ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   import service aberdeen (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/506105-import-service-aberdeen.html)

WallacePerformance 20 June 2006 11:33 AM

Seems like a few of the guys on here have heard one or two "chinese whispers" without looking futher into the claims. None of the acusations above are true here about Wallace Performance and you will find as people have said, those of you that have actually got a car and taken it to us have recieved a 1st class service with outstanding results. Just now we are so busy that we are having to book a long time in advance.

I can safely say that there is no other performance garage in the NE of Scotland claiming that just now.

We must be doing something right.....;)

Gavin

WUZ 21 June 2006 01:18 AM

Brain Downie is booked solid all the time!

Simon @ Jap performance is bloody busy as well. I think he just finished working on Herbies car....but you'll know all about that:D

I am still waiting for some brake pads ordered a while back. I paid for 2 sets, got one. Can you update me on the location of the other set? Can you PM me with an update on when they will be here?

Thanks

Russell

WUZ 13 July 2006 12:38 PM

Still no answer from Wallace. Too busy on tother peoples cars?

HMM!

Russell

dean/abz 14 July 2006 12:44 PM

russell where do you put cars for mapping

WUZ 14 July 2006 05:45 PM

Mapping

I have mapped the LINK ecu's before but not home often enough to do it all the time.

AndyF, Pat Hereborn, Bob Rawle (John Banks when he used to do it!) ALWAYS get my vote:D

Not used Pavlo, Mark Shead or JGM myself but have heard very good things about them.

END OF!

Russell

jacksdad 17 August 2006 01:28 PM

Wish I'd read this beofre I booked my 05 wrx into Town & County. Getting 12month / 9,000mile service £190. Body inspection £95. I'll definetely give Russell a call next time. Kingswells is just around the corner.

Miles 17 August 2006 05:00 PM

Except that Russell is now out beyond Monymusk!

WUZ 19 August 2006 01:06 AM

Chapel of Garioch to be exact!

Very quiet out here....at least until the flat four rumbles start to come into the valley below!

drewzer 03 December 2006 06:52 PM

dont go to wallace have heard of 4 scoobie's and 3 evos been blown up due to putting cheap ecu upgrades into them. not sure of indy. my old man and i use brian downie, u will wait (there is a reason for that!!) but he is **** hot and knows more than town and county about scoobies and is very good to deal with.

WUZ 04 December 2006 12:13 AM

I never said a word!

Russell

Clubbi 05 December 2006 05:06 PM

Brian Downie

I was a town and county man (when I had a UK car), but had less than good service for too much money there! I bought an import and suddenly was treated like a leper (wouldn't run the diagnostics on e/m light fault).

I started using Brian Downie and yes he is busy, but he is worth the wait. He sorted a problem out with my last Sti that had Iain Litchfield and Powerstation beat (car was Iain's ex demo car).

He does look after his customers, and thats why he is so busy. He loves scoobies, and thats what makes the difference.

I wouldnt let anyone else look after my JDM STI9.

Russs 06 December 2006 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by drewzer
dont go to wallace have heard of 4 scoobie's and 3 evos been blown up due to putting cheap ecu upgrades into them. not sure of indy have heard the guy up there is bit of wank to deal with. my old man and i use brian downie, u will wait (there is a reason for that!!) but he is **** hot and knows more than town and county about scoobies and is very good to deal with.

You heard wrong. The wonder of rumours, eh?!

Of over 1000 cars tuned at WP, no Evos have blown up on the dyno, one Evo VI threw a rod through the block after the customer ran 1.7bar boost when he knew it had a blocked fuel filter. One UK turbo impreza engine expired running over 300bhp (at customers request) on standard internals (no surprise then), and one other impreza damaged a big end bearing (something that could just as easily have happened on the road).

So there you have it. No need for any more unsubstantiated rumours.

rossyboy 06 December 2006 10:27 AM

One UK turbo impreza engine expired running over 300bhp (at customers request) on standard internals (no surprise then)
Russ, I'm no expert and I dont question any of the facts you state, but there are I suspect rather a lot of UK spec impreza's running in excess of 300 bhp on standard internals without issues.

Russs 06 December 2006 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Russ, I'm no expert and I dont question any of the facts you state, but there are I suspect rather a lot of UK spec impreza's running in excess of 300 bhp on standard internals without issues.

Absolutely, no argument from me there.
Doesn't mean they will last forever like that though, or that there haven't been other cars with problems.

drewzer 06 December 2006 06:40 PM

cars rarely blow up on the dyno, its after that the dammage is done. most of those 1000 cars tent to be boy racer crap you see them driving around with neon lights, bodykits, stupid exhausts and wallace performance plasterd all over them.

if you want a real mechanic for you expensive performance car got to brian downie. . . . . you wont be dissapointed

Russs 08 December 2006 06:05 PM

cars rarely blow up on the dyno, its after that the dammage is done. most of those 1000 cars tent to be boy racer crap you see them driving around with neon lights, bodykits, stupid exhausts and wallace performance plasterd all over them.

if you want a real mechanic for you expensive performance car got to brian downie. . . . . you wont be dissapointed

Get a grip.
Have a look here;
Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum - Search Results

drewzer 08 December 2006 06:56 PM

fair enough, one satisfied customer then.

WUZ 10 December 2006 11:31 AM

Drewser PMSL:D

Russ - nobody doubts that in terms of EVO ability at Wallace Performance, YOU (AND ONLY YOU!) do know your stuff in terms of Evo's.

Credit where it's due, if I had an EVO and I had a problem I couldn't fix, I'd go to you.

BUT I DON'T HAVE AN EVO, I HAVE A SCOOB...........AND THIS IS A SCOOB SITE, NOT AN EVO SITE.

Wallaces reputation and previous history with Subaru has not been the best even thought your Evo contingent are more than satisfied with your work on their cars. Credit to you!

Stick to Evo's..........your getting better results with them and your not breaking nearly so many as you are Scoobs

Oh, by the way............what happened to G7 OWL? Spoke to its owner a few months back and he had a few "interesting things to say"

Russell

Russs 11 December 2006 09:22 PM

fair enough, one satisfied customer then.

I give up, you either can't read, or can't count.

Russs 11 December 2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by WUZ
Drewser PMSL:D

Russ - nobody doubts that in terms of EVO ability at Wallace Performance, YOU (AND ONLY YOU!) do know your stuff in terms of Evo's.

Credit where it's due, if I had an EVO and I had a problem I couldn't fix, I'd go to you.

BUT I DON'T HAVE AN EVO, I HAVE A SCOOB...........AND THIS IS A SCOOB SITE, NOT AN EVO SITE.

Wallaces reputation and previous history with Subaru has not been the best even thought your Evo contingent are more than satisfied with your work on their cars. Credit to you!

Stick to Evo's..........your getting better results with them and your not breaking nearly so many as you are Scoobs

Oh, by the way............what happened to G7 OWL? Spoke to its owner a few months back and he had a few "interesting things to say"

Russell

Russell, you are trouble maker.

I am not interested in another slagging match.

I have never "broken" a scoob or an evo, so please be careful about what you are inferring.

Impreza or Evo, both are 4wd, 2litre, 16v, turbocharged. The principles are not so different.

G7OWL was sold something like a year ago, so I have no idea what you are on about. As far as I'm aware, the car went well and made good power for it's set up. 506bhp on a 3071 is no slouch. It was good enough for Jap Performance mag to feature.

I thought you had risen above this kind of nonsense and rumour spreading?

WUZ 11 December 2006 10:37 PM

No rumours in the post I wrote. ONLY FACT. The company you represent, on several occasions, did not fulfill their duties as a tuning company and inform the customer of the limits of their cars.

True fact.

Nobody is 100% perfect and mistakes can happen but we're all here to help other S/Net members get the best advice B4 making their decision.

Christ, I even used to pass people onto you guys if I was offshore and could not help them.
Russell

ps - see you at Knockhill next year;)........I'll be the one flashing you to move out of the way:D

Russs 13 December 2006 12:28 AM

I don't know why I bother. :brickwall
Please do me a favour, if anyone actually reads this, actually READ it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by WUZ
No rumours in the post I wrote. ONLY FACT. The company you represent, on several occasions, did not fulfill their duties as a tuning company and inform the customer of the limits of their cars.
True fact.

Excuse me, but I don't recall you ever being around long enough at WP to have any idea of conversations with customers. Do you have a hidden microphone? Since when did you decide our "duties"?
How can you pretend this is factual? And don't bother rhyming off 2nd hand stuff you've heard please.

Facts? In this?!;

Originally Posted by WUZ

B0ll0x. The mechanic who works here has done more Evo clutches (for example) than anyone else in the North East.

Originally Posted by WUZ

In case you hadn't noticed, there are all sorts or car owners and non car owners using this site.

Originally Posted by WUZ

Facts?! Can't you read? Oh, sorry, I guess breaking none is "not so many"!

Stick to Evos?! What makes you think you have the God given right to say something like that to anyone?
You may be coping in your own little subaru world, but we have to deal with every marque that comes in here; in the last 2 weeks - 3 skylines, two TVR's (T350T and Sagaris), lost count of how many Evos and scoobs, and of course a few stickered up wonders that your gimp mate has mentioned :rolleyes:
No complaints.

Originally Posted by WUZ
Russell

As the car has passed through several hands with no contact with us, I can only assume you are trying to cause trouble with this statement. Again.

I expect this will go on and on as usual.
For what it's worth I made an effort to be nice - please note that I haven't made one single derogatory comment about anyone elses work.

We do good work at WP and if anyone doubts it, please feel free to come in for a chat. I'll happily show you some of the quality work we do.
There is nothing hidden here, the customer has access to all parts of the tuning process.
Please don't just judge us on stupid internet rumours.

WUZ 13 December 2006 02:20 AM

You made an effort to be nice? I assume that is something to do with the ice-cold reception you handed out to me at Knockhill was it? you know the one I mean.....the one about 1 hour B4 your car was handed its behind on a plate?

ONCE AGAIN - no one doubts your abilities when it comes to Evo's, the number of cars you have tuned is testament to this fact. But to sit there and say that certain people whos cars have been damaged by tuning from the company you represent (a certain P1 that left your premises AUDIBLY DETTING ITS HEAD OFF!) are merely spreading rumours is incorrect.

Your comment about your mechanic changing more Evo clutches than anyone else in the North East, you want to bet on that? POT...........................KETTLE.........BLACK .....springs to mind.

We'll just each go and play in our own little corners and not speak to each other shall we?

Lets end it on a high note. You continue to do your stuff the way you do it and I wish the best of luck to you.

Miles 13 December 2006 08:46 AM

I think it's about time that this thread comes to an end.