ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SOME AMUSING VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM KNOCKHILL!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/545792-some-amusing-video-footage-from-knockhill.html)

speedyscoob 23 September 2006 05:00 PM

What a team of neddy kn@@s. It puts you off track days

Phil 23 September 2006 05:35 PM

Was this a track day ?

or was it actually a race?

Certainly any behavour like that on one of our days would have seen the black flag after one lap and sent home

555Rob555 23 September 2006 06:12 PM

If some Kn0b5 nudged me on a trackday, even if I was in a £50 sh1tbox, I would be fuming.
Driving like that, I'm amazed no-one got T-boned or rolled. No cage either!!

P1 SUB 23 September 2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
Was this a track day ?

or was it actually a race?

Certainly any behavour like that on one of our days would have seen the black flag after one lap and sent home

it was last weeks hot hatch day

Andy S. 23 September 2006 06:51 PM

Is that the standard of driving at the knockhill trackdays!!!

Scary especially the MX3 incident!!! also he nearly went into the back of the westfield

monkeyboy840 23 September 2006 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by speedyscoob
What a team of neddy kn@@s. It puts you off track days

feckin idiots shouldnt be allowed on a race track. Put them on a banger track and see how they fair. Thats where they should have been with that driving.

I know when I raced bangers they would probably have ended up as below

http://www.derbypro.com/DUgallery/pi...310802_007.jpg

Phil 23 September 2006 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Andy S.
Is that the standard of driving at the knockhill trackdays!!!

Scary especially the MX3 incident!!! also he nearly went into the back of the westfield

Not at ours ;)

mart360 23 September 2006 07:14 PM

what was the purpose of trying to swerve into the cones everytime he approached the righthand corner?

spoilt his vid i thought

Mart

StickyMicky 23 September 2006 07:21 PM

i think that was his "drifting" :lol1:

morpheus1870 23 September 2006 09:48 PM

That was fooking hilarious!!

thanks mate, that made me laugh!

DJ73 24 September 2006 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by SCD Simon
PMSL when they got a tap from the red 205 and called him a w@nker :D
They can dish it out but don't like the same treatment LOL

who did team gimp hit ?
they came close a few time's under braking and when they went off but can't remember them hitting anyone ??
seem's there were a few " giving it some " but you lot seem to single out team gimp for some reason ?

What's a track day for ?
Having a pottering sunday drive or a bit of racing either with yourself or with other car's :cuckoo:

Sticky Stuff 24 September 2006 09:59 AM

Personally, given that the majority of the cars on track looked to be cheap thrashabouts, I can't see too much wrong in what they were doing. Okay, the driving was a little overenthusiastic at times, but at least they were on track and not out on the streets. Just a bunch of folks having a laugh, though It'd have been more reassuring to see the car caged.

The course stewards were on the ball too, banning him for passing after the race.

As for the MX3, the guy was in the middle of a major tank-slapper when they passed him. I'd have stayed behind him until he'd either regained control or lost it completely, rather than trying to squeeze by not knowing what the outcome may be.

It's horses for course, a £50 ****ter in amongst others, or a bunch of Scoobs together. Just don't ever be tempted too mix the two.

BigAl024 24 September 2006 02:40 PM

This is hilarious. Purely because the guy is such a **** driver. This is why you dont see many scoobs on the track at hot hatch days.

Stephen Pope 24 September 2006 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigAl024
This is hilarious. Purely because the guy is such a **** driver. This is why you dont see many scoobs on the track at hot hatch days.

Believe it or not, there were about half a dozen on that day!!!

scooby_matt 24 September 2006 03:02 PM

Can't see too much wrong with. The guy in the Mazda didn't seem to care too much, so no harm done.

I want a go! :D

BigAl024 24 September 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
Believe it or not, there were about half a dozen on that day!!!

Braver folk than me!!!! or :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

andythejock01wrx 24 September 2006 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
Can't see too much wrong with. The guy in the Mazda didn't seem to care too much, so no harm done.

I want a go! :D

I want a go too !! Can I use yur car ?:norty:

RRH 25 September 2006 10:42 AM

I'm absolutely amazed !

Is this sort of stuff normal at Knockhill? The standard of driving (& not just the Cavalier that the camera is in) is appalling. It appears that some of this is "unofficial racing", the cars have team names on them & seem to be using Touring Car tactics to overtake. The producers of the video even refer to it as 'racing' or 'race days'. It even seems to be a regular event. I'm not impressed.

I wonder if Knockhill's owners have seen the video, & whether they condone it. I'm certain that the MSA would take a very dim view if it became known that a licenced race circuit was hosting "unofficial racing" like this.

I shall now get off my soap box, but IMHO this sort of behaviour bring the trackday industry in to serious disrepute.

Funny video though..... ;)

Dark 25 September 2006 11:06 AM

Footage from Knockhill !!

Originally Posted by RRH
I wonder if Knockhill's owners have seen the video

They have now !! ;)

Mark

tmo 25 September 2006 01:02 PM

have you seen the bloke in the van !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terryb 25 September 2006 02:07 PM

Apparently this is a very popular event at Knockhill. I remember reading in Circuit Driver that after BTCC this was the next biggest earner for KH. I suppose you take to the track at your own risk - I certainly wouldn't want to share a track in my Scooby with those cars - but if I had an old banger (with a rollcage), then I can see the appeal. :D

It shouldn't be regarded as a regular trackday, because it certainly isn't - and at 99% of trackdays you will not see that kind of behaviour.

TopBanana 25 September 2006 02:09 PM

What ****e driving!

GazTheHat 25 September 2006 02:12 PM

A normal night on the M8 :lol1:

Col 25 September 2006 09:57 PM

The drivers enjoy it ,the spectators enjoy it, you go on the track at your own risk. Get off your soap boxes !
Hot hatch days are always like this, have been for over 10 years.
Knockhill has Hot marques trackdays for people with proper sports car and these are very well behaved.

T5NYW 26 September 2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Col
The drivers enjoy it ,the spectators enjoy it, you go on the track at your own risk. Get off your soap boxes !

Agreed :D

I thought the one driver was doing quite well for this type of event ;) I wouldn't have wanted him or his car on a Trackday with me though ;)

I did a Trax2006 session and it was stopped due to a Pug gearbox throwing oil on the Track. So I went into mixed session :rolleyes:The total value of all the Cars on it was about the same as my T20. Anyway all the cars were very well behaved, amazing. One Car I was lapping nearly spoilt it, He saw me coming indicated right and moved left :mad: it nearly became a Twin engined Nova.

Tony

jono300 30 September 2006 09:50 PM

Wheres the video went, says removed because off something or other ??!!

anywhere else I can watch it and see what all the fuss is about ??

Playsatan 01 October 2006 08:58 AM

Having driven on Knockhill (SIDC trackdays) and spectated (Hot Hatch, Top Marques, RS Owners Club trackday) I have to say there is a world of difference between the driving standards and what the marshals will let you away with. The thing is everybody knows that before they go out.

The SIDC days are as safe an environment as a trackday can get. Mature drivers, well maintained cars and strict marshalling make for and enjoyable day. Racing is not allowed and anyone pulling death or glory late braking manoeuvres, overtaking on the wrong side or under a yellow are taken off the track for the rest of the day. You can even be removed for spinning if you make a habit of it.

Hot hatch day? Well, just about anything goes. The SIDC days have very restricted number so run with an open pit but hundreds of these muppets turn up on the HH days. They get 15 mins on track and then are waved off for the next bunch to have a turn. The queue into the paddock is massive and when you see what is in it you know exactly what to expect out on track. Don't get me wrong I've thought of trying it myself but not in my Subaru, a £50 stripped out shed would be the order of the day.

I bet they're having just as much fun as I do on track but for me the disposables are the fuel, tyres and the brake pads I go through, for them the car is the disposable item.

jayallen 01 October 2006 09:44 AM

looks like the video was removed:wonder: ,i watched another one with some guy racing a cavalier,their both giving it big licks down the straight then from nowhere a bright orange morris minor van does them both:eek2:

jono300 01 October 2006 09:49 PM

Oaky thanks mate if anyone here does find another link please do let me know.

cheers