ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Mis-shaped body panel on new Golf (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/541095-mis-shaped-body-panel-on-new-golf.html)

Andy M3 10 October 2006 10:35 PM

Good luck - :)

Scoobedoo 14 October 2006 07:46 PM

Here's the latest.

Letter went to the dealer.

They have responded and said that they are prepared to exchange the car for a replacement new one :) .

The only problem is with the options they have provided to me:

1) A car is available in two weeks has £400 worth of extras added - they would require me to pay this to have that one.

2) Would have to wait 3 months for the standard replacement.

To be honest I really want a replacement but aren't happy with the options.

What would you do?

Please bear in mind the dealer has shafted me around quite a bit and lied to me numerous times!

I'm tempted to continue to push for the refund.:confused:

stilover 14 October 2006 08:31 PM

If the extras are what you would want on your car, then I'd pay the £400 and get a new car. If it in a colour you could live with of course.

You have been d1cked about, but I think the dealer is offering you a fair deal. You could of course say you don't want those options and try for the car anyway, but most likely they'll say you'll have to wait the 3 months.

Pay the £400 and get a new car. Come service time they might offer you a free service for all the hassle.

Simon S3 14 October 2006 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by stilover
Pay the £400 and get a new car.

...Or try and split the difference, 200 quid and it`s all sorted. If you order the car and wait 3 months, would you be carless for the entire period?

I`d try to get it sorted sooner rather than later to be honest.

s70rjw 14 October 2006 09:55 PM

Apaliing service from VW. My last experience with them some 12 years ago was similar. My mate being charged £115 to change headlight bulb re iterated it all to me. The state of your new car and the dealer knocks the final nail on its head

Andygreer 14 October 2006 10:13 PM

my old golf had a shocking paint pinish was very very very very orange peel and i knwo it hadnt been painted either, not the whoel car any ways.

id pay the 400 and get a new one

jasonius 14 October 2006 10:14 PM

Give them the choice of a total refund or the car with the extras as a goodwill gesture (to "restore your faith of VW"..;)) at no extra cost. How much has this issue cost you so far (how many hours off work and fuel running back and forwards)..? Tell them you're a member of one of the big VW owners clubs/forums and that you'll post a bad report and loose them plenty of custom (far more than £400 worth)..!

If they won't budge let them think about it for 24hrs then offer to pay £200"to get an end to this nightmare" and part on good terms..?

FFS car dealers take the piss..! Any other goods and you'd expect, and rightly get, a refund/replacement without much hassle..!

At the end of the day, they've admitted liability so dig you heels in and don't get suckered into spending more money without a fight..!

Scoobedoo 15 October 2006 09:12 PM

ah, thanks guys for the replies.

I really want his issue sorted pronto but I don't want to have to spend any more money. After all, I went over budget to get this one (18k's worth!).

Would you want to wait 3 months for a new car - in the mean time driving round in a base spec Polo!

///\oo/\\\ 16 October 2006 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobedoo
ah, thanks guys for the replies.

I really want his issue sorted pronto but I don't want to have to spend any more money. After all, I went over budget to get this one (18k's worth!).

Would you want to wait 3 months for a new car - in the mean time driving round in a base spec Polo!

Mate - Ask them for the car with extras for no extra cost. Suggest that they can consider the £400 as compensation for all the grief and hassle and costs you have had to incur.

If they refuse, ask for a refund and tell them that you'll be going back to VW customer services and then the papers.

£400 is nothing to them to sort out a potential headache.

Once you've got the deal, check the replacement new car very carefully and find somewhere else to service it.

If they refuse and you are looking at a refund, consider going down to your local BMW dealer. There are some cracking deals to be had on the 1 series diesels just now with big discounts where there is no trade in.