ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   STi Figures with Andy F Mods (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/536648-sti-figures-with-andy-f-mods.html)

RLE 16 August 2006 10:57 PM

JB

I too have the AndyF 18G (plus remap) on my 53 plate sti and thought I'd see what boost figures were running through on my way home tonight.

3rd gear rarely saw in excess of 1.38 (in fact max was 1.38)
4th - 1.46 - 1.52
5th / 6th - targeted 1.55

Think I am using some poor petrol though (or the mrs has forgot to add Octane Booster on the last fill up) as it did feel quite sluggish in 3rd today. No knock activity on the KL but we'll see......was quite humid in my neck of the woods though (and I'm on standard sti TMIC)

Figures were retrieved via PSI Data Monitor so expect them to be very accurate.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at rest a little

Rob

Jacey Boy 17 August 2006 12:28 PM

Hmmm thanks for that, it does indeed make me wonder if thats the way it should be, and that the ecu is clever and retards it in summer, as in march when I got the car it was hitting 1.50 nicely:wonder:

Jacey Boy 17 August 2006 02:06 PM

By the way, should I be adding octane booster to Optimax?:wonder:

marklemac 17 August 2006 02:16 PM

no Jase, you shouldn't need any booster in there...

Jacey Boy 17 August 2006 02:31 PM

Ah good:notworthy

Bob Rawle 17 August 2006 10:40 PM

"By the way, should I be adding octane booster to Optimax"

no need these days ...... :thumb:

cheers

bob

Jacey Boy 18 August 2006 08:37 AM

Thanks Bob, when are you next down Dorset way?, I could get you to check it out:luxhello: :wonder:

Bob Rawle 18 August 2006 09:12 PM

Promised Andy that I would take the Sti5 down and run it on the rollers as a sort of "callibrator", think he's on hols at the mo but when he gets back will be sorting something out.

bob

Jacey Boy 19 August 2006 07:35 AM

Ok Bob, if you could just give me a pm as to when it will be I will meet you there:thumb:

Bob Rawle 19 August 2006 07:54 PM

will do, no probs

bob

Jacey Boy 16 October 2006 08:28 PM

As promised, the power graph from the RR at Triton (310.6BHP)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...Boy/310BHP.jpg

and dyno before andy f mods!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JaceyBoy/344.jpg

What do you guys think?:idea:

marklemac 16 October 2006 08:39 PM

Here's a question.

Why do WRC run their tyre pressures at 40psi, and Triton at 50psi ?

Jacey Boy 16 October 2006 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by marklemac
Here's a question.

Why do WRC run their tyre pressures at 40psi, and Triton at 50psi ?

also why do Triton run 3rd gear and WRC 4th?

Andy.F 16 October 2006 10:43 PM

Did you ever get a chance to run it on another set of rollers Jace ?

A decent set up will give you a boost and AFR trace which will help to pinpoint any faults/leaks etc.

Andy

Bob Rawle 16 October 2006 10:46 PM

Should be 4th, you get not much load impedance on in third, G-Force used to do this untill I spent some time up there, now they run everything in 4th and have the errors in the speedo and rev counter on the radar as well. Also they only run a car when the intake temp (or under bonnet) is within 3 degrees of the external ambient.

Most DD facillities use 40 psi, 50 is a touch OTT, almost beyond the tyre's operating point, can't help the figures though (could cause slippage)

The two runs were done with different callibrations btw, look at TN.

Jacey I am down there on Nov 5th now, any good to you ?

bob

Bob Rawle 16 October 2006 10:50 PM

Andy posted at the same time, if Jacey can make it I'll see whats up, not with the car I mean possibly the rollers, his isn't the first car I've seen with lower than expected figs. The setup is still pretty new. They do generate boost and afr plots to go with this but don't always hand them out I guess.

let you know

cheers

bob

Scott.T 17 October 2006 08:29 AM

They need to sort out their scaling too. What's the point of plotting from 800rpm, other then to provide room for company logo's ;)

Peak toque is about 1000rpm later too...probably due to the lower boost & slower spool in 3rd gear.

Jacey Boy 17 October 2006 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Andy.F
Did you ever get a chance to run it on another set of rollers Jace ?

A decent set up will give you a boost and AFR trace which will help to pinpoint any faults/leaks etc.

Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy, no I didnt get a chance to do another run, but I will do another one at Triton as I said I wasnt happy with a 3rd gear run and that I had been told it should be always done in 4th gear with a 6 speed box:)

I have also been waiting for the temps to come down as this was back in July, quite a warm day, about 26oc from memory;)

Car seems to be boosting to 1.5 bar this morning, as temps have come down over the past few days

Jacey Boy 17 October 2006 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Rawle
Jacey I am down there on Nov 5th now, any good to you ?

bob

Yep that would be good Bob, are you down there allday?

I will try and book in with Triton for that free run:thumb:

Jacey Boy 17 October 2006 11:33 AM

I just looked at my diary, November the 5th is a sunday!

scooby-tc 17 October 2006 06:38 PM

I just dug my Triton RR dyno out and mine was well below what was expected also running 50psi tyres and in 3rd Gear.Car holds boost much better in 4th gear i find as it only makes 1.2 in 3rd rising to 1.45 in 4th :wonder:

marklemac 17 October 2006 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jacey Boy
I just looked at my diary, November the 5th is a sunday!

Yes, Bob will be there on the Sunday. Its all booked.

Jacey Boy 17 October 2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
I just dug my Triton RR dyno out and mine was well below what was expected also running 50psi tyres and in 3rd Gear.Car holds boost much better in 4th gear i find as it only makes 1.2 in 3rd rising to 1.45 in 4th :wonder:

I think Bob is setting up there rr plus showing them how to use it properly, if I can get mine booked in on the 5th then we will see if it shows a difference:luxhello:

scooby-tc 17 October 2006 07:23 PM

I might come down for a nosey on the 5th then will be interesting to compare a properly set up RR with the current colder weather

marklemac 17 October 2006 07:33 PM

Bob is there first and foremost to remap a customers car.

Jacey Boy 17 October 2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by marklemac
Bob is there first and foremost to remap a customers car.

Yep he is, it isnt an open house unfortunatley:(

Bob Rawle 17 October 2006 10:49 PM

To clarify things here, I am going to be there specifically to remap two cars, Triton are not afaik "open" as such, as far as the rolllers are concerned then I am not "setting up" anything but will be offering the experinces I went through with other DD rollers which helped with matching dyno conditions closer to road conditions, but Triton are their own masters so to speak. One of the cars I am re-mapping is a significantly modified Sti7 Wagon and roller set up needs to looked at to make sure the car doesn't get into trouble, more power equals more sensitive to small variations in settings. This car has been steadily improving over the last couple of years and is coming close to its max being a standard engine.

Jacey I am happy to help with checks etc for you as per my pm.

cheers all

bob

Jacey Boy 02 November 2006 10:45 AM

Cars flying now, temps have come down somewhat:luxhello:

1.5 bar now even in 2nd which before was 1.3

Bring on sunday:thumb:

Jacey Boy 06 November 2006 05:58 PM

This is what it made yesterday at Triton again, seems the boost is tailing off far too early, I need to see what it does on the road, should hold 1.3 bar at 7500rpm and its tailing off to 1.1 at 4800 on the rollers!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...oy/LWF0001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...oy/LWF0000.jpg