ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Lost - Season 2 Finale (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/546647-lost-season-2-finale.html)

RMA26 27 September 2006 09:27 AM

****e ending!

Leaves too many unanswered questions!

Specifically -

Why did the army guy who made Sayid torture his ‘mate’ join Dharma & end up on the Island?

Where were Eko & Locke at the end?

Why didn’t Sayid see the harbour bit (where Michael sailed off) from the Water?

Why did Desmond’s Ex get a phone call at the end? Is she aware of the Island

Why didn’t Hurley kick Michael’s arse? On discovering he killed Libby?

Shy Muppet 27 September 2006 09:37 AM

Hmmmmm http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...nfused0009.gif Just watched the last episode and I'm now blinking confused more then ever. What's going on????

StickyMicky 27 September 2006 09:38 AM

hurley is a soft git

i think desmonds ex has been tracking desmond for what ever reason, and now the mad magnet thing has blown up, the tracking signal has managed to get out there.

sayid was at the beach miles away from where the harbour bit was, due to michael taking them the wrong way.

i do belive there is a petition out there to stop locke being killed off, make of that what you will.

i thought the army bloke left the army as he was sick of sending people to be killed in war and fancied a change?

my questions, who the feck are these others :cuckoo:
when is kate going to get a cock up her ass, dont care who does it, but somebody needs to :D

RichWalk 27 September 2006 09:42 AM

Its a metaphor for the media driven socierty we live in as such the plot is irrelavent.......its 'outside in' view of the world simply reflects the aspects of modern life the media et al shape and dictate to.........

just my take on it btw:D

davegtt 27 September 2006 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
my questions, who the feck are these others :cuckoo:

I understand series 3 revolves around the others more than the original survives, I also understand that more survivors of the original plane crash are found :rolleyes:

RMA26 27 September 2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
my questions,

who the feck are these others :cuckoo: Feck knows? The Good guys according to Henry Gale - but why do they reside off the island? are there another set of 'others'
when is kate going to get a cock up her ass, dont care who does it, but somebody needs to :DApparently is Season 3 she chooses between Sawyer and Jack - maybe a 3some for us to watch? so she can make her decision, or maybe she turns lesbian, they find aload of dildo's & her, Sun & Clare have rubber dick sex?

Comments above

RMA26 27 September 2006 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt
I understand series 3 revolves around the others more than the original survives, I also understand that more survivors of the original plane crash are found :rolleyes:

Not that i know of mate, will do some surfing at some stage (wont post publically... dont worry)

Good & bad episodes last night

I'd give that Penny one!!

Penny's dad - wasn't he the old guy off neighbours years ago?:wonder:

Mrs WRX 27 September 2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by RMA26

Penny's dad - wasn't he the old guy off neighbours years ago?:wonder:

Yes he played Jim Robinson.

Thought the ending was OK, it did answer some questions (mainly what would happen if you didnt press the button), but started new ones. Glad Michael and Walt got reunited and sailed off to be rescued.

Didnt know the army bloke was the same one who Sayeed had dealings with :eek: missed that one.

RMA26 27 September 2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX
Yes he played Jim Robinson.

Thought the ending was OK, it did answer some questions (mainly what would happen if you didnt press the button), but started new ones. Glad Michael and Walt got reunited and sailed off to be rescued.

Didnt know the army bloke was the same one who Sayeed had dealings with :eek: missed that one.

Jim Robinson! thats the guy!!

Glad Michael has gone, but what was all that crazy **** about Walt?

The army guy was the one who made Sayid torture his mate to get details about the downed American pilot, he showed Sayid the video of his home town (or something) and told him that his mate was responsible for it

At the end of the episode, American guy dropped Sayid off and gave him dollars

King RA 27 September 2006 12:45 PM

- Season is split into 6 Episode followed by 16
- Strong hints about Libby's past being told
- Season Premiere on October 4th
- The captivity story [with Jack, Kate and Sawyer] will definitely be addressed in the Premiere
- Announcment next week on the 3 new Roles
- This season we will learn a lot more about the Others, their society and their history.
- There will be several new romances on the show this year
- Locke will be a very different person in Season 3
- Penny will be an important character for Season 3
- The interrelationship between the outside world and the island will be something that will be a part of Season 3.
- The monster and the polar bear will be back in Season 3
- The smoke creature and the monster are one and the Same
- Are Walt and Michael gone forever? Not necessarily
- JJ is going to cowrite the premiere with Damon

Luminous 27 September 2006 12:51 PM

Eurgh, I hate that show, it just fills me with frustration.

An episode starts, it looks like it may just be about to get interesting, so they then immediately go to some sort of flash back. Then, as the flash back is just starting to make some sort of sense they switch back to the present again.

Its all in tiny little pieces, with hardly any of them making any sense, and then something does happen that is interesting only for them not to show it to you now as its the end of episode cliff hangar. Whoever wrote that damn show is just determined to endlessly make you wait, only to let you down.

Kate is fit mind :)

RMA26 27 September 2006 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous
Kate is fit mind :)

One reason to watch, as she's not in anything else mate

King RA 27 September 2006 12:54 PM

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...600/kelvin.jpg

joey_turbo 27 September 2006 02:15 PM

I noticed that everyone on the island seems to be connected in some way.
For example, when Rose went to find a cure for her cancer, at the faith healers there was a note on the wall saying thanks. It was from John Locke.
Sawyer has met Jacks dad before.

I have noticed loads of other stuff, but can't remember.

Mrs WRX 27 September 2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
For example, when Rose went to find a cure for her cancer, at the faith healers there was a note on the wall saying thanks. It was from John Locke.

They do all seem to have a connection. Like Libby and Hurley being in the same hospitial. And Locke worked for a box company and when Hurley won the lottery he bought a box company! They are all connected but sometimes there is so many it is hard to remember them all.

RMA26 27 September 2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo

The healer guy Eko saw was also the guy who told Clare her baby had a "destiny"

RMA26 27 September 2006 02:30 PM

They do all seem to have a connection. Like Libby and Hurley being in the same hospitial. And Locke worked for a box company and when Hurley won the lottery he bought a box company! They are all connected but sometimes there is so many it is hard to remember them all.

Someone should keep a diary, or "family tree"

davegtt 27 September 2006 02:41 PM

Winikipedia or what ever the site is called lists them all doesnt it? There are ALOT, obviously the one your all missing is Jack knowing Desmond, Desmond knowing Libby, Libby knowing Hurley, Jacks dad knowing Sawyer and The latin gal who died etc etc

Luminous 27 September 2006 02:50 PM

Ok, another question that has been bugging me about this program....

....they all get stranded on this strange little island, an island so strange and remote that nobody can even start to think that they may actually be there. They have little food, it all gets rashoned......and no offence to the actor.....but how come Curly has not lost any weight!!??

davegtt 27 September 2006 02:52 PM

Because he looks after the food rations and has been helping himself, as proved in a previous episode ;)

Neverguess 27 September 2006 02:52 PM

Jeeze, you couldn't write this stuff, could ya :lol1:

RMA26 27 September 2006 03:06 PM

Winikipedia or what ever the site is called lists them all doesnt it? There are ALOT, obviously the one your all missing is Jack knowing Desmond, Desmond knowing Libby, Libby knowing Hurley, Jacks dad knowing Sawyer and The latin gal who died etc etc

Ana Lucia mate..........

Its all fcuked up anyways! roll on Season 3

RMA26 27 September 2006 03:07 PM

Because he looks after the food rations and has been helping himself, as proved in a previous episode ;)

And he's an obsessive compulsive eater.........

NeilT 27 September 2006 03:09 PM

Lost explained....?

if you follow any of the forums for Lost, there are a few theories which fit around the show so far, of which this is probably the best

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic2.php?t=15038

JJ Abrams hasnt commented on the above, unlike the 'they all died in the plane crash' theory which he denied.

Theres another site somewhere (which I cant remember) which lists all of the 'easter eggs' found on the show, which makes for interesting reading.

Personally, I think the shows gathering momentum (albeit slowly) and can't wait to get Bit Lord on Season 3 next week.

Neil

GazTheHat 27 September 2006 03:10 PM

Was having a smoke break and missed what the dude said the hurley when they were on the pier and how he got cut free.

Can somebody fill me in there please?

Did anybody notice that Desmond's accent was scottish when showing his past, but when he's on the island he sounds very much irish?!? :wonder: :confused:

RMA26 27 September 2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Was having a smoke break and missed what the dude said the hurley when they were on the pier and how he got cut free.

Can somebody fill me in there please?

Did anybody notice that Desmond's accent was scottish when showing his past, but when he's on the island he sounds very much irish?!? :wonder: :confused:

Hurley got told to go back to their people and tell them never to venture to that side of the island

Markus 27 September 2006 03:27 PM

Here is a partial list of the connections between the characters.

RMA26 27 September 2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Markus
Here is a partial list of the connections between the characters.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gregjd 27 September 2006 03:59 PM

I'm currently reading the "Third Policeman" book that is shown on the bookshelf in the hatch (spotted it at a village fair the other day for 30p :) ). Seems completely unrelated to the show but is similarly "out there". Only connection I can spot that may be relevant is that the narrator is already dead....???

King RA 27 September 2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by NeilT
if you follow any of the forums for Lost, there are a few theories which fit around the show so far, of which this is probably the best

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic2.php?t=15038

JJ Abrams hasnt commented on the above, unlike the 'they all died in the plane crash' theory which he denied.

Theres another site somewhere (which I cant remember) which lists all of the 'easter eggs' found on the show, which makes for interesting reading.

Personally, I think the shows gathering momentum (albeit slowly) and can't wait to get Bit Lord on Season 3 next week.

Neil

Wow, that is a brilliant explanation. How could you sit down and think of that.