ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   So you been up to? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/581059-so-you-been-up-to.html)

RA Dunk 26 February 2007 05:27 PM

not really sure wot to do for the best tbh m8, im looking for a really strong block (with internals) incase i move the goal posts further in the future, something capable of 500/500 would be ok if i ever decided to go that far, no point in shoving in a block then regreting it later on :wonder:

drb5 26 February 2007 05:42 PM

Personal preference then really. What best describes how you use the car and what you intend to use the car for?

I can't say there is a right and wrong way about anything, but if you can't get the 2.2CDB, then i'd move up the scale to the 2.5.

I AM biased of course though. :D

Minjeeta 26 February 2007 05:59 PM

boys, boys, boys, you can help me out I hope. my turbos ****ed and basically I'm after a rapid cheap, well any advise or help would be appreciated immensly. i've got cold sweats, hallucinating every car on the roads a soob and the guy 2 streets aways just got a blobsti. doh.

RA Dunk 26 February 2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by drb5 (Post 6698608)
Personal preference then really. What best describes how you use the car and what you intend to use the car for?

I can't say there is a right and wrong way about anything, but if you can't get the 2.2CDB, then i'd move up the scale to the 2.5.

I AM biased of course though. :D

just something strong that can deal with a large amount of BHP and torque for thrashing round knockhill or crail

im liking this one though
AXIS POWER RACING- Stage 5 Motor

or this one

actually cheaper than the 2.33 from scobymania as well especially with how the current transfer rate with the pound and the dollar is doing just now, wot ya reckon?

im fully open to ideas on this so feel free to share any thoughts you might have :p

RA Dunk 26 February 2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Minjeeta (Post 6698673)
boys, boys, boys, you can help me out I hope. my turbos ****ed and basically I'm after a rapid cheap, well any advise or help would be appreciated immensly. i've got cold sweats, hallucinating every car on the roads a soob and the guy 2 streets aways just got a blobsti. doh.

AndyForrestPerformance

drb5 26 February 2007 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ (Post 6698967)
just something strong that can deal with a large amount of BHP and torque for thrashing round knockhill or crail

im liking this one though

or this one

actually cheaper than the 2.33 from scobymania as well especially with how the current transfer rate with the pound and the dollar is doing just now, wot ya reckon?

im fully open to ideas on this so feel free to share any thoughts you might have :p

OTT in my opinion mate.

New 2.5 shortblock
New drop in Wiseco pistons

=£1800 with 7k rev limit

add new rods. Upwards of £300 and should take your limit up to 7.5-8k

+plus labour costs

Search EJ257 on Ebay and you'll find Roguepi selling a lot of bits.

drb5 26 February 2007 08:28 PM

Z-1 Performance Automotive Services Inc. - Subaru STi 2.5 Liter Shortblock

Speak to Adam and tell him Dave from Scotland sent ya sent you.

Minjeeta 26 February 2007 10:01 PM

cheers acid. one i've just taken offs an ihi vf 34, but thats swahealy to me, sure they guys'll sort me out okay ta.