ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   EVO 7 at S-Pod, very slow...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/48930-evo-7-at-s-pod-very-slow.html)

Sam Elassar 15 October 2001 11:10 PM

i don't understand this at all, unless the driver was pants there is no way an evo 7 is slower than an evo 6. according to EVO mag the evo 7 weighs 1433 while the 6 wieghs 1400, the 33k difference is nothing. it is like diving with a ten year old in the back :D to be exact.

sam

Adam M 16 October 2001 01:33 AM

Is this the same evo that quotes the 0-60 of the 22B as five seconds?

and who steal other magazines numbers when they ont hav etime to test themselves?

dingy 16 October 2001 08:48 AM

Adam, where you pi$$ed when you wrote that.

:D

longun 16 October 2001 10:23 AM

I was at the pod on sunday and wasn't impressed with the EVO either. The mini made me smile.....

My nos isn't working properly thats why the pug didn't run what car where you in Dingy??

Adam M 16 October 2001 12:09 PM

bloody hell.

everyone gets so defensive about cars.

jesus h christos.

Just because one 7 was slow doesnt make it crap.

Driving it I was so impressed, it was incredible. doesnt mean I like it or want one. If I did, guess what, I would buy one.

Jason, dont be such a tart, sonic blue wallpaper and the like. I wasnt comapring with imprezas, I was comparing it with the 6, which I think it is slower than. where the hell did the P1 come into this?

I have said it before and I will say it again, I probably have one of the quickest imprezas on this board, but with me driving, I bet it is slower than every other car here (possibly except cems skyline). Bottom line who gives a sh1t?

Steve, yes I was drunk.

MRK 16 October 2001 12:09 PM

OUCH!! you lot are slapping like school girls on heat.

Now that I gotta see :D

CraigH 16 October 2001 12:11 PM

LOL at Adam re Blowdog...

He's not that slow - I saw him overtake someone at Donington once.

Think it was the burger van.

Just kidding Cem ;)

:D

Blow Dog 16 October 2001 12:29 PM

Adam,

You just can't help this fact:

http://www.blowdog.com/images/blowdo...adamiscrap.gif

jason b 16 October 2001 12:34 PM

Adam considering that the areodynamics are much better, torque is upped by another kg and 80% of it is lower down.
Adam it seems as though you no f*ck all, just because power delivery is different does not mean the car is slower, the 7 is 1sec per km quicker than the 6 TME around the ring.
Regards
J

Until you know you will never know, but when you know you will know.

Apart from Adam and his super quick scooby!!!!!!!! lolololololololololololololololololololololololo

dingy 16 October 2001 12:42 PM

Adam, you got a slow car you liar, stop acting like your harj's mate.

Adam M 16 October 2001 01:02 PM

Jason,

"dont be such a silly girl" - rik mayallism.

who cares?

10Nm, thats what 6 lbft. Makes all the difference.

So its 1sec/km faster over the nurburgring. Do you think you are good enough for the car to be the limiting factor?

If so, well done, you are a better driver than me. Infact you probably are anyway.

The difference is, I dont care, and you do.

All I can hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah.........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Adam.

you know that you dont know, but when you know you have something lame written after your name you will know that everyone knows that I am a fat b4stard.

[Edited by Adam M - 10/16/2001 1:43:43 PM]

GP 16 October 2001 01:44 PM

can you lot stop thwacking each other with yer handbags for a minute ?

ok, you may or may not be interested in this.. I was the guy in the yellow mk2 astra that raced that car on one run - I posted 15secs @95.something to his 14.6 @ 96 - the 3 cars lengths he got on me was purely in the start (fwd and no lsd does not a good start make) - reactions were almost equal (I made mabye 0.1 or so on him)

mine makes just over 200 non-turbo bhp - once moving, in gear times were identical.

I talked to the guy afterwards and asked 'did you get a crap start or something ?' - to which he said, and I quote 'yep, I was going sideways' - his mate seemed to find this highly amusing - I reckon he just couldn't launch it very well..

If anyone really gives a flying f**k I can scan and post the slip if you like :)

- righto..back to handbags :rolleyes:

[Edited by GP - 10/16/2001 3:21:22 PM]

fast bloke 16 October 2001 01:50 PM

Did you have to post that GP. I was enjoying thew handbags, but I think you might have out them off ;)

Adam M 16 October 2001 02:47 PM

no where was I?

"I think you finished!"

Oh yes.

-monty pythonism. one of the best!

Blow Dog 16 October 2001 03:16 PM

[Edited by Blow Dog - 10/16/2001 6:04:59 PM]

TonyBurns 16 October 2001 03:29 PM

Would just like to point out a few things ;)
My car is quicker A-B on the roads that i normally go on than an evo7 due to the wonderfully softer suspension on the scoob compared to the rock hard suspension of an evo7, i dont have to stop for fuel every 10 miles ;)
the evo7 isnt good on british roads full stop :( but a great car if you want to track day it alot :D thus the reason i wont buy one (and the fact that shell cant supply Optimax at the rate i use it ;):D)

Tony;):D

longun 16 October 2001 04:08 PM

Well my pug will piss on all of you so there:rolleyes:

Muppet forum here we come:D:D:D:D:D

I'll get my coat.......

P.S. Dingy you still ain't told me what you where driving??

jason b 16 October 2001 11:07 PM

Adam do you own a 22b??????
Mr Burns if you believe that the evo 7 is crap on british roads come up to Cumbria as you are in the north, and we will SEE.
SEE YOU TWO IN THE FUTURE THE EH ( IF YOU GET THERE )
Regards
J

RB170 16 October 2001 11:17 PM

"the evo7 isnt good on british roads full stop"

Tony, before today I would have agreed with you but I spent an hour and half today driving an EVO 7 on the same roads that I drive my RB5 and the EVO was much better

Each to their own but I'm going with the EVO (Never thought I'd say that)

Mike

jeremy 17 October 2001 02:42 AM

Can someone tell us why, no firm comparison of the specific handling dynamics the Evo 7 vs various Impreza's, has not been done in a complete and specifically documented way?
It has been quite a while now? Maybe some sort of group elected by Scoobynet and Mitsu net need to create some sort of objective test?

CraigH 17 October 2001 09:57 AM

I will be looking at an EVO 7 when mine is got rid of, mid next year...

Only thing is they are actually quite slow - have seen to now do the 1/4 mile and both were quite pathetic really. Can't see them as standard breaking 13 secs to a ton.

Plus they look like a Max Powered Passat. Except they don't sound as nice ;)

Cem,

That's a very good interpretation of Adams driving ability, however what you have failed to point out is that this happened at 20mph :D I see you've improved your handwriting by the way :p

Adam M 17 October 2001 10:04 AM

Whats this?

cems post has been deleted since I last looked?

someone tell me what he said. Sod it I will ring and have a go asuming it was nasty.

actually I asssume you are talking about the blowdog artz picture.

funnily enough it did happen at about 20 mph, seemed to happen in slow motion too, and I didnt have the balls to plant it to recover even though I was fully opposite locking and pat did tell me to boot it about ten times before it finished.

The thing is it happened because I was gaining on cem so fast taht I had to break hard mid bend to avoid ramming him into the only obstuction round bedford.

Jason, yes I have a 22B

and anyone who says the evo 7 isnt capable on british roads is a fool who hasnt driven one.

It is simply the fastest point to point car I have driven and so easy to drive, it just doesnt have the soul that I need in a car.

Craig, I wouldnt bother ever considering one, they have confirmed release of the evo 8 for the not too distant future, another reason why I would only choose a special evo rather than a commmon or garden gsr.

TonyBurns 17 October 2001 10:16 AM

Trust me Jason, your evo7 wouldnt have been able to keep up with me on NM6 as you would have bounced off the roads we were going on, even the other scoobs wernt going as quickly over the rather undulating straights we were on and if my car was bouncing all over the place yours would have been off the road and in a ditch ;) Sorry to point it out but an evo7's suspension aint any good round here as its too hard!!! :p

Tony;)

TonyBurns 17 October 2001 10:19 AM

Oh Jason, why didnt you come to NM6??
i know they dont do sul half way round but thats no excuse ;):D:p
Hehehehe :D

Tony:p

[Edited by TonyBurns - 10/17/2001 10:20:08 AM]

jason b 17 October 2001 10:29 PM

Tony mate you lot don't know the first thing about poor roads you live down south as far as we up here are concerned, NM6 what the f*ck was that no offence but come up here and come on a drive with us where dirt tracks are classed as roads, mountain passes are motorways and sheep are moving targets.
DO YOU HAVE A LIMIT MR BURNS?
J

matt d 17 October 2001 11:44 PM

Jason b - do you know where I can find lap times round the Ring for the Evo VI and VII? Cheers.

ajw 18 October 2001 12:42 AM

Lets clear up a few points for all the ill informed half wits out there.

1) the E7 is quicker than an E6 - both in a straight line and around the corners. One magazine ( I think autocar) tested the 6 to 13,5 seconds to 100mph and the 7 to 12.7 seconds - not a significant difference but still quicker, and the 7 lapped the ring a LOT quicker than the 6.

2) the 7 weighs 35 kg more than the 6, has slightly more torque and a revised lower first gear ratio - all of which make the car quicker.

3) any idiot that says the car rides too hard for Britsh roads and has not driven one, and probably yearns for a audi TT and moustache to match.

4) looks wise - who cares - it cant be any worse than a scooby.

regards, Andy.

Ian Sutton 18 October 2001 07:20 AM

AJW you don't own one by any chance do you?

wilf 18 October 2001 08:54 AM

Not having driven either an Evo 6 or 7 I cannot comment subjectively. Instead I will bore the pants off you with what the mags say (not that I believe everything they say).

But if you want test times Autocar got the 6 down for 11.4 to the ton (only 0.2 slower than the Extreme and a suspiciously fast time) 12.7 for the 7. It was Evo mag that have the Evo 6 clocked at 13.5 for the ton.

At the end of last year Autocar ran an article testing the years best cars across Exmoor and even Stephen "Ralliart" Sutcliffe said in his article that the Standard MY01 was probably a better cross country machine than the Evo 6. These comments have been mirrored exactly in Evo which rated the Rb5 WR over the Evo 5 and 6 back in 99.

This year in the Autocar best track car issue and the Evo 7 was reckoned to be great. However on the road the story was not quite the same and the car was criticised for its "rock hard ride and inert handling". Evo were more enthusiastic and reckoned it was better than the STi 7 and equal to the new M3.

Thank you. (Taking my anorak off)

TonyBurns 18 October 2001 10:01 AM

Lets see....
before half of you knew about evos i was going to buy one [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] the suspension set up is too hard for the uk, and as for you Jason B, i think you should try some of the roads over the pennines, they are quite bumpy and the sheep are fair game too, ive nearly hit one or two myself so dont give me sh1t about what bad roads are, i probably drive over more bad roads than you ever will (probably as i cover more miles than you do! ;)) (you should try wales, quite a few bad ones there too!)

I didnt want the evo cos it wasnt practical for everyday use for me, the suspension was also too hard and as i have a bad back due to to55ers who run red lights it would do more harm than good, also for the same price i could have a new scoob or a P reg evo4.... hmmmmmmm the evo was a good drive but sorry, i went for the scoob, then again im entitled to that :p
I'll show u how practical the evo is compared to the scoob....
Yesterday i went for a drive, around 90miles, now in this time i used about 1/4 of a tank of fuel and i was cruising nicely over different types of roads, M/way A and B, now in the evo id have had to fill up, that for the minor gains in performance wouldnt have forced me to buy one, id only have one if i could afford a 2nd car for trackdays as thats where i think evos are most suited cos it definately aint british roads (i take it you aint seen how bad the roads are getting have you???)
Well rant off, got to go to work now

Tony