ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scum! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/520003-scum.html)

Summers 02 June 2006 05:40 PM

Cheers for all the replys guys. Feeling better now, but still are little F**kers for trying it.

scoobfan 02 June 2006 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by [Davey]
You have to also realise that 99% of thieves are opportunists and will bugger off as soon as they realise there are no keys to be found easily. Is it worth jeopardising your insurance over that 1% chance?

Opportunists don't kick down your front door mate:Whatever_

They come ready and tooled up for the job.

Rob

pimmo2000 02 June 2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by scoobfan
Opportunists don't kick down your front door mate:Whatever_

They come ready and tooled up for the job.

Rob

:wonder: hang on, your a bit mixed up here!
The opportunist is the scallie walking past who thinks hey hang on thats a nice scooby, kicks the door in and robs the keys.

scoobfan 02 June 2006 07:31 PM

An opportunist is someone who acts on the spur of the moment.

These guys case your premesis first, may have followed you in their car to see where you live and then return with some heavy mates all tooled up.

I deal with this crap for a living, trust me ;)

Rob

suffolkdar 02 June 2006 07:45 PM

Just a thought, My father in law was broken into a few months ago and they wrecked his house,He was stupid enough to say he was gonna sleep with his shotgun under his bed!, The coppers took offence to this and read him the riot act,However he was told buy the senior copper there that he should buy a catapult of the blackwidow type which he use against intruders!, he was told they classed as a none lethal weapon(unlike shotguns,air rifles!and knives)So you have much less chance of being prosicuted if you use one to protect your property, Needless to say i have one under my bed! (only for shooting rats!)

scoobfan 02 June 2006 07:48 PM

Any firearm must be kept in a locked gun cabinet, thats the law.

Put the gun cabinet in your bedroom;)

Rob

pimmo2000 02 June 2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by scoobfan
An opportunist is someone who acts on the spur of the moment.

These guys case your premesis first, may have followed you in their car to see where you live and then return with some heavy mates all tooled up.

I deal with this crap for a living, trust me ;)

Rob

:lol1:
Ah No mate, you said
"Opportunists don't kick down your front door mate
They come ready and tooled up for the job."

Which I assumed you meant opportunists come tooled up !:lol:

superstar1 02 June 2006 08:28 PM

Best thing to do is if you've got a garage, move out all your crap and park your pride and joy in there every night so it's not on display.
I think if i had to rely on parking my car on the street at night i certainly would'nt bother owning a Scooby.
All this bravado talk such as owning a shotgun and a big **** machine will just land you in jail because the law is geared in favour of the crims.
The serial offender will just get a slap on the wrist, but the honest hard working mortgage paying Joe Soap will get sent down for trying to protect his property.
The police are scared ****less of the crims because they are just social workers who pray on the honest motorist to get their crimes solved figures up and they stay well clear of the career crims who have nothing to loose and don't give a ****. And to further complicate things, criminals from overseas are scrambling to get over hear posing as assylum seakers just to get their sticky fingers into that big cake which is car crime, drugs, prostitution credit card fraud and the like.
So folks, you and i don't stand a chance, like they say on crime watch, don't worry these incidents are very rare. BUT WHEN THEY HAPPEN THEY HAPPEN TO YOU!

simpsons ! 02 June 2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
Just a thought, My father in law was broken into a few months ago and they wrecked his house,He was stupid enough to say he was gonna sleep with his shotgun under his bed!, The coppers took offence to this and read him the riot act,However he was told buy the senior copper there that he should buy a catapult of the blackwidow type which he use against intruders!, he was told they classed as a none lethal weapon(unlike shotguns,air rifles!and knives)So you have much less chance of being prosicuted if you use one to protect your property, Needless to say i have one under my bed! (only for shooting rats!)

I have a better one ! Once talking to a Chief Inspector (a family friend) And the conversation came up about burgalry and i said they would never walk again if they came into my house as the they would be shot in the knees ! All went quiet for a few seconds and then CI spoke. 'that would be your first mistake allowing him to sit in the dock in a chair and tell how you knee capped him when he was confronted, what you should do is shoot him in the back after confronting in your house and he runs away, But make sure he has come at you with a knife and have the injuries to prove it !'

This is not bullsh!t and was said by a CI, Luckily never been in that postion.

white 02 June 2006 09:34 PM

Dirty fcuking theiving c8nts!!!

Every car thief should have his knee caps broken.

I'm just so thankful I live in a really quiet area where you can leave the garage door open all day and nothing will disappear.

jamesbWRXRA 02 June 2006 09:42 PM

We spend all our hard earned money on our cars just for scum sucking pond life to try and f**king steal them .When these wa*kers are caught they should get their f**king hands chopped off and then sent back to show their scum mates to see if they want to carry on stealing.

Sorry about my rant but this really annoys me .You spend all your money on a nice car and then worry that some tw*t will take while ur sleeping.

Rant over lol:)