ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   BEER/LAGER CONNOISSEURS (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/545818-beer-lager-connoisseurs.html)

STi wanna Subaru 06 October 2006 12:22 PM

I like cobra or nastro azzurro

r32 06 October 2006 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by COLZO
Just tried a very nice Chinese Lager. Its called HARBIN, came in a 600ml bottle, is 4.8% vol and is imported into the EU by Anheuser-Busch. It has a mild yet distinctive taste and certainly hits the spot. Due to our influx of Polish "friends" I`ve been given many types of Polish lager/beer and this got me into trying different brands rather than the usual Stella/Bud. Anyone else tried anything out of the ordinary? :)

It would have a distinctive taste, its made of wee, taken from prisoners (without their consent) after they've been executed

ChrisB 06 October 2006 12:51 PM

I went to the Nantwich Beer Festival last weekend, some cracking brews on offer. The only I'd heard of before was Brains so a great chance to sup some new stuff.

prodriva 06 October 2006 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by speye91
I agree with the above also try beer Singha better than Chang.

Yep, Singha gets my vote. when I was in Thailand (Koh Samui) in February, its all I drank.

Abdabz 06 October 2006 03:17 PM

Nastro is excellent as are the bottles of leffe blonde in my fridge for tonight :thumb:

Flat-Four 06 October 2006 08:27 PM

I had a spell in Malaysia for a couple of years and the finest beverage I must say is Tiger Beer. Beats all this europe crap hands down.:notworthy

Shark Man 06 October 2006 08:43 PM

Couple local brews which I like, not any of this mass porduced rubbish that you get in mainstream pubs:

Such as Enville and Bathams. Although the Enville white of late has been a bit "off", (too sickely) not sure if its a brewery problem or my dodgy local :confused:

A pub down the road has it's own microbrewery, and their Bitter and Ale is scrumptious. can't buy it in the shops, only on tap :thumb:

Can't beat a decent pint of Guinness though. But your hard pushed to find a pub that can pull a decent pint, most mainstream pubs just taste crap - must be the way they clean the lines (i.e never).

As for larger, well, not bothered as such, I generally buy whats on tap that isn't the likes of Carling, Stella or Grolsh - latter two don't "agree" with me. Don't mind Kronenburg, Corona, Becks, Cobra, Carlsberg export. But any lager is just lager to me...I'd rather save the money for my Single Malts ;)

PALATINE 06 October 2006 08:48 PM

does anyone know where I can buy Molson Dry from online?
I love the stuff but can't find it anywhere

falkster 06 October 2006 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
:notworthy got to be leffe

Only ever had that once when I wasnt p***ed and it was filthy!! Was much better after a few stellas though

Cobra
Kingfisher
Pilsner Urquel

richardg 07 October 2006 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Nastro is excellent as are the bottles of leffe blonde in my fridge for tonight :thumb:

can't believe it took 35 posts for leffe blond to appear on the list! lovely stuff :notworthy

GaryCat 07 October 2006 09:40 PM

What no Budvar?