ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   COMET - what a bunch of idiots!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/565340-comet-what-a-bunch-of-idiots.html)

AllanB 10 December 2006 09:59 PM

Forget ebuyer unless you want hassle if anything goes wrong. Do a google on it !

AllanB

pslewis 10 December 2006 11:01 PM

Thats it then .... booked it from CURRYS on their Reserve and Collect - £170

Plus some speaker/docking system which charges from the mains, half price if bought with any iPOD .... but not showing that offer online? :confused:

It's £5 more than Amazon and other online stores, but thats small change when you can drive 5 miles down the road to the shop you bought it from if things go wrong :thumb: :D

mart360 10 December 2006 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Currys, The Link and PCWorld are all Dixon Stores Group companies Mart.

the link is no more :D

they may be the same group, but when there next door to each other, they need the sales... so they get some good deals going :)

Mart

andyfish 11 December 2006 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
dixons pete....

they are price matching pc world...... and in stock

oops
30gb black is 170 ish

Mart

Dixons and PC World...same company!:thumb:

GrahamG 11 December 2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Customer service doesn't matter to some companies does it?

I used to shop on-line with Tesco, long story cut short ..... got food delivered, realised in 2 mins that my frozen stuff was still on the lorry. Rang them and asked them to turn driver round to come back, they said his phone is off so cant do it, they said they would refund my account with the cost of the frozen goods. I said no thanks I would rather have the goods delivered. Their answer will go to my grave with me ''We can't do that sir its under the minimum delivery charge'' WHAT, its your fault it's not here, I know so BUT IT'S NOT WORTH OUR WHILE TO COME TO YOU. I live 4 miles from the store. I enventually told them to poke it up their arse and vowed never to use them again.

grrrrrrr

where you shop now??

paulr 11 December 2006 07:16 PM

Pete,didnt you once say Ipods were for the fashion sheep,Samsung is where the value is?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

pslewis 11 December 2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by paulr
Pete,didnt you once say Ipods were for the fashion sheep,Samsung is where the value is?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

No, I said that I would rather buy ANYTHING except an iPOD!! :D

And that is what I would love to do - I HATE iPODS and I hate all the idiots that it attracts ...................... however, in this case - the iPOD looks like the best product in the MP3 game by some margin.

The sheep can sometimes be right, it would appear!?

Vegescoob 11 December 2006 10:22 PM

Ah, idiots.
The World is full of them.
Why, there are some "idiots" who own Subaru Imprezas, who can't even insert a transmission dipstick properly.
To thus ensure their transmission has the correct quantity of lubricant.

unclebuck 11 December 2006 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
Why, there are some "idiots" who own Subaru Imprezas, who can't even insert a transmission dipstick properly.
To thus ensure their transmission has the correct quantity of lubricant.

I can't answer that.

What I can confirm though, is that lewis is gay beyond doubt.. :Whatever_ :lol:

Jap2Scrap 11 December 2006 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Currys, The Link and PCWorld are all Dixon Stores Group companies Mart.

Yes they are and in my experience PC World is the only one that won't try and wangle its way out of the Price Match promises. In fact, in Hedge End, nr Southampton, there's a trading estate with a Currys and PC World next door to each other. Whilst looking for a cheap printer for the daughter's bedroom we found one in PC World for £49.99. Next door in Currys it was marked as £19.99 but they had none in stock and no foreseeable deliveries. None the less we went back int PCW and were amazed when they offered to match the price. Needless to say we took them up on it.

pslewis 12 December 2006 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
What I can confirm though, is that lewis is gay beyond doubt..

Is this your way of telling me that you want to have my babies??? :eek: