ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is it just me of does Xmas suck? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/557220-is-it-just-me-of-does-xmas-suck.html)

Tripple'O G 09 November 2006 04:38 PM

Woah woah woah.....

Shouting the odd's and calling it names?
The thread title gave it away so you don't have to read it if you believe it's going to cause offence...

I hate Xmas....my point of view, my "choice" if you will....just nice to see i'm not the only one thats all.....

Xmas has gone far beyond faith and has settled firmly in the realms of profit and provado...:thumb:

Chip 09 November 2006 04:50 PM

Christmas is great especially when the kids are young. Watching their little faces light up when they open the pressies is brilliant.At least it was when they were younger;)

Chip

RMA26 09 November 2006 04:54 PM

Hate it, but I have good reason too

Paul3446 09 November 2006 05:04 PM

Love it, always have, loads of food, drink, no work, 3 year old son, what could be better? :thumb:

If you can't enjoy Christmas you've got problems!

Jamescsti 09 November 2006 05:06 PM

Xmas is great if you have young children, I don't and will be working xmas day and boxing day for double time instead, so atleast there is some benefit.

I hate new year even more though, i'll spend the first 6 weeks of the new year trying to get into the gym, past all the lazy gits who have made it their new years resolution to lose weight, and will be gone again by mid feb!

Lee247 09 November 2006 05:11 PM

I adore Chrstmas. The build up to it and the big day itself. Wonderful time of the year :) :)

Andy M3 09 November 2006 05:13 PM

I have kids, Christmas has a whole new meaning now. Never disliked it though. I either was out with the lads - or at a multiple of parties or abroad [at least half my life at christmas has been in the sun :cool::cool:]. Now i love it more than ever :)

AM3

richs2891 09 November 2006 05:15 PM

Not a fan of Xmas or New year - both complete rip off and a waste of time all IMHO.

Richard

MTayler 09 November 2006 09:14 PM

I normally find Xmas is a complete rip off time off year but also a time when I get 2 weeks of work and able to spend most of it down the pub, therefore not all bad :lol1: .

However this year will be different as on Xmas day me and the missus are off to Oz for 4 weeks, does'nt get better than that :D .

Apparition 09 November 2006 09:41 PM

Didn't cause offence Tripple O, Far from it. Each to their own....as this thread proves.
Yve ........BTW Enjoy it anyway !

AudiLover 09 November 2006 09:49 PM

xmas if fookin boring, unless your getting somethiung really expensive.

Leslie 10 November 2006 12:51 PM

My mother was Austrian and when my sister and I were children we used to have a continental style Christmas.

I can remember it so well now, it was sheer magic for the pair of us.

Les :)

Drunken Bungle Whore 10 November 2006 02:01 PM

Yawn

Christmas is just fine - but these threads every single year are as boring and predicable as ever!

:p

JPL 10 November 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Paul3446
Love it, always have, loads of food, drink, no work, 3 year old son, what could be better? :thumb:

If you can't enjoy Christmas you've got problems!

Absolutely :thumb:

6 year old son. Xmas is brilliant. I remember when he was 3 and we got him Buzz Lightyear, he was over the moon, then turned to us and said "But I didn't get to thank Father Christmas".

Priceless moment.

Oh, and I get to drink even more Stella!!:thumb: