ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   PICS OF MY NEW 06 STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/563477-pics-of-my-new-06-sti.html)

jakeob 03 December 2006 01:15 PM

who knows how to upload my scanned dyno sheet to this site???//

its in my documents at the moment

thannks

jakeob 03 December 2006 01:31 PM

06 sti dyno print out 413lbs torque

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...b_01/remap.jpg

cw42 03 December 2006 01:38 PM

Blimey! With just an exhaust as well! Cant wait to get my car on those rollers again in feb, should be kicking out around 500lbft now at least :D
Are you sure it's just got an exhaust and remap? What boost is that running? Bearing in mind you've now foobared your warrenty, have you budgeted for a new clutch?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...b_01/remap.jpg

V7C 03 December 2006 01:57 PM

Nice chunk of torque mate who mapped it for you?

jakeob 03 December 2006 01:59 PM

So are you saying the dyno is out ,,,what do i have to do, try every rolling road in the country and take an average, before i post any data???

Anyway its great fun and i love it, f'''k the clutch and the warrenty :)) as to boost i havent got a clue:D

DARKDESTROYER9 03 December 2006 02:35 PM

cool car and great figures off the rollers aswell

Multijfj 03 December 2006 03:07 PM

That car is so nice, it is absolutly stunning. Just made one before i saw these pics on need for speed carbon haha, im not sad ;)

love the superturismo's, my favourite alloys, I want them in white!

cw42 03 December 2006 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by jakeob
So are you saying the dyno is out ,,,what do i have to do, try every rolling road in the country and take an average, before i post any data???

Anyway its great fun and i love it, f'''k the clutch and the warrenty :)) as to boost i havent got a clue:D

Everyones dyno's show different readings. I had mine mapped originally at Powerstation:
http://fp.wilky42.f9.co.uk/CAR/GRAPH...20printout.JPG

which got me 331/292 which was actually down from figures off the previous owner :( But the car drove so much better and felt more powerful.
A few weeks later, I too was on the rollers at Prosport, and got 350/343 with no difference in the setup of the car whatsoever. Now, is Powerstation under reading, or Prosport over reading? I suspected the former, as other results on the day at Prosport had been close to results people had gained from other dynos. I've since heard that people now getting thier cars mapped at Powerstation are getting better figures, a better mapping session, or a tweak on the rollers perhaps, who knows :)
And frankly who cares about the figures, when the end result is as good as this. Just been out for a run today, Cat & Fiddle then Long Hill, and my car is just so damn fast! More than enough for me anyway :) (for now!)

Enjoy it, and get your name down for the dyno charity run in february when it comes along :D

Robocop 03 December 2006 06:41 PM

cw42

Any chance you can post your graph from the Prosport RR for a comparison?

cw42 03 December 2006 06:53 PM

Not really robocop, I never bothered to photograph or scan it, and then it got mounted in here;

http://www.scoobysmacs.co.uk/gallery..._and_photo.jpg
:)

Tone Loc 03 December 2006 09:27 PM

Remember you are comparing 2.0 to 2.5 torque here, the PPP gives the 2.5 316/332. I'd expect more torque for the same power on the 2.5, so at 360 bhp the 2.5 should have a good slug of torque, definately more than 330 of the PPP ;)

Even my lowly standard MY06 2.5 WRX PPP has just over 320 lb/ft.

Tony.

rocky17 03 December 2006 09:43 PM

Excellent lookin' car there.

cw42 03 December 2006 10:04 PM

Thanks for that Tony, I hadn't factured in the 2.5 litre of the 06! I'm still thinking of the 2 litre unit, doh! So, bloody good figures then non the less :thumb:

Wonder what Mr. Bulmer and Pete could do with mine? :D

moneys 03 December 2006 10:22 PM

That has to be the best lookin hawk eye i,ve seen the wheels really set it off. Come along to the smacs meet on thursday and show it off:thumb:

F1 CJE UK 03 December 2006 10:28 PM

hi mate cool car what Front lip spoiler is it and how much was it looks good

Thanks

jakeob 04 December 2006 05:35 PM

Hi mate ,,,i got it mail order from Litchfields £300 Inc vat and post but i think if you do a bit of searching theres other companies doing them for half that

Its listed as a lower lip spoiler

Abx 05 December 2006 10:45 AM

Try Scott Lowe, got mine from there a few months ago, much much cheaper and looks great.

Neil W 05 December 2006 12:39 PM

I have run my 06Sti PPP twice now on a Dyno Dynamics rollers and the results were pretty similar.

First time, it ran 305/318 on 97 RON fuel. Now have a deresonated centre section and Hayward & Scott back box and filled it up with V-Power and octane boost giving it an octane rating of approx 103. I reset the ECU and it ran 308 / 325 which was only a slight improvement but it held the power much higher through the rev range than the previous run and max torque was lower in the rev range.

mickaldo 05 December 2006 12:57 PM

To be honest i am not so sure about the handling yet, in comparison to my 02 sti this is abit tame, the steering is abit to light, and in general it doesnt feel as planted as the old car on 18" rims. Maybe it needs new shocks but i am spent up this month.

hi its mick from oulton the other week . My steering felt the same as yours before i had the intrax fitted and the geometry set by simpson motorsport if you do go for the coilovers i can fully recomend this company and there services. the car looks very nice but i bet those wheels are a ******* to clean.:thumb: :thumb:

jasonius 05 December 2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Remember you are comparing 2.0 to 2.5 torque here, the PPP gives the 2.5 316/332. I'd expect more torque for the same power on the 2.5, so at 360 bhp the 2.5 should have a good slug of torque, definitely more than 330 of the PPP ;)

Even my lowly standard MY06 2.5 WRX PPP has just over 320 lb/ft.

Tony.

So much for the chocolate WRX gearbox..!;)

Given that this is PPP (therefore warranty approved) you'd have to say that the later 5sp boxes must be stronger.
Any idea when they may have done this, 05> had some gearbox tweaks IIRC..???

I've been fishing on this one for a while as I'm interested to see if my 05 has one of these boxes (would help the 333ft-lb it's running..:D)

jakeob 05 December 2006 05:50 PM

Hi Mick,, how much did you pay for the intrax shockers??? i would probably get prosport to fit em becuase there closer to me

What were the ones you fitted first and took em off?? do you think it would make a big difference going for the anti lift, and whiteline antiroll bars as well?

thanks
neil

AFRIKANZ 05 December 2006 06:14 PM

Nice example of an amazing car :notworthy :notworthy

mickaldo 05 December 2006 06:35 PM

Hi Mick,, how much did you pay for the intrax shockers??? i would probably get prosport to fit em becuase there closer to me

What were the ones you fitted first and took em off?? do you think it would make a big difference going for the anti lift, and whiteline antiroll bars as well?

thanks
neil

ast's they were crap.mine has the alk and whiteline anti roll bars and they did make a difference. the intrax were £1100 plus vat and £200 for fitting and set up but that included fitting the ap's as well.i dont think Simpsons are overkeen on selling the struts seperately. They like to fit them and make sure the car is set up correctly but you could always give them a try. I wanted to do the same but took the plunge and drove down there and it was well worth the journey.

Mick

cw42 05 December 2006 08:25 PM

Jakeob, if you're thinking of whiteline alk, arb and uprated dl's, give us a shout and I can arrange a demo on mine. I've got the lot, but no uprated suspension yet. I was going to go ast's, but I'm beginning to hear rumblings of long term use problems. (only small ones, but rumblings none the less)

jakeob 05 December 2006 09:08 PM

i heard the AST's were crap also,, pete at Prosport told me a couple of weeks ago , a lad went there to have them taken off a new 06 sti.

My 02 sti had standard sti dampers and prodrive lowering springs and they worked great... but i have had prodrive springs put on this 06 sti amd it still feels crap (Waist of £500 quid) Its looking like a 2k bill for the complete handleing pack so i will leave it till the new year

mickaldo 05 December 2006 09:35 PM

neil if you live around the manchester area give me a pm with your number and you can try my car sometime after christmas see what you think . mick..

killa 05 December 2006 10:00 PM

nice looking car, tidy..

cw42 06 December 2006 06:23 AM

i heard the AST's were crap also,, pete at Prosport told me a couple of weeks ago , a lad went there to have them taken off a new 06 sti.

My 02 sti had standard sti dampers and prodrive lowering springs and they worked great... but i have had prodrive springs put on this 06 sti amd it still feels crap (Waist of £500 quid) Its looking like a 2k bill for the complete handleing pack so i will leave it till the new year

I wouldn't go so far as saying they were crap jakeob :) I'd still get some if I could afford them, and I've tried them on 2 mates cars similar to mine, and enjoyed the experience immensly :) I was thinking of getting springs for mine, but I like my compliant ride atm :D

slagmagnet69 06 December 2006 07:41 AM

Very nice fella - enjoy :D

MikeWood 06 December 2006 03:24 PM

Neil

When we ran our development 06STi on a Dyno Dynamics set-up we got similar results initially. We did however do quite a few runs as every time we ran it the power and torque increased. We gave up at 325bhp as we felt everything was getting too hot but it does demonstrate that the fixed correction factor applied with this sort of dyno can give misleading results.

We did run the car at Prosport as well, Richard seemed very impressed and the figures were quite a long way above the numbers we quote. ;)

Mike