ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen Impreza - MINE! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/555528-stolen-impreza-mine.html)

Wonder Wagon 02 November 2006 10:50 AM

Bubba, before you do buy your security for the next one, give us a shout ;)

tmo 02 November 2006 10:56 AM

Hope the pond life get fcuked and burnt

Bubba po 02 November 2006 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Wonder Wagon
Bubba, before you do buy your security for the next one, give us a shout ;)

Will do. :) I want a P1, I do. And a garage, and a runabout for w*rk. :)

MrRA 02 November 2006 11:02 AM

Fkkin scumbags.

Hope they get cancer!

Dirty, theiving low-life w@nkers.

Ste98Turbo 02 November 2006 11:07 AM

Sorry to here that mate will keep a look out around manchester/bolton area only 30-40 miles away so you never know

Best alarm ive ever had was on my cosworth it was a clifford with anti-high jack with prox sensor every time the car is started you have so long to type a code into a little panel or it cuts the car out sounds the alarm and wont respond to key or phob on tell said code is entered it also kicks in everytime a door is opened a bit of a pain at times but at least know one was taking my car even with the keys and with the prox sensor on know one could even get near it without me hearing them:thumb:

WHEELSHOP0_0 02 November 2006 11:12 AM

Snap off wheels or disclocks seem to be the easiest way of putting off the more determined scum.
Know this does not help now but thought I would mention it, this was the result of a previous thread on thefts.
Real bad news:( :( :(

Karl 227 02 November 2006 11:15 AM

Fkkin scumbags.

I hope they lose control of it in a bend and crash into their own parents, mamming all of them for life, except for the four year old niece of the scumbag who was driving, she will then have to care for them for the rest of their sorry days and clean their robbing arses, which won't be easy because in the crash both her arms will have been partially severed :mad:

Bubba po 02 November 2006 11:18 AM

Bless you, you've a good heart, Karl. :(

jjones 02 November 2006 11:19 AM

will probably be used as a get away/ram raid car. thats what happened to the parents stolen one.

Shark Man 02 November 2006 11:24 AM

As what everyone on scoobynet seems to say: Gutted

Not in a literal sense, as you well know that my intestinal tract is still intact within my belly. ;)

So, to put it properly: No matter what car it is, and how much I hate them. I hate the fact that some vermin-like scum is benefitting from your loss. I hope you get your car back, and I hope you will have the opertunity to tie the theif(ves) to a 4"x6" stake(s) and try out your new Makita drill on him/them. :mad:

MickWrx 02 November 2006 11:24 AM

Gutted for you mate.

quite nearly a year exactly when some scum tried to steal mine from simalar location. guess I was lucky, although it did not feel like it after the damaged caused.

will pass the details onto my van drivers, got 15 of them around west' north' south' yorks everyday

hope it works out well mate, back as good as new or not back at all.

Torpid 02 November 2006 11:25 AM

The problem is the insurance company will take the piss with the value if it is a total loss.

What are the chances of you finding a similar car for the pittance they'll pay?

I hope you've got a lot of receipts and similar to back up your case for a larger pay out.

Worse case scenario is going to be getting it back IMO, I wouldn't want my car back after it had been 'raped' by assholes like these.

Bubba po 02 November 2006 11:30 AM

To be honest, it's only worth five or six grand I'd have thought.

Torpid 02 November 2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
To be honest, it's only worth five or six grand I'd have thought.

It was worth far more than that to you though. I mean what sort of car are you going to get for that money?

Maybe if you're lucky you might find a decent one on here but I'd imagine this is going to involve you paying out a fair wedge just to get parity.

Bubba po 02 November 2006 11:37 AM

The car owes me nothing, it's been brilliant - but it did have a lot of miles on it and was getting a bit worn inside. We'll see, I'm not beyond adding a few grand to the insurance money for a minter. :)

Torpid 02 November 2006 11:41 AM

The car owes me nothing, it's been brilliant - but it did have a lot of miles on it and was getting a bit worn inside. We'll see, I'm not beyond adding a few grand to the insurance money for a minter. :)

Some good could out of this then. There are plenty of overpriced cars and desperate sellers on here. Wait till you've seen one that's been hanging around for a while then dive in with a cash offer. 7 or 8K should see you with one of the latest low mileage 'classics'.

Problem is going to be finding one that hasn't been 'improved' by some of the numpties on here. Mind you at least you can check their post history for boasts about street racing or 'wasting M3's'.

Shark Man 02 November 2006 11:43 AM

He could buy my "shed" :)

Not a wagon tho', so useless for LF's drum kit :(

powerman1 02 November 2006 11:45 AM

I had a SRi pinched a few years ago and never saw it again..took about 6 weeks before the first insurance offer came in rejected it and a new offer within the week which was very fair..all inall took about two months to get the cheque

andythejock01wrx 02 November 2006 12:30 PM

Bubs,

Sorry to hear that some w@nker lowlife is away with your prized possession
(no, not your wife !) .

If you need any insurance advice just ask - I'm a Claims Advisor.

Andy Mc

STi wanna Subaru 02 November 2006 12:35 PM

I hear webbyV7 has a P1 for sale ;)

Hope you get a decent replacement.

Scooby Snacks 23 02 November 2006 12:41 PM

I also hear Scoob99 has a "cheap" P1 for sale :lol1:

Sorry to hear abou the theft, fecking scumbags.

Bat-Fink 02 November 2006 12:43 PM

****!:eek2:

Sorry to hear that mate.:(

JTaylor 02 November 2006 01:13 PM

No way! You'll all take the piss because it's still tangoed and has no stickers on it:mad:

:lol1:

Elmer Fudpucker 02 November 2006 01:16 PM

Fat lot of use to you,but I echo Bat-Finks sentiments.

kind of gives you a kick up the arse when it happens to a well known member::(

Bat-Fink 02 November 2006 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Fat lot of use to you,but I echo Bat-Finks sentiments.

kind of gives you a kick up the arse when it happens to a well known member::(

Yeah that's what I mean most other thefts I don't pay to much attetion to to.

Tho each one is bloody terrible:(,when it's happens to someone so popular it's shocking.

JTaylor 02 November 2006 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Karl 227
Fkkin scumbags.

I hope they lose control of it in a bend and crash into their own parents, mamming all of them for life, except for the four year old niece of the scumbag who was driving, she will then have to care for them for the rest of their sorry days and clean their robbing arses, which won't be easy because in the crash both her arms will have been partially severed :mad:

:lol:

Ahem :o, so sorry to hear the news Bubba. My heart goes out to your family and loved ones at this difficult time :(. If there's anything I can do, anything, then just let me know.

Shop for Challenge 3.6V Screwdriver and 50 Accessories. at Argos.co.uk

I've popped this in the post for you. :)

sc00bylee 02 November 2006 01:37 PM

depends on the insurance company, ive had it both ways.

car stolen about 10 years ago, took 6 months for the insurance to pay up a decent price.

car hit in the side and written off, 5 days days to pay out.

hope its like the second one, you really have to keep on their back!

Bubba po 02 November 2006 01:37 PM

Charge time five to seven hours? Christ. :lol1:

Andy M3 02 November 2006 01:43 PM

Sorry to hear that.

Nicci 02 November 2006 01:45 PM

Sorry to read about your car.

I hope the insurance is sorted quickly, so you can move onto even better things :)