ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tessa Jowell (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/497095-tessa-jowell.html)

dynamix 05 March 2006 10:38 AM

pmsl

Leslie 05 March 2006 11:02 AM

Its really an indictment of all politicians these days really when you think about it. Yes there were dishonest ones among the Conservatives but according to Billy and NL, it was all going to change with them and all would be pure and honest in all respects.

Well they have lied and "spun" since they took power, led us and Parliament astray, and if someone screws up in their job, they are never held responsible and sacked any more. Its always another reason, or "lessons will be learned", or it never really happened anyway!

When they get caught out fiddling etc. they fight to hang on to their jobs and will use any trick, in or out of the book. This latest trick of separation is almost unbelievable. Who do they ever think will believe that for goodness sake?

Those who have been forced to resign eventually like the Prince of Darkness, wind up with a sinecure which pays them incredible sums of money and is designed to keep their traps shut about what they know of what goes on behind the scenes.

I wonder if we will ever get a government again which is honest with the electorate which employs them and will tell us the truth for once instead of a cloud of smoke and mirrors designed to prevent us from realising what they are actually doing in the name of their own self advancement.

I believe this country is fast approaching the crossroads of whether we maintain our personal freedoms and protections, or we are lost to the pigs of the Orwellian Animal Farm.

Les :(

Bram 05 March 2006 12:32 PM

Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.

scud8 05 March 2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh
John Major's affair with Edwina?
Corrupt Thatcher getting her corrupt son business contracts?
Archer's perjury?

Peripheral my ar se! :lol:. Rotten to the core the Tories were - which is why they'll never be elected to power again in my lifetime.

Suresh

Major's affair with Edwina was not corruption - bad judgement/taste perhaps!

Dieseldog 05 March 2006 07:52 PM

This whole episode really is the best yet to demonstrate the lengths NL will go to to keep their grubby hands on power. Usually it's a "I'm sorry, you've lost the trust of the public, you must leave office... psssst. nip round the back - door'll be open in about three months once those fools have forgotten", but this time there's a new twist, kicking out your husband until the heat's died down. Reminds me of that old joke...

Lone Ranger (Mills)... "Indians all around us - looks like we're done for Kim o Sabe"
Tonto (Jowell)... "what do you mean "we"?

suprabeast 05 March 2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh
John Major's affair with Edwina?
Corrupt Thatcher getting her corrupt son business contracts?
Archer's perjury?

Peripheral my ar se! :lol:. Rotten to the core the Tories were - which is why they'll never be elected to power again in my lifetime.

Suresh

In your lifetime!! haha you are either extremely naive or very old.

DazW 05 March 2006 09:15 PM

& in the Interests of fair play ;)

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/6455/shame.html

& seem to remember a couple of MP's actually being jailed? ...& Sept 12 1992 'Black Wednesday' ...all from the party of 'Family Values' who elected an adulterer as leader PMSL

I think ill just spoil my vote come ballot time! :D

Suresh 06 March 2006 08:31 AM

Sleaze

Originally Posted by scud8
Major's affair with Edwina was not corruption - bad judgement/taste perhaps!

Correct, but you originally mentioned "sleaze" and something about only peripheral Tory figures being involved. Like the PM and the party Chairman then :lol1:

The difference between Tory and New Labour sleaze is that with the Tories it was MOST DEFINATELY NOT ONLY peripheral figures

Originally Posted by suprabeast
In your lifetime!! haha you are either extremely naive or very old.

Or just fishing for dullards :o

dpb 06 March 2006 08:36 AM

definitely...!..:D

JTaylor 06 March 2006 11:20 AM

It's easy to criticise the Labour Government but, as Pete pointed out in the link, they did provide free school milk for five, six and seven-year-olds in Wales.

Holy Ghost 06 March 2006 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Thankfully, compared to the TORIES, this Government is still as white as the driven snow!!

Pete

lots of road slush up your way then pete?

dsmith 06 March 2006 01:29 PM

"free" - Have you not done the maths to work out how much you're paying for that milk...

paulr 06 March 2006 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie
I believe this country is fast approaching the crossroads of whether we maintain our personal freedoms and protections, or we are lost to the pigs of the Orwellian Animal Farm.

Les :(

Whatever you say Napoleon................

:)

Leslie 06 March 2006 05:08 PM

I wonder if you are able to justify that remark Paulr. Or is it yet another scrape of the barrel for a smart arse remark?

Les

paulr 06 March 2006 05:37 PM

Not at all.The moral behind Animal Farm is that once the pigs took over from farmer Jones then they became just like him.If (and god help us if they do)the Tories get into power then they will behave in the same fashion as Mrs Jowell.

Can you read Leslie?

:)...

Leslie 06 March 2006 05:52 PM

Yes you have got the theme behind the book right of course paulr. And the behaviour of your hero and his rather queer cronies falls right into the description in just about every detail. Not a very big step towards the next book by your hero's namesake, The ground requirements for that are being put into place as we speak!

Whoever is in power, I prefer to keep my personal freedoms and protections in law. These are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Have you seen my personal views on modern politicians?

Don't bother to make such stupid comments about my abilities if you don't mind, You are showing your inexperience.

Les

paulr 06 March 2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie

Whoever is in power, I prefer to keep my personal freedoms and protections in law. These are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Have you seen my personal views on modern politicians?

Les

Sorry Leslie,i thought this thread was titled "Tessa Jowell".My apologies for staying on-topic.

:)