ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   310Bhp WRX vs STI PPP ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513160-310bhp-wrx-vs-sti-ppp.html)

Varboy 05 May 2006 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
So, Having a saloon car or coupe with big wide wheels, a body kit and a huge spoiler that has a reputation as being "very fast" that is no quicker off a roundabout than an estate car burning dirty oil with pram wheels, 3 dogs in the boot, 4 kids and some posh tart wearing a scarf is good or cool? i think not. it makes the impreza look like a piece of ****! And there are lots of people reading this that know it's true, but will never say!:norty:

yawn, here we go again

Neilo 05 May 2006 09:59 PM

i think youll find the wheels on the A4 2.5 tdi are wider than the ones on my car anyway ;)

suffolkdar 05 May 2006 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
why are you here if you hate imprezas so much?

it doesnt make any car look ****, any car can be tuned mate....get used to it.

Just jumping on the scoobynet band wagon.....

I might have one but i hate them, they are crap, they break down alot they are slow they look **** and are driven by chavs
Just getting with the scoobynet community.......

Neilo 05 May 2006 10:03 PM

riiiiiiiight, you obviously think all your purchases through thoroughly then......

not everyone of SN feels the need to bash everyone elses choice of car :)

Varboy 05 May 2006 10:07 PM

I might have one but i hate them, they are crap, they break down alot they are slow they look **** and are driven by chavs

???why sit on here wasting your time slagging off your crap car to us who think they are actually quite good. I'm sure there's an A4 forum somewhere that you can share your passion of chipped oil burners with some sales rep called Brian from Cleethorpes.

Seriously, we know your opinion now, thanks

anthscooby01 05 May 2006 10:16 PM

sorry but no way an A4 2.5TDI can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds!! They may well catch u off boost but cannot pull 4.62 sec 0-60 runs unless u stick nitrous on!! They are quick but I have not had any 'scares' off any! Its also FWD so coming off a roundabout they understeer like hell. As to original question a 310bhp WRX should leave an STI PPP though not by much. As above STI is heavier but close ratio box helps. Even the WRX PPP is quite quick though none have stayed with my STI PPP. Having owned both I would say most fun would be STI PPP as when it comes on boost it never fails to make me grin. And gearbox is so much better. Handling wise I preferred the WRX which seemed to grip so much better. STI is very tail happy and easily provoked into oversteer. Overall get an STI!!!!

Neilo 05 May 2006 10:20 PM

i think most of the 2.5s are quattro IIRC, so they do handle ok.

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 10:24 PM

my thread was about WRX vs STI ?? not subarus Vs Audis ?:lol: :lol:

Scoobies dont look ****.. turbo diesels with black smokes coming out of the exhaust are worst :D

oh.. and if you do service your subaru well enough i doubt it will break down ;)

anthscooby01 05 May 2006 10:27 PM

Just going by one my mate owns. Handling on it is that of heavy saloon FWD car. Quattro versions may well be lots better but no way on earth that they gonna outgun a Scoob. Repect that they are a great diesel car but I have not seen any winning rallies lately....

Gutmann pug 05 May 2006 10:30 PM

STi would also be a standard ppp car whereas the WRX is at the top of its safe tuning range IMHO

anthscooby01 05 May 2006 10:31 PM

As above mate. STI is totally different car IMO. If its the quickest car ur after go for the 310bhp WRX. If its the full on driving experience get the STI which I find much more entertaining than my WRX.

Originally Posted by ~DrEaM~
my thread was about WRX vs STI ?? not subarus Vs Audis ?:lol: :lol:

Scoobies dont look ****.. turbo diesels with black smokes coming out of the exhaust are worst :D

oh.. and if you do service your subaru well enough i doubt it will break down ;)

anthscooby01 05 May 2006 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
STi would also be a standard ppp car whereas the WRX is at the top of its safe tuning range IMHO

Exactly. I would not want to take WRX much higher than 310bhp as it must be pushing limits. STI is much stronger (85% different engine according to Subaru) and drivetrain able to cope with lots more

geesta 05 May 2006 10:34 PM

If ever a diesel kept up with my wrx classic I'd sell it.

:D

Spirit 05 May 2006 10:36 PM

So, Having a saloon car or coupe with big wide wheels, a body kit and a huge spoiler that has a reputation as being "very fast" that is no quicker off a roundabout than an estate car burning dirty oil with pram wheels, 3 dogs in the boot, 4 kids and some posh tart wearing a scarf is good or cool? i think not. it makes the impreza look like a piece of ****! And there are lots of people reading this that know it's true, but will never say!:norty:

:lol1: I want some of what he's taking :D

If an A4 2.5tdi is keeping up with an STi then the STi driver is not using the right gears. The A4 does 0-60 in 6.8s as standard which is certainly very good for a diseasel, and a chip may well improve that but it certainly does not mean the A4 will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

The A4 is a good car and performs very well for a diesel, but I don't quite understand why you are making such a big point about it having relatively good performance in comparison to an impreza. They are two very different cars and people will buy both based on their own tastes and requirements.

If you don't like the impreza that's fine, everyone has their own tastes, but if you're going to make pointless posts slagging it off you might as well fcuk off to another forum where people might actually care what you have to say ;)

Gutmann pug 05 May 2006 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by geesta
If ever a diesel kept up with my wrx classic I'd sell it.

Come down to Bedford or some such place and i'll have a crack in my 420SLi if you like :D

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug

'

the wrx has the following mods.:

ported VF34
ported headers + uppipe both wraped
prodrive sports cat
prodrive cat replacement
3'' cat back
STI 8 intercooler
STI 8 pink injectors
Green panel filter
ECUTEK3 with 310/300 @ standard boost
AP 6 pots
adj suspension

with this spec how will it do against a STI PPP ?

Neilo 05 May 2006 11:33 PM

define standard boost? i find it hard to think youd get anywhere near 310 with 0.95 bar ;)

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
define standard boost? i find it hard to think youd get anywhere near 310 with 0.95 bar ;)

what i mean standard boost is 1.2bar :D

Gutmann pug 06 May 2006 09:25 AM

'

ported VF34
prodrive sports cat
prodrive cat replacement
3'' cat back
STI 8 intercooler
STI 8 pink injectors
Green panel filter
AP 6 pots
adj suspension

How would I know and who cares? ........ Both cars similar power, one slightly lighter than the other, both dependant on who plants their right foot first and how good the gear changes are ........At the end of the day one you can take to your local Subaru / Audi / Proton / VW dealer and sell, the other you cant......

Gary

Lee_1075 06 May 2006 10:00 AM

You have never had the pleasure of an audi A4 2.5TDI keeping up with your sti ppp off roundabouts upto 120mph? Dont forget these cars when chipped a very very fast.........

:cuckoo:

What planet are you from? the new Audi A4 2.5 tdi Quattro has only 127 kW or 170 HP @ 4000 rpm and isnt exactly a lightweight: 1,590 kg.
Top speed: 221.0 km/h (137.3 mph)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 8.4 seconds
Power/weight ratio: 0.1082 PS/kg

These cars are on every corner around here, straight line, traffic lights, AB, or Twisties these cars wont have a chance against any Turbo Scooby. Even chipped, like my Brother in laws its still slow (ok its quick for a diesel). Put your brain into gear before posting.

Castrol 06 May 2006 10:59 AM

there are many vw/audi(to name but a few!) group turbo diesels that will make most scoobys look **** in a straight line..........
Every now and again, someone says that, but I've never come across one of these mythical VAG diesels on the road.

As for A4 2.5TDis keeping up with STis. The one I came across on the way to York a fortnight ago, couldn't keep up with my Hirsch Stage 1 Saab 9-5 Estate (with auto box)... :lol1:

New_scooby_04 06 May 2006 11:22 AM

'

ported VF34
prodrive sports cat
prodrive cat replacement
3'' cat back
STI 8 intercooler
STI 8 pink injectors
Green panel filter
AP 6 pots
adj suspension

It'll win :D

BTW lets all just say that the Scooby is ****, not fast unreliable can be outdragged by a Morris Minor and that we're very stupid to have spent so much on them etc... and then maybe all the trolls will leave. :lol1:

Ns04

suffolkdar 06 May 2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lee_1075
:cuckoo:

What planet are you from? the new Audi A4 2.5 tdi Quattro has only 127 kW or 170 HP @ 4000 rpm and isnt exactly a lightweight: 1,590 kg.
Top speed: 221.0 km/h (137.3 mph)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 8.4 seconds
Power/weight ratio: 0.1082 PS/kg

These cars are on every corner around here, straight line, traffic lights, AB, or Twisties these cars wont have a chance against any Turbo Scooby. Even chipped, like my Brother in laws its still slow (ok its quick for a diesel). Put your brain into gear before posting.

Right you dickheads!
It seems quite clear that none of you have ever come across a chipped 2.5 vw/audi TDI with over 220 bhp and enougth torque to pull tree stumps!, coupled with very good handling and huge tyres they will make you look stupid!
Or may be the diesel is better than optimax around here............:confused:

54Roadster 06 May 2006 08:24 PM

Right you dickheads!
It seems quite clear that none of you have ever come across a chipped 2.5 vw/audi TDI with over 220 bhp and enougth torque to pull tree stumps!, coupled with very good handling and huge tyres they will make you look stupid!
Or may be the diesel is better than optimax around here............:confused:

Can it go round corners? can it brake?

Personally I am sick of TDi F****wits, usually reps or with the wife and 4 kids in the back thinking they can harrass me to push my sti PPP over a ton on a busy dual carraigeway. Maybe they have special licences issued by VAG to drive like that??

Let them follow me onto the twisties and see how they get on perhaps?

Castrol 06 May 2006 08:34 PM

Right you dickheads!
How to win friends and influence... :rolleyes:

suffolkdar 06 May 2006 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 54Roadster
Can it go round corners? can it brake?

Personally I am sick of TDi F****wits, usually reps or with the wife and 4 kids in the back thinking they can harrass me to push my sti PPP over a ton on a busy dual carraigeway. Maybe they have special licences issued by VAG to drive like that??

Let them follow me onto the twisties and see how they get on perhaps?

Exactly my point!, they can hassel you in standard form on any trunk road..... chipped they can make you look stupid.
The twisties are another matter, but then some spotty kid in a 106/306/proton GTI will go round them like they are in a GO KART and make you look stupid there!

Then of course there are the civic type Rs that will when tuned make you look stupid on any trunk road but will still leave you on any twisty bits like a GO KART!

DISCUSS

New_scooby_04 06 May 2006 08:45 PM

Exactly my point!, they can hassel you in standard form on any trunk road..... chipped they can make you look stupid.
The twisties are another matter, but then some spotty kid in a 106/306/proton GTI will go round them like they are in a GO KART and make you look stupid there!

Then of course there are the civic type Rs that will when tuned make you look stupid on any trunk road but will still leave you on any twisty bits like a GO KART!

DISCUSS

Pete is that you??? :lol1:

Ns04

54Roadster 06 May 2006 08:49 PM

DISCUSS

They only hassle me by driving too close too fast, hopefully it will be you behind me one day when I "test" my brakes.

Civic Type R when tuned - interesting... 200+ brake through 2 front wheels? I know which I'd prefer on twisties.:Whatever_

Proton Gti? bless....was it you that bought one?

suffolkdar 06 May 2006 08:53 PM

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

You cannot argue with mindless idiots........ they just drag you down to their level!

I have stated what are true facts, i have nothing else to say:sleep:

Daniel-S 06 May 2006 08:54 PM

Ah well glad to see that an otherwise normal thread turns into another scooby bashing :Whatever_

Its saturday night mate get a life