ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The DADDY of all burgers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/488391-the-daddy-of-all-burgers.html)

2000TLondon 31 January 2006 05:06 AM

Has anybody tried Gourmet Burger Kitchen, several across London.

Best burgers I've had. And I've been in Texas three months!!!!!

Billbill 31 January 2006 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Four 1/4 lb'ers layered within two large buns, 1/2 lettuce and thousand island dressing smothered all over .............. you can't buy these - I make them :D :D

Pete

Do you eat them?

NotoriousREV 31 January 2006 08:16 AM

Burger van near us used to do "The Scud" a baguette with 3 1/4 pounders, 3 fried eggs, sausages, bacon, onions and cheese. :D

douglasb 31 January 2006 09:29 AM

In 1989, at 12.30 am after a Friday night on the lash there was nothing as delicious as a chilli burger or two from the caravan outside Hounslow West Underground station. Mmmmmmmmm.......

The ringpiece on Saturday mornings was a different story.

stormyuklondon1 31 January 2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
Has anybody tried Gourmet Burger Kitchen, several across London.

Best burgers I've had. And I've been in Texas three months!!!!!

oh yes!!! the kiwiburger from the GBK in wimbledon....mmmmmmmm:D

Neanderthal 31 January 2006 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
They've branched out to ex-Little Chef's round our way. There's also one on the A43 around Towcester. I recommend it. You won't regret it.

I keep meaning to try there. Wife is a veggie though so she's less keen :/

TopBanana 31 January 2006 10:51 AM

I had a burger in Prague recently at a place called Cafe Flambée.

Parmesan roll + chicken steak + beef steak + roasted slice of foie gras + truffle mayonnaise + parmesan + salad leaves + roasted potato chips

richardg 31 January 2006 11:19 AM

tootsies at bluewater do some good burgers. i can recommend the jalapeno burger!

Crazy Chick 31 January 2006 11:42 AM

All this talk of food and it's nearly dinnertime. :D

mad_dr 31 January 2006 11:44 AM

Greasy Joe's in Cirencester (24 hour truck stop place) is home to the "Murder Burger"... Name says it all really. From the bottom, it consists of:

Bun - 1/4 pounder - Cheese - Tomato - Salad - Kebab Meat - Bacon - Cheese - Sausage - Cheese - Fried Egg - Salad - 1/4 Pounder - Fried Egg - Pineapple Slice - Fried Bread - Cheese - Salad - Bun

All slathered with Ketchup, Brown Sauce and Mayo and only £3.50.

Feel the pain!!!

P.S. I've never even attempted one!!!

The Chief 31 January 2006 11:48 AM

There is a place about 1/2 mile from Brighton seafront (just past Hove i think) who do great Burgers called Woodies - it is like some old fifties style restaurant, the nicest burgers i have ever had.:)

http://www.woodiesdiner.com/main.htm

TopBanana 31 January 2006 11:49 AM

This thread is making me hungry

gregjd 31 January 2006 02:05 PM

When I was a kid up in Sheffield there used to be a brilliant place called Uncle Sams on Eccleshall Road. It did the best burgers with melted lancashire style white cheese. I've long since been exiled "dahn sarf" and have never found anywhere as good. Is Uncle Sams still there? Is it still great?
In the US Fudruckers are pretty good.. Build your own burger and chilli cheese fries too.. heartattacktastic!

New_scooby_04 31 January 2006 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
I believe this to be one from WIMPY called "The trucker"

Just had one and it was Fab. :thumb:

Or can you name the ultimate all time burger daddy

Cookie :)

Made by me in my student days, called "The Heartstopper"

*cue sainsburys music* "This is not just a burger"
Take:

2 Quarter pound beefburgers
2 slices of cheddar
2 eggs
4 rashers of bacon
? Button mushrooms
salad, inc lettuce, tomato, cucumber
2 Onion rings.

It was subsequently renamed "The Dislocator" after a mate did himself a mischief trying to fit it into his mouth without squashing it good un proper first :eek: How we laughed.:D
In casualty! :D :D

Burt 31 January 2006 07:29 PM

fur :eek2:

pauly 31 January 2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
a place in ibiza, san antonio called pencilvania, its 50-60's style dinner. bloke makes them infront of you on the hot plate starts off with a BIG ball of mince on the hot plate and sqwashes it down and puts some herbs or something:D on served with chip and washed down with a huge glass of cold larger. or a xl bacon double from bk

mike:)

from VERY hazy memory
there was a place right by the egg in san an, it did massive burgers to die for, made fresh and cooked just like you describe. but i only remember standing on the pavement to wait for my food.
:wonder: think it had a random picture of a duck on the frontage.
aahhh happy days;)

FASTER MIKE!! 31 January 2006 08:40 PM

paul it was in the dreaded west and but not the main stretch, one of the streets that run paralel near the top..... i think:D all three time ive been we pay a vistit first time was in 96......