/hr fuel pump
• SX Adjustable pressure regulator and gauge
• Lateral 800cc matched injectors
• Stainless braided flexi fuel lines
• 8 point earthing kit
• Breather mod
RCM uprated oil pump
AP Organic Racing clutch
8kg lightened fly wheel

gillyz20let 30 May 2007 08:59 PM

i questioned powerstation about there wheel figures when mine was mapped and apparently there final figure is an actual to the road figure taking into account rolling resistance, wind resistance and weight resistance. so its not an actual atw power but a "at the driving seat" power.

GONZO01 30 May 2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR RS (Post 6971344)
This is when it is time to sell your scobby and buy a EVO:luxhello:

That will never happen m8:)

GONZO01 30 May 2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by treehack (Post 6971438)
just a few mods mate

• Hybrid FMIC
• Apexi power FC ecu - mapped by Simon
• Apexi AVC-R boost controller
• TD05/06 20g turbo
• APS circ/re-circ dump valve
• K&N induction kit
• Gruppe-s unequal length stainless headers
• Helix flexi up-pipe
• 3" full de-cat system
• NGK PFR7b plugs
• Walboro 255l/hr fuel pump
• SX Adjustable pressure regulator and gauge
• Lateral 800cc matched injectors
• Stainless braided flexi fuel lines
• 8 point earthing kit
• Breather mod
RCM uprated oil pump
AP Organic Racing clutch
8kg lightened fly wheel

What gearbox did you have and could I get all those mods for 4k and if so where do I go pal.:)

treehack 30 May 2007 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 6971724)
What gearbox did you have and could I get all those mods for 4k and if so where do I go pal.:)

running a standard STI 5 gearbox at the mo.could ya do all that for 4k maybe if ya did all the spannering yourself.i brought the car already done bar the oil pump and clutch which were over a grand in themselves,plus don't forget too cost in the remapping.
the mods don't run just to the engine tho

GONZO01 30 May 2007 11:10 PM

Cool thanks for the advice.It would also be much appreicated if you could help me on my other thread ''What would you do'' in a way it relates to this one:lol1:

Terminator X 30 May 2007 11:11 PM

Mmmmm :wonder:

So the RR tells me power at the wheels then they just guess what the flywheel power is by assuming a %age! How do I find out for certain then? If my car is 300bhp at wheels then I'd like to know if AN Others Megane is much, much less ;)

TX.

Originally Posted by DazW (Post 6969066)
They just measure whp & 'guestimate' the fly figure ...obviously the higher the transmission loss they dial in, the more 'optimistic' the fly result ...this tends to happen just after you've had some mods fitted by them ;) ;)

imho RR's are pretty useless unless you used the same one before your mods, or if you have a standard car there to use as a yard stick

andythejock01wrx 30 May 2007 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by amazingjames (Post 6971402)
i got 343 on tritons rr and 337 on wrc tech so as i sais there just numbers that mean nothing. i am 6'7 and if i mesure myself on some1 elses tape im still 6'7

Ha ! I'm 6'8" !!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...x/Banane47.gif

alanbell 30 May 2007 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 6964810)
I had a play this evening on a bypass with a Renault Megane sport 225.We both came off a roundabout was'nt going to play as I was to busy singing along to a cd.I was in third he undertook me changed down and booted it so I thought why not forgot to change down the box put my foot down and I could'nt catch him:eek2: F**K it was a quick car:eek2: at the end of the bypass he informed me it was a 225 megane sport both had a laugh and went our seperate ways.Didn't realise how quick they were mine is running just over 255bhp and as I said I couldn't catch him time for more mods me thinks.Would off probably been a different story from a standing start though I think.:lol1:

I had one of these for 2 days not so long ago :sleep: I was glad to give it back , And get into mine :thumb:

stara 30 May 2007 11:49 PM

does the megane still have the big ar5e

GONZO01 31 May 2007 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by alanbell (Post 6972152)
I had one of these for 2 days not so long ago :sleep: I was glad to give it back , And get into mine :thumb:

What do you drive?

GONZO01 31 May 2007 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by stara (Post 6972157)
does the megane still have the big ar5e

Yes a big square one:lol1: haven't seen it since to show him mine.:)

DazW 31 May 2007 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6972051)
How do I find out for certain then?
TX.

2 ways, ones boring & expensive ...i.e take your engine out & dyno it, the other way a bit more fun, iirc a timed run upto vmax & find out your car's drag co. & use some googled algebra :D