ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Exit from Scooby shootout -:( (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/518352-esc-exit-from-scooby-shootout.html)

Milamber 27 May 2006 11:42 AM

I've never known an ESC meet get out of hand like they are suggesting. Lets not forget the monthly posers cruise is carried out at roughly HALF the national speed limit.

Her at the back 27 May 2006 11:53 AM

Couldn't have been us or they would have said colour of car not what we where wearing :D

wbm3 27 May 2006 02:02 PM

:lol:

Cornelius 27 May 2006 04:09 PM

Apparently, the culprits were driving a blue subaru with gold wheels;):D

scoobynut555 27 May 2006 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius

Ahh that explains it as that colour is the fastest :Whatever_

cookstar 27 May 2006 05:02 PM

:Suspiciou

Tiny 27 May 2006 05:03 PM

:Suspiciou

cookstar 27 May 2006 05:05 PM

:lol1:

Cornelius 27 May 2006 05:06 PM

On a positive note, I received this Email from Shaun:

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks for all your support on the day and apologies for not getting around to speak to you all...... it was a bit hectic!!!

From what we saw, the Subaru area was a sight to behold and we believe we had over 600 Subaru's parked up (which you guys contributed to)!!! :-)

The event was a major success (apart from the weather lol), and we are already planning for a bigger and better event next year.

Once again, thanks for your support and hope to see you all next year!!

Regards,
ScoobyNet and TOTB

cookstar 27 May 2006 05:09 PM

On a positive note, I received this Email from Shaun:

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks for all your support on the day and apologies for not getting around to speak to you all...... it was a bit hectic!!!

From what we saw, the Subaru area was a sight to behold and we believe we had over 600 Subaru's parked up (which you guys contributed to)!!! :-)

The event was a major success (apart from the weather lol), and we are already planning for a bigger and better event next year.

Once again, thanks for your support and hope to see you all next year!!

Regards,
ScoobyNet and TOTB

Hes just kissing butt now everyone has forked out for their ESC badge :D

Spec'c'57 27 May 2006 07:24 PM

:Suspiciou will make the spec'c' quieter for next year... ;)

Mrs spec'c'57 27 May 2006 07:43 PM

I just wanted to say that most of our pink shirts were covered up as we were so cold, maybe we should keep the coloured shirts to the ESC and not anyone that wants them...At the moment anyone can have a pink shirt and then if they drive like an idiot we get put to blame..... :(

corradoboy 27 May 2006 08:50 PM

The local residents, of which there are about 3 :rolleyes: have a moan after every single event at Elvington. I was at a trackday there last year where I got a ride in a 360CS :notworthy but the guy was under instruction not to use even half power for over 1/3 of the lap because the local council had noise abaitment tw@ts in the woods taking measurements and making complaints regularly. FFS, these people need to realise that this is a working airport which still holds an annual air-show (I think :wonder: ). How would they feel if it went back into full service ? I think a good idea for future events would be for some unofficial representetives to follow the council snitches through the woods polluting their attempts at recording sound levels ;) Several 6-11 year olds would be perfect :D I genuinely think that ESC were picked out simply because the pink gave them something to latch onto, and someone would have got the blame no matter what, even though there is no blame to be got. I must say however that the flaming exhibition did go on a tad longer than necessary, especially for the person in the white car with pink STi graphics whose attempts went unanswered for what seemed like 3/4 of an hour. 10/10 for persistence though.

Spec'c'57 27 May 2006 10:45 PM

:wonder: no-one there with pink STI grafix with the ESC @SSO.... :wonder:

corradoboy 27 May 2006 11:00 PM

My memory isn't good, but they were beside Tiny.

Mrs spec'c'57 27 May 2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy

You mean the White Spec C with the Grey and pink graphics, that would of been myself i think the 3/4 hour is a slight exaggeration it was more about 10 mins tops, there were actually 3 cars within the ESC flaming, the car is very loud anyway and it may of been running for 45 mins as i was wet and cold and trying to warm up but it most definitely was not trying to flame for that amount of time ......

Her at the back 28 May 2006 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs spec'c'57
You mean the White Spec C with the Grey and pink graphics, that would of been myself i think the 3/4 hour is a slight exaggeration it was more about 10 mins tops, there were actually 3 cars within the ESC flaming, the car is very loud anyway and it may of been running for 45 mins as i was wet and cold and trying to warm up but it most definitely was not trying to flame for that amount of time ......

3/4 of an hour :confused: would the Spec C not ran out of fuel :wonder:

Spec'c'57 28 May 2006 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Her at the back
3/4 of an hour :confused: would the Spec C not ran out of fuel :wonder:

:lol: most defo......

V1CK1 29 May 2006 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy

Your time keeping is obviously as bad as your memory, 45 mins, i dont think so, lol

Vicki :D

Adidas 29 May 2006 06:19 PM

I've got to echo the sentiments above. I have never seen truly bad driving by anyone, sometimes 'spirited', but never bad. It wouldn't be worth my while/job to get involved in anything like that.

Next year, I suggest someone walk at the front of the convoy with a big red flag. I'd think that anyone over 5ft 3 should do it, therefore banning Supercue :D :D :D

cookstar 29 May 2006 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas
I've got to echo the sentiments above. I have never seen truly bad driving by anyone, sometimes 'spirited', but never bad. It wouldn't be worth my while/job to get involved in anything like that.

Next year, I suggest someone walk at the front of the convoy with a big red flag. I'd think that anyone over 5ft 3 should do it, therefore banning Supercue :D :D :D

;)

baz69birds 04 June 2006 08:06 PM

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Was told about this thread, on my HONEYMOON..
Have we had a time of this NOISE!!

as we did leave EARLY!! & it was RAINING & we DIDNT know where we was going, & there is no way on earth that the ESC BUFTY BOYS would risk crashing there car through a hedge.?

Sorry i couldnt really see the car in front some times :(
Baz :(

sorry if this had been laid to rest :(