ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why do it? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/570655-why-do-it.html)

Tripple'O G 02 January 2007 11:37 AM

Then again if the car has something a little special under the hood and you have launched yourself into Subaru ownership, why not let it scream it?
You want to be stealthy, so be it....but it's people like you who say "chavmobile" that give it a bad name.....it's not to your taste fine, doesn't make it chav does it?

Boy racers don't bother me because I can let them go on their way....what I don't agree with is the ones that dangerous drive to try and get a reaction....

Gear Head 02 January 2007 11:43 AM

I had a baby blue Toyota Soarer try to 'bait' me this morning.
Went to undertake me, then stayed level, looked across at me and then booted it causing the rear to squirm all over the place. Yes m8, great. :rolleyes:

It did sound rather nice, but I just couldn't believe that he wanted to race at 8.30am in busy traffic. Utter, utter gimp.

octain 02 January 2007 11:47 AM

You pay for it you do wot you like, everyone to his own, i would never ever down some ones car for any reason, have to say this is the worst ever site for being slated, and if they carnt get you on the car they go for spelling and sh.t , just to down you,now that is sad

Mick

Paul3446 02 January 2007 11:48 AM

I think you are missing the point about being a chavmobile. It's nothing to do with it being an Impreza, it's to do with modifying a car until it looks ridiculous. Whether it's a Saxo, a Corsa, an Impreza or a Ferrari, if you stick a load of stickers, Lexus lights, tints, bodykits, spoilers etc. on it, it's going to look like a chavmobile.

Adidas 02 January 2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Paul - there is NOTHING chav about Frayz's car believe me :thumb:

Only the driver :p :p ;)

Frayz, you know I luv ya really !! :luvlove: :luvlove: :)

Tripple'O G 02 January 2007 11:51 AM

Your opinion :thumb: .....I know my car isn't a rally car but I wonder if rally cars are classed as chav then if they're stickered up...fair enough they don't have lexus lights but if done so the car looks balanced, is that chav? :wonder:

octain 02 January 2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Your opinion :thumb: .....I know my car isn't a rally car but I wonder if rally cars are classed as chav then if they're stickered up...fair enough they don't have lexus lights but if done so the car looks balanced, is that chav? :wonder:

Agreed:thumb:

EmEm 02 January 2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I had a baby blue Toyota Soarer try to 'bait' me this morning.
Went to undertake me, then stayed level, looked across at me and then booted it causing the rear to squirm all over the place. Yes m8, great. :rolleyes:

It did sound rather nice, but I just couldn't believe that he wanted to race at 8.30am in busy traffic. Utter, utter gimp.

I know what you mean!! Although I do find when the "racing" car tries to catch my attention, I just look across to them, give them the "whats the point" kinda look and just drive off (not race off!) At that point they are so bewildered that a girly is driving a Scooby, I "win" as it were. Thats good enough for me!!!

Paul3446 02 January 2007 11:59 AM

I don't have a problem with stickers to be honest if they are proper rally decals, they can look good. Obviously rally cars have stickers for sponsorship so that's not a valid argument, although you could say that if a rally team had no sponsors, why would they put stickers on it?

You can only look at an individual car and decide if it is chavvy or not. The stickers I mean are more sun visors, stereo manufacturers etc. :nono:

1168 02 January 2007 12:09 PM

hi guys.happy new year.to be honest i dont care what anyone thinks about my scooby ,what ive done to it was for me not them.ive got the star & swosh graphics down the side and one on the boot and a roof scoop.also twin headlight conversion and rear afterburners.if that makes me a chav ill get the gold out now:lol1:

New_scooby_04 02 January 2007 12:56 PM

If my car has an image, it's in the minds of others! Beyond my control and, quite frankly, I couldn't give a flying ****! :)

If other people find my car's image offensive (it's a pretty std classic in appearence), or make derrogatory remarks, I always respond with the same reply:

"I'm sorry you don't like the way my car looks, but fear not, It'll be well out of your sight very soon!" ;) :D

Ns04

EmEm 02 January 2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
"I'm sorry you don't like the way my car looks, but fear not, It'll be well out of your sight very soon!" ;) :D

Ns04

I'm loving that remark!!!!! Top marks - will have to remember that one!!!! :thumb:

trails 02 January 2007 02:35 PM

I've had my Subaru well over a year now and finally have it just the way I like it.......I was going to sell it but my mind changes with the wind and after giving it a lot of thought, i've decided to keep it...

2 things bother me though.....

1)The image........I was getting sick of other people taking the pi$$ out of it....all the "chav" jibes, the fact that people go on and on about, "you shouldn't have graphics, shouldn't have a dump valve blah blah blah...."
Then I finally worked it out....i'm proud to actually have the bottle to have my car the way I want it. Not to be put down by others that think they're better because they have an Aston, Audi RSwhatevers and the like. There are people out there that will never like the gold wheels, big spoliers and the like but I haven't been in another car that makes ME grin whenever I drive it. Something thats "out there" and the fact that we shouldn't shy away just because some people shake their heads....

2) The problem other road users have........for example.....I was poodling down the M25 on Sunday after going to look at an M3 (this was the car that would have tempted me away, but was a major anti-climax) when a red Astra VXR with blacked out windows whipped past me, slammed his breaks on, hit his hazards and shot off again......whats the point?

I don't want to get into the whole, "My car is better than yours thread" but my car doesn't exactly look standard as is far from it.......

Do they do it because they are under the delusion that it's "all show and no go"? or that they want to go down the pub saying "I left this scoob the other day, they're fcuking sh1t they are...."

Morning rant over....2007......the sun is shining and the scoob is staying.....:D

yo TOG glad you are keeping it, easiest solution would be to buy a wagon...far cooler than salons anyways ;):D

Tripple'O G 02 January 2007 02:37 PM

I'm not that cool yet.....on my way though ;)

trails 02 January 2007 02:39 PM

I'm not that cool yet.....on my way though ;)

keep on it and you will get there ;)

Sweepickit 02 January 2007 02:49 PM

At the Sunseeker rally here in Bournemouth last year there were quite a few lexus lights on show.. on a scoob and on a few other cars taking part. One even had led dustcaps on each wheel. Was fun and spectators loved it! I say have fun and do what you want with your car, and take no notice of the grumpu (old?) men/women who think modification should be out-lawed!:thumb:

agent003 02 January 2007 03:36 PM

I've had my Subaru well over a year now and finally have it just the way I like it.......I was going to sell it but my mind changes with the wind and after giving it a lot of thought, i've decided to keep it...

2 things bother me though.....

1)The image........I was getting sick of other people taking the pi$$ out of it....all the "chav" jibes, the fact that people go on and on about, "you shouldn't have graphics, shouldn't have a dump valve blah blah blah...."
Then I finally worked it out....i'm proud to actually have the bottle to have my car the way I want it. Not to be put down by others that think they're better because they have an Aston, Audi RSwhatevers and the like. There are people out there that will never like the gold wheels, big spoliers and the like but I haven't been in another car that makes ME grin whenever I drive it. Something thats "out there" and the fact that we shouldn't shy away just because some people shake their heads....

2) The problem other road users have........for example.....I was poodling down the M25 on Sunday after going to look at an M3 (this was the car that would have tempted me away, but was a major anti-climax) when a red Astra VXR with blacked out windows whipped past me, slammed his breaks on, hit his hazards and shot off again......whats the point?

I don't want to get into the whole, "My car is better than yours thread" but my car doesn't exactly look standard as is far from it.......

Do they do it because they are under the delusion that it's "all show and no go"? or that they want to go down the pub saying "I left this scoob the other day, they're fcuking sh1t they are...."

Morning rant over....2007......the sun is shining and the scoob is staying.....:D

No m8... its just driver impressions.... nothing for US to worry about:D