ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   No more Neo 4's for PS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/58917-no-more-neo-4s-for-ps2.html)

NickAdams 18 December 2001 09:52 AM

Well,the messiah is no more.Well,not from CT anyway.This was taken directly from their website earlier:

Playstation Chip Modifications

We have presented the the necessary arguments with those that listen, and they have found favor for Sony. Channel Technology now remove all console related modifications from the website without prejudice.

It has to be said, that although this is not a definitive decision on the arguments, Channel Technology have a clearer perspective of the issues from the experience.

We wish to thank everyone for their support on the matters, and wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year.

The website returns to normal over the next couple of days

Bit of a shame really but I guess that these chips will start to appear from the far east and they'll be available here in the uk sometime in the new year!

Nick.. :( :(

[Edited by NickAdams - 12/18/2001 9:53:36 AM]

DazV 18 December 2001 11:57 AM

Thanks for the info Nick

scooby nutter 18 December 2001 01:12 PM

Daz
I'm going the other way.Dont want Neo 4,fancy a "Messiah Type" chip!
less wires ,no need to do swap tricks.
also you dont need to cut a track on the circuit board(dissables macrovision)as i rarely use my ps2 for videoing dvds,so this doesnt bother me.
If you go on Carl Bulger's website he is still selling Neo's £100 fitted.
He also has "M"chip's.not the real Messiahs ;) ;) !! posted for £65 i think or fitted for £85.He is located near Lancaster.his web address is posted above.
think he's chipped over 3500 playstations!!!psx ps1 ps2.
cos my local installer is pi**"$g me around i'm taking my ps2 to him.

Duncan.

NickAdams 19 December 2001 09:36 AM

Scooby Nutter,
I'd be interested to hear if he (Carl Bulger) can supply (I don't need fitting! :D ) the Messiah based chip whatever name it goes by. If you get in touch with him,ask him how much and if he's got any - I'm off on friday so could pop over to Lancaster.Drop me a mail offline if you need to chat with me?

Cheers pal, :D :D :D

Nick..

scooby nutter 19 December 2001 12:43 PM

Hi Nick,
if you go to Carls site (on a previous post)and email him,he will reply very quickly.I think the "M" type chip was £65 including postage.He has sold the ones he got this week but will have some more next week.He takes cheques but if you wanted you could collect, as long as you pre-arrange it.

Carl will fit one in 4 hours(fully tested etc)while you wait .Price is £85.

Give him a email.I dont have a contact number but he does reply to his emails.

Cheers

Duncan

NickAdams 19 December 2001 02:12 PM

Hiya duncan,
I mailed him on sunday evenin from home but haven't heard anything back at all from him.I'll try again from my works email account!

Thanks for the info!

Nick..

DazV 19 December 2001 06:53 PM

Cheers Duncan.

I want the NEO4 over Messiah for DVD Region free mainly - I've got a US PS2 and can't play any UK DVDs on it!

Will give this bloke a try.

-DV

scooby nutter 19 December 2001 08:35 PM

Hi guys,
after i said i was definatly getting a Messiah type chip,I've gone and got a Neo 4:):)
not got my machine back yet but dropped it off today,should be ready by thursday.
Carl Bulger was going to be my first choice for one of his "M" type chips,but my local installer showed his face again and said he had 15 Neo4's:);)
Couldnt wait much longer so went for it!

What a sight,a guy carrying 6 ps2's to his house when i met him!!
good job i wrote down the serial number etc:)

Hope you both get sorted with the chips you want,If any of you want a Neo4 i could give you my "chipper's" number!

Will report back when i get the console back.

Duncan

DazV 19 December 2001 09:38 PM

Duncan, if you trust 'your' guy to do a good install, ask him if he's got any NEO4 board suitable for my SCPH3001 US PS2 will you.

DazV 21 December 2001 12:54 AM

If anyone has a NEO4 suitable for my US PS2, let me know and I'll have one off you.

-DV

scooby nutter 21 December 2001 06:50 PM

Daz
Picking up my ps2 tonight ,will ask him if he has any suitable for US PS2.

DazV 21 December 2001 10:11 PM

You're the man (contrary to popular opinion)

scooby nutter 22 December 2001 12:38 PM

:) :)
At last iv'e got my PS2 back!
He was up until 4am modding it.A small splash of solder had landed on two pins causing it to fail on boot up!!
Just tried it out:
Psx backups,direct boot
psx originals,direct boot
Ps2 dvd originals,direct boot
PS2 dvd backups,not got any!
PS2 backups(CDR) direct boot
multiregion mod,not tested yet
dvd backups,not got any.

The unit takes a little longer to load disks but i can live with that.

Daz: i asked about your US ps2,he thinks the normal neo4 chip will work but you might need different wiring diagrams.He's checking it out for me.

Duncan

DazV 22 December 2001 01:48 PM

Duncan,

>>The unit takes a little longer to load disks but i can live with that.

What do you mean ? Isn't it supposed to boot them quicker ? Thanks for asking.

-DV

scooby nutter 22 December 2001 06:45 PM

Daz,
If i put in a psx game ,press reset,the disk tray closes.Ps2 reads the disk ,nearly goes onto the ps2 browser screen(well it does but only for a split second)then carries on and loads the game.
I tried toca3 patched version,and i thought it wasnt loading so i pressed X out of curiosity and it went to the title screen??

I'm going to test it on all my psx backups,which could take some time (150+games)plus i need to try it on psx originals.

Ive tried a dvd swap but only with a original(whats the point?)but it worked,held eject,disk tray shot out(bit quicker than normal eject)put in another dvd ,let go of eject and it went in a bit quicker,loaded game.

The guy is getting a DVD writer after christmas so i will have a few dvd backups to test out.

Duncan

NickAdams 23 December 2001 11:38 AM

Scoobynutter,
Me too - Gonna get a DVD writer after xmas me thinks!!! :D :D :D
The best one (If anyone's interested) is the Pioneer A03! I've heard the new format writers are out next year (DVD+RW) so it's worth waitin to see what happens on that front.
I've also mailed Carl and had a reply.Hopefully,I'll get my M chip next week assuming he gets some himself!

Have a good xmas boys! (And lets hope santa brings us all our lovely chips!!! ;) )

Cheers,

Nick..

[Edited by NickAdams - 12/23/2001 11:39:12 AM]

scooby nutter 24 December 2001 08:54 PM

Hi gang,
Merry Xmas and all that,
Bit peeved off at the moment because upon trying my collection of backups,PSX,i have found a problem!
All my import backups,Usa,Japan(NTSC)play on the ps2 no problem,only trouble is that there is a annoying Black bar that runs across the bottom of the screen!!
According to someone on the CD-rom bulletin board,its the Neo4.
Import games need to be patched to Pal format,this will stop the streak!!

OH bugger!!!
I think the "M"type chip stopped this problem!!

Oh well,
Merry christmas Boys,May Santa bring you "MODCHIPS AND MANY BACKUPS"

Duncan.

DazV 24 December 2001 10:41 PM

Duncan,

All the best mate - thanks for that info too on NEO4. Shouldn't be much of a problem patching to PAL - just a pain, eh?

Still, I've got my girlfriend to buy me Metal Gear Solid 2, and Gran Theft Auto 3 (bought back in Nov) and told her to wrap em up for me for Christmas day.

Can't wait to empty my bulging sack all over the floor.

-All the best to you all!

PS: If you ever get the chance, try a game called "ICO" (Sony) for PS2 - nobody has heard of it, but its class - think of Prince Of Persia, but in 3D and silky smooth with beautiful graphics.
=
-DV

DazV 24 December 2001 10:42 PM

Latest on NEO4 fitted the other to a friends machine.

Since having it fitted, all his copies play great, but his DVD originals WONT PLAY ANYMORE. The installer is blaming a dodgy laser.

Wonder if this is common ?

-DV

scooby nutter 25 December 2001 06:36 PM

Hi Daz merry xmas,
P.S.dont empty your bulging sack over the floor....will make a mess!!
DVD originals work ok with my PS2,got a few today(motocross,Terrafirma 7+heaven +hell,(if youve heard of them))
maybe its the laser,think there is a site where it shows how to recalibrate the laser,will look for you tomorrow.

Merry xmas mate.

Duncan.

DazV 25 December 2001 10:05 PM

Duncan, could I ask you to email me - I have a proposal for you and I need your email addr.

-DV

[Edited by DazV - 12/25/2001 10:06:34 PM]

scooby nutter 26 December 2001 03:32 PM

Daz ,you have mail,

my addy is duncanparkinson1@hotmail.com

Duncan

DazV 26 December 2001 08:16 PM

CHeers Duncan - proposal sent!

NickAdams 27 December 2001 03:05 PM

Merry Xmas guys!
Well,I got my Pioneer DVD Writer on boxing day - Anyone else see em on offer at PC World for £299.Complete bargain if you ask me,just need to get a chip now! :D :D

Cheers,

Nick..

scooby nutter 27 December 2001 06:17 PM

Hi gang,
Nick,are the blank dvdr's expensive?

"Burn Baby Burn!!" :):)

DazV 27 December 2001 07:08 PM

£299 ? Wow! Will have to check that out.

Nick, can you do copies of stuff like PS2 games? What copying software comes with it ?

-DV

NickAdams 28 December 2001 01:21 PM

I've seen blank 'unbranded' DVD-Rs coming in around 3 quid but the 'branded' stuff like Verbatims are around the 7 quid mark.As to me copying PS2 stuff,Never! ;)

I saw someone had a Pioneer A03 for sale on the Private Sale forum at 400 quid.Btw,does anyone have a number for Carl Bulger?

Cheers,

Nick..

scooby nutter 28 December 2001 07:20 PM

Nick,
sorry i dont have Carls number,only have his address:
7 Ousby Avenue
Westgate
Morecambe
LA3 3DN

Beware of these so called "Elvis"chips apparantly they dont exist!!
I have been surfing a lot of modchip sites and have noticed a growing number of people paying for "elvis etc etc"chips and they have been waiting weeks for these to come ,if they ever will,i dont know!

Duncan

NickAdams 28 December 2001 07:32 PM

Thanks mate!
I got his address in an email from him.Gonna email him again and see if I get a response!

Cheers,

Nick..

ScoobydoobyDave 28 December 2001 10:28 PM

Would Neokeys be any good to you lot? As I know someone who sells them (see this thread http://www.migubb.co.uk/forums/showt...threadid=12190 )

Ive delt with Steve before so dont mind being a ref for him.

hope it's of use :D

Cheers
Dave