ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Cage fighter extraordinaire (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/545737-cage-fighter-extraordinaire.html)

Gangsta Smurf 25 September 2006 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cornelius
I don't brag how hard I am simply because I'm not, and I can't stand people who "act hard" as you say, it's very boring and tedious. There is always someone better and "harder" (just to coin the phrase)

I'm a Roman Catholic, but there isn't any hard proof that there is a an almighty God, so I'm not religious, but I find Buddhism extremely interesting, and the amazing feats that the Shaolin Monks can do based on their beliefs is overwhelming.

So for me, the Thai way is a complete package, harmony, peace, discipline and self confidence. it's not about the ability for fight, I'd rather sort a problem out another way than to resort to physical violence. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, or maybe I'm finding my inner peace but whatever the reason, I'm not interested in fighting, be it street, or on an amateur level to see how good or bad I am. I do it on a spiritual level.

Have to agree that Swimming and playing squash is an easier and less painful way of getting fit, but there isn't many people about that do play squash, and I havent' played since I was in college

Agreed.

Lets not get into religion though ... as it's the single reason for every war and terrorist attack in this world, yet there is no proof that these gods even exist.

Cornelius 25 September 2006 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
Agreed.

Lets not get into religion though ... as it's the single reason for every war and terrorist attack in this world, yet there is no proof that these gods even exist.

Never a true-er word said, never argue about politics and religion

kilo_4que 25 September 2006 12:22 PM

OMG Vapid, what the hell is it with you man. Have you realised how bad you look by starting more threads dedicated to Tripple

Vapid 25 September 2006 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
OMG Vapid, what the hell is it with you man. Have you realised how bad you look by starting more threads dedicated to Tripple

The difference between me and cripple is that I'm a self admitted wind up merchant and forum troll. I don't have a reputation I'm trying to uphold and I don't give a flying fcuk what other users think of me.

Her at the back 25 September 2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vapid
I don't give a flying fcuk what other users think of me.

:lol: Thats good to hear

Andy-C 25 September 2006 01:35 PM

I'm not religious, but I find Buddhism extremely interesting, and the amazing feats that the Shaolin Monks can do based on their beliefs is overwhelming.

So for me, the Thai way is a complete package, harmony, peace, discipline and self confidence. it's not about the ability for fight, I'd rather sort a problem out another way than to resort to physical violence. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, or maybe I'm finding my inner peace but whatever the reason, I'm not interested in fighting, be it street, or on an amateur level to see how good or bad I am. I do it on a spiritual level.

:notworthy Respect to you my friend :notworthy

320bhp 25 September 2006 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
I would agree with you if I were in Thailand ... where this is not a sport it's a religion. However over here and in the states having a martial art belt is more an excuse to walk around with bloaty head syndrome bragging about how hard you are and how many people you can beat up. Both of which are :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

If you want to become fit start swimming and playing squash. These combined are the best work out you can give your body and you will achieve the desired results faster ... albeit with a slightly less overwhelming brag status

There are more reasons to take up a martial art, as paul said he dose it for fitness while i do it for taking part in compatitions. As for the brabbing and haveing belts as u put it, muay thai does not have a gradeing system like kickboxing karate or even judo.

kilo_4que 25 September 2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by 320bhp
There are more reasons to take up a martial art, as paul said he dose it for fitness while i do it for taking part in compatitions. As for the brabbing and haveing belts as u put it, muay thai does not have a gradeing system like kickboxing karate or even judo.

In actual fact there is grading. Insted of belts you get armbands.

I used to do Muay Thai but very few people would opt for grading

FLAT ERIC 25 September 2006 10:46 PM

Never a true-er word said, never argue about politics and religion

Dave Allen had the right idea.

"May your god go with you."

In my long & shady past I have dabbled in the Eastern arts but like Mr Miyagi all my belts do, is keep my pants up.

Mark ;)

Heard it all before 26 September 2006 10:43 AM

i know loads of people who do varous martial arts non of them are meat heads looking for a fight most are level headed relaxed guys why swim and play squash if you have found something you like to do? re religion have just tried to find a war where religion wasn't involved it wasn't hard Falklands but agree its usually down to religon

320bhp 27 September 2006 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
In actual fact there is grading. Insted of belts you get armbands.

I used to do Muay Thai but very few people would opt for grading

They are called krangalangs. Yeah some clubs tend to use gradeing systems, just to give the students something to gain, but as we are a fighting gym we dont bother.