ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   New Shoes (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/563905-new-shoes.html)

RMA26 05 December 2006 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by clutdav
Yep very much so - the wheels are VERY similar to the S203/4 alloys (but the genuine ones cost $3000 without tyres.................:nono:

I have a custom EcuTek Tek 3 remap which NOW on the STi9 allows you to run two maps - one high boost one low boost (switchable from the demister button on full throtle) and Launch control. The launch control sounds wonderful.................:notworthy

Dave

Yeah, RLE has this too, on his heated rear windscreen button, low & high boost setting

Thought you had something different

trails 05 December 2006 10:01 AM

Oh no you are correct - I know where to get a S203 rear spoiler from aswell - now to convince the Mrs................:confused:

Dave

surly its a done deal...the S203 is much more subtle and the real winner is you will probably lose very little when (if), you put the car back to standard and sell the bits on ;):)

clutdav 05 December 2006 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
That's interesting to know! Never heard anything about this? you must be the first person on the forum to have it!
How does the launch control work then?

Launch control is basically a static (below 10mph) rev limiter. You can set it up to what ever level you want (I have it set at 4.5k revs) and when the car is below 10mph it won't rev above your limit. So to do a fast start to basically put your foot flat on the floor - engine revs to set limit - and then you drop the clutch as quickly as you can. The engine won't rev over your set limit until you get above 10mph. This basically stops you over spinning the wheels on the takeoff and losing too much traction. Plus it means you can get full boost as soon as the car has traction therefore giving you consistently quick starts.

But I have to be honest - it just sounds sooooo ggggggooooooooooddddddddd! :eek2:

Dave

PS: That's the way I understand it anyway.....................

clutdav 05 December 2006 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by trails
surley its a done deal...the S203 is much more subtle ;)

You'd think so wouldn't you...............Mrs ain't having any of it at the moment..............:brickwall

Dave

trails 05 December 2006 10:10 AM

You'd think so wouldn't you...............Mrs ain't having any of it at the moment..............:brickwall

Dave

lol, there is still hope, it is Chrismas round the corner :D:D

clutdav 05 December 2006 10:12 AM

lol, there is still hope, it is Chrismas round the corner :D:D

We'll see...............don't think so though. :nono:

Dave

ScoobyLee 05 December 2006 02:02 PM

Looks Good :)

trails 05 December 2006 02:10 PM

Launch control is basically a static (below 10mph) rev limiter. You can set it up to what ever level you want (I have it set at 4.5k revs) and when the car is below 10mph it won't rev above your limit. So to do a fast start to basically put your foot flat on the floor - engine revs to set limit - and then you drop the clutch as quickly as you can. The engine won't rev over your set limit until you get above 10mph. This basically stops you over spinning the wheels on the takeoff and losing too much traction. Plus it means you can get full boost as soon as the car has traction therefore giving you consistently quick starts.

But I have to be honest - it just sounds sooooo ggggggooooooooooddddddddd! :eek2:

Dave

PS: That's the way I understand it anyway.....................

is it now an option on all TEK3's or does it have to be an sti9 or newer?

clutdav 05 December 2006 02:23 PM

is it now an option on all TEK3's or does it have to be an sti9 or newer?

I honestly don't know. All I know is that it's available for the STi9..............:wonder:

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I suggest you talk to whoever did your Tek3 remap to find out for definite.

Dave

JTaylor 05 December 2006 02:47 PM

The car is lowered on prodrive springs at the moment.

Dave

Keep it that way. Unless you go down the AST (or other quality coilover) route you'll shag the dynamics for the sake of aesthetics. Looks nice. :)

RMA26 05 December 2006 02:50 PM

I honestly don't know. All I know is that it's available for the STi9..............:wonder:

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I suggest you talk to whoever did your Tek3 remap to find out for definite.

Dave

RLE has a STI UK (STI8)

trails 05 December 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by RMA26
RLE has a STI UK (STI8)

thanks Dave will have to speak to Pat...who mapped your car btw?

RMA, do you know who mapped RLE's car?

Ian

clutdav 06 December 2006 08:42 AM

Ian

It is Russ at Wallace Performance that has been doing my mapping. He is very thorough and takes the time to go through everything with me. She made 332bhp and 318lbs.ft of torque on the last run we did. I would highly recommend him.

Dave

RMA26 06 December 2006 09:43 AM

Ian

YHPM Ian

trails 06 December 2006 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by RMA26
YHPM Ian

so I do, cheers Mark

RMA26 06 December 2006 10:11 AM

so I do, cheers Mark

Your Welcome:thumb: