ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Anyone in NorthWales? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/481849-anyone-in-northwales.html)

Steve001 21 January 2006 01:39 PM

not too bad m8, you know the daily ritual - Drive the car - stop for fuel - drive a bit more - fill up again - go to bed, get up and have a bit of a drive, go and do some work (of course you have to drive there) nipping in to see your best mate at the shell garage. jeez its a hard life :D

the 1st week in feb was only to get the ball rolling:) so to speak

you know how difficult it is to 'wake up' the north wales crew ;););)

Steve

carl555 21 January 2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001
you know how difficult it is to 'wake up' the north wales crew ;););)

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ................ :p

rolski 21 January 2006 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by GazJenno
I drive a RED MY93 WRX

it has no stickers on it, blacked out windows in the back, 4.5inch Blitz Exhaust and Gold 16inch wheels.

what about you guys, and gal

gaz, was that you in llandudno today? ,about 5 ish going out of town, if so nice car mate, a very clean example. :thumb:

julesp600 22 January 2006 11:39 AM

:( Not got my car for a little while now as it is in the garage with a broken gearbox!!! Not a happy me. :cry:

I will look out for you all though as I walk about!! Hopefully mine will be back on the road soon enough.

I've still not seen Scoobybabe but I think I will notice it if she goes past :D

Jules

John WRX 22 January 2006 05:56 PM

Carl, WAKE UP :p

GazJenno 22 January 2006 08:40 PM

Wasn't me Rolski, was working in Mold all day on Saturday.

***scoobybabe*** 22 January 2006 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by julesp600
:( Not got my car for a little while now as it is in the garage with a broken gearbox!!! Not a happy me. :cry:

I will look out for you all though as I walk about!! Hopefully mine will be back on the road soon enough.

I've still not seen Scoobybabe but I think I will notice it if she goes past :D

Jules

right, I'm going to drive upto Hawarden, razz up and down the village 3 times, honk my horn and have my stereo full blast.......maybe you will see me then.:lol1:

let me know what date the first meet is, and I'll make a big effort to be there..give me plenty of warning though, as would need to clean the car first.:thumb:

julesp600 24 January 2006 08:06 PM

Hi there

Still didn't see you Scoobybabe.....sorry! I will keep my eyes open though.

I think I may have seen Steve though on the road between Queensferry and Shotton.

Anyway, what I want to know is this, do any of you know where I can get hold of a second hand auto gearbox reasonably priced with some sort of warranty on it?

I am having a nightmare. I have put a post on the drivetrain thread but had no replies.

My car gave up on Friday and I had to have it taken to the garage and it seems I now need a new gearbox. I am not impressed at all as I have only had the car since December and have spent £1400 on bodywork already.

If anyone can help I would be most appreciative!

Jules

The Trooper 1815 24 January 2006 08:30 PM

APi is doing a job for DannyBoy. PM him for info. Much cheaper than anywhere else.

julesp600 25 January 2006 01:26 PM

I've got one now. Managed to get it from Scoobybits for a resonable price. Not saying that makes me happy mind you! :(

Thanks!

Jules

***scoobybabe*** 25 January 2006 10:28 PM

That mean you'll be venturing out for the next meet then??:luxhello:

julesp600 25 January 2006 11:05 PM

I will be if my car is fixed!

I am hoping to go to Runcorn on Sunday too. I won't have my car back for them of course but I am getting a lift.

Is anyone else going over there for that?

Jules

julesp600 01 February 2006 08:15 AM

All being well I should have my car back tonight or tomorrow! :luxhello:

Every last Tuesday of the month there is a meeting at 8pm at Cheshire Oaks as they are close I thought it would be worth joining in.

Unfortunately I didn't get there last night for it and it seems only one person got there! :(

Who is up for this on 28th February? I would like to meet some of you and see the cars you drive. ;)

julesp600 03 February 2006 09:08 PM

Where is everyone?

Anyway, I managed to get my car back at long last tonight. It seems to be fine! I am so pleased to have it back :luxhello:

Hopefully, I will see of you about.

Jules

Steve001 04 February 2006 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by julesp600
Where is everyone?Jules

tell me about it m8!!! :confused:

NW Crew dont come out of hibernation til march :rolleyes: ;);)

HELLO is there anybody there???? :D

S

***scoobybabe*** 04 February 2006 02:14 PM

(creeps from beneath the undergrowth)

hello I'm here..................:luxhello:

(creeps back again)

***scoobybabe*** 04 February 2006 02:17 PM

just to let you know guys, alot of the n wales crew are over on SIDC in CADS forums, (Cheshire & District Scoobies) Come over, we'll make you feel welcome!:thumb:CADS February Meet - SIDC forums (PinkTurboGirl)

MY93WRX 04 February 2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ***scoobybabe***
just to let you know guys, alot of the n wales crew are over on SIDC in CADS forums, (Cheshire & District Scoobies) Come over, we'll make you feel welcome!:thumb:CADS February Meet - SIDC forums (PinkTurboGirl)

:thumb: SMACS (South Manchester and Cheshire Scooby's) will make you welcome to! www.scoobysmacs.co.uk

GazJenno 04 February 2006 07:13 PM

No wounder i couldnt find anyone, your all in other forums. so whens the next meet im iching for a drive.

julesp600 05 February 2006 10:56 AM

Hmm, I spoke too soon about my car :mad:

It is back in the garage again and looks as though it will be there until Wednesday, not what I want.

Anyway, I am pleased to see some of you are still here!

Anyone live round the corner from me with a blue V reg WRX....Mancot?

Just tried to register on the SIDC forum but it says the feature is disabled and that I should contact an administrator. To email an administrator I need to log in...can't really win there can I? I joined SIDC in December but didn't regitser for the forum yet. Anyone help?!

GazJenno 05 February 2006 07:20 PM

the SIDC is being updated,

whats up with your car now?

julesp600 05 February 2006 08:42 PM

The gearbox yet again. :mad: It sounded funny when I drove it on Friday night but I was sure what exactly it was....didn't feel right either, too much lag if you know what I mean? :wonder: It is the first auto I have ever had but it felt very wrong.
Jules

redwrx 06 February 2006 03:17 PM

Thought i'd drop in and say Hi,.............Hi..!!

I dont live in North Wales, but i do venture there every weekend to pick up and drop my kids off, near St Davids Parc..

Just as a matter of interest, there is a charity meet, at Vauxhauls, Ellesmere Port, on march 26th. Ive put a post up in the Northern section. Have a look, Why dont you guys, meet up and come along.... You'll be able to meet up with folks from all over the North West.

put your names on the list in my other post...

Frank (my93 red wrx, with gold graphics, gold wheels etc etc)

Mitch WRX 12 February 2006 10:35 PM

ANYONE IN NORTH WALES

Hi Gaz
Hey im in North Wales ;0) just outside Abergele...........
I drive a black 96 WRX STI with gold alloys and graphic'd up in the not usual scooby style ;0)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
MITCH
if anyone wants a chat email me at
mitchcoxqualters@aol.com

carl555 12 February 2006 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch WRX
Hi Gaz
Hey im in North Wales ;0) just outside Abergele...........
I drive a black 96 WRX STI with gold alloys and graphic'd up in the not usual scooby style ;0)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
MITCH

Hi Mitch, I've seen yours about. Mines a MY2000 Turbo, Deep blue, Gold wheels.
Also seen your post in General - Check out this link for details on your car: iwoc Get the model code from your vin plate and see what it matches up to.

See you about... Carl :sleep:

GazJenno 13 February 2006 07:03 PM

Aint seen ya around yet Mitch, i live outside abergele very near Llansannan, not to far away.

where by Abergele do ya live?

Mitch WRX 13 February 2006 11:21 PM

NORTH WALES

Hi Guys ;0)
I live in a little place just outside Abergele ;0) lol lol aint saying exactly where!!!
So ive been spotted then :norty: :luxhello: lol lol
My car is very distinctive in that the graphics are in gold shadowed by red,and they are the american rally graphics,the big "s":D
oh and it's VERY FAST too lol:norty:
cant miss mine,it has MITCH in the window lol.............
THANK YOU for the info on trying to find out what my car is,it's off a track and heck knows whats been done to it,it's either been re mapped or work done internaly and i aint taking the engine apart..........
Am after some bits for it too,door cards in good nick for a start and fog/spot lights for the front..............................
If you want to see my car email me for the link :D
MITCH.................

julesp600 14 February 2006 07:25 AM

Hi Mitch

I think I may have seen you too! :lol1: The car I saw was pretty distinctive.

I am spotting loads at the moment, I want mine back!!!

Jules

GazJenno 14 February 2006 07:31 PM

I think the north wales crue need to wake up and organise a meet or a blast! some cracking roads to the west.

anyone got any good suggestions where to meet and where to run?

julesp600 15 February 2006 07:42 PM

I totally agree and will try and think of somewhere.

Do we just want to meet somewhere decent and then have a bit of a blast but more chat?

Jules