ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   The banter starts here! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/495900-the-banter-starts-here.html)

ex-webby 01 March 2006 11:51 AM

Of course.....

This event is not ALL about the winning (well not for the majority of us :D), it's about the taking part/having a bash and also being there to watch it and meet everyone else from this community. :) :D

Sam is facilitating the ScoobyNet Live Burger (tm) stand..... but he doesnt know it yet! :D

Regards,
Shaun.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 01 March 2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster
Sam is facilitating the ScoobyNet Live Burger (tm) stand.....

Yes but they won't be BEEF burgers they will be LAMB burgers :D

Baaaaaaa!!

flat4 01 March 2006 03:36 PM

question, are the numbers limited to 100 (or whatever it was) as per previous years? :)

P20SPD 01 March 2006 04:16 PM

Yes, plus the invite cars i believe.

Dill_typeR 27 March 2006 04:25 PM

Is that free food i see :) i'm in. paid last week, my entry shid have reached em now bit notaccording to entry list:rolleyes:

Got castle coombe on the friday, and a RR day down south somewhere, might need new brakes and a service in between somewhere:wonder:

jonjo 02 April 2006 05:40 PM

You guys do know im going to win dont you..... :D:p

Jay_bee 02 April 2006 06:16 PM

I thought I was going to win :wonder:

:D

jonjo 02 April 2006 06:20 PM

Dont be ridiculous :D

Even Andy F is pulling out coz im going this year :p :D

Jay_bee 02 April 2006 06:42 PM

Well, to be fair, I was thinking of pulling out too :D :D

jonjo 02 April 2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jay_bee
Well, to be fair, I was thinking of pulling out too :D :D

1 down 98 to go :D

Neilo 02 April 2006 08:28 PM

ahh but you didnt say what "class" you were gonna win ;)

jonjo 02 April 2006 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
ahh but you didnt say what "class" you were gonna win ;)

Bugger!!! my plan is foiled..... :D

Neilo 03 April 2006 09:43 AM

hands off the 11.5s mine :p

terryb 03 April 2006 09:49 AM

Handling circuit win for me ;)

jonjo 03 April 2006 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
hands off the 11.5s mine :p

Lol...not if i have my way ;)

Joe.....

Neilo 03 April 2006 09:45 PM

hehe, we only have to do a run once eh? :) we will have to have a warm up effort at the pod i reckon mate :)

johnfelstead 03 April 2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by terryb
Handling circuit win for me ;)

Not if i can help it. ;):D

Hopefully the handling course is like the one used for the TOTB2 test day, that was the best by far of all the layouts used at Elvington to date IMHO, it even had a bit of airborn sideways action. :norty:

Neilo 04 April 2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by johnfelstead

Hopefully the handling course is like the one used for the TOTB2 test day, that was the best by far of all the layouts used at Elvington to date IMHO, it even had a bit of airborn sideways action. :norty:

sounds good to me :)

dmc1980 04 April 2006 08:53 AM

is there a prize for last? really looking forward to this now and decided it would be more fun to take part than stand and watch. Who cares if my car is slow!!! see you all there!

Jay_bee 04 April 2006 09:20 AM

There's always one party pooper! :razz:

I think professional drivers should get a handicap of some kind... like maybe a few bags of cement in the boot of their car ;)

Dill_typeR 04 April 2006 11:23 PM

or blind-folded perhaps, still prob beta me tho:lol1:

terryb 04 April 2006 11:28 PM

Will be an interesting battle John :D:D:D

We both have the same car and mine may have a bit more power but will have to get that anti-lag wired up to give me the edge :D:D:D

Will have a great time trying :D

Maybe we should have a prize for flattenning the most cones :D:D:D

johnfelstead 04 April 2006 11:42 PM

I'll be doing nothing special to the car for the day, it will be as i drive it on the road, still on the standard wheels and 205/50x16 road tyres, standard brakes, no ALS or big power, just an STi5 engine on stock injectors with Bob Rawle ECUTEK remap.

Get within 1 second of me and i'll buy you an ice cream. :p :D (offer to terryB only, i cant afford 100 ice creams. :o)

jonjo 05 April 2006 08:30 AM

I'll be doing nothing special to the car for the day, it will be as i drive it on the road, still on the standard wheels and 205/50x16 road tyres, standard brakes, no ALS or big power, just an STi5 engine on stock injectors with Bob Rawle ECUTEK remap.

Get within 1 second of me and i'll buy you an ice cream. :p :D (offer to terryB only, i cant afford 100 ice creams. :o)

Oh.....i wanted an ice cream as well :cry: (or a fab!! :D )

Peanuts 05 April 2006 10:08 AM

hmm, new lime flavoured FAB as well :lol1:

Jay_bee 05 April 2006 10:26 AM

I might leave to scoob at home and fetch an ice cream van :D

johnfelstead 05 April 2006 01:38 PM

you wont make any profit from me if you do. :razz: :D

Jay_bee 05 April 2006 02:11 PM

:razz:

I think the 3 bags of cement + the blindfold option sounds good :razz:

terryb 05 April 2006 05:02 PM

Nice one John - the gauntlet has been thrown :D:D:D Challenge on :D:D:D

Seriously though - if I get within 1 second of you then I'll be very impressed :D:D I actually think I'll be 2 seconds quicker - hehehe :lol:

Cheers

Terry :D

flat4 05 April 2006 05:13 PM

that's quite a claim on a course only lasting 30 seconds :lol1: