ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Drunk in control of a car (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/557613-drunk-in-control-of-a-car.html)

jasey 11 November 2006 12:06 PM

Looks like your best bet if you find yourself **** faced & stranded with the keys to your car is to drive home.

:wonder:

vava voom 11 November 2006 12:14 PM

Does not matter, car was running and he was in it...he's fooked:(

j4ckos mate 11 November 2006 12:15 PM

these all sound like urban myths to me
my mates menighbours dog etc...

jasey 11 November 2006 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate

Surely they can't do a dog for being drunk in charge - FFS :D

Norman D. Landing 11 November 2006 12:24 PM

Would you still be 'drunk in charge' if you were just standing next to the car or do you have to open it?

What if you use the remote, put the keys on the floor then open the door? Are you still 'in charge'?

Sheesh !

wrx-ian 11 November 2006 12:34 PM

Ok what about the cars where you have a key card you keep in your pocket. In theroy you`d only need to be standing next to your car,the door would unlock and all you have to do is press a button to start it. Would that class as being in charge of a car???

logiclee 11 November 2006 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate

Nope, I fetched my uncle from the Police station after he had spent the night in the cells.

Cheers
Lee

Stainy 11 November 2006 01:36 PM

Each case it tested on it's merits (you can be done stood next to the car *IF* they can prove you intended to drive it) In this case, the matter will be dropped by CPS way before it gets to court (*IF* he really was sat in the passenger seat and the girlfriend was driving - if on the other hand, he'd "just slid over to the other seat to adjust the radio" he's fcuked :hjtwofing )

Jonno_johnson 11 November 2006 06:22 PM

Just a quick update, he spoke to a solcitor today, who sayings if it goes to court he could very well be banned, the solicitor also thinks that if the cps have any sense they will drop this before taking it to court.

He seemed more positive today after speaking to his solicitor, but it is going to take a few weeks before he hears back from the cps, ill let everyone know what happens as soon as he finds out and tells me.

Nick100 11 November 2006 09:52 PM

What is it all coming to !!
I thought many years ago (10+) you could be done for opening the drivers door if you were drunk, but if you wanted to get something out you were OK if you went to the back or passenger door - guess this may have changed.
Absolutely ridiculous though :(