ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Uofficial Announcement (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/477113-uofficial-announcement.html)

Billbill 14 December 2005 03:05 AM

And that IS official!!!!! :D

Reality 14 December 2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by webmaster
Please bare with us, we're working very hard, and the results will be great for everyone.

webby

OK - Where's Simon / Shaun.

You're an imposter :Suspiciou .

Where's the "If you don't like it fcuk off somewhere else" ?

Come on - who are you ;):D

Hope you get it solved without too much more hassle and sleepless nights :).

Keep up the good work and don't let the moaners get you down ;)

Reality 14 December 2005 08:15 AM

ps It does seem much much faster this morning :D

Dracoro 14 December 2005 08:20 AM

Wait 'til 1pm then you'll see if there's been any improvement. I've almost given up coming here at lunch time as it's so slooooow.

fast bloke 14 December 2005 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Reality
OK - Where's Simon / Shaun.

You're an imposter :Suspiciou .

Where's the "If you don't like it fcuk off somewhere else" ?

Come on - who are you ;):D

pmsl - to true :D

ajm 14 December 2005 09:13 AM

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...=1#post5265391

Originally Posted by webby
We have updated to the latest version of VB which is a right ball ache in itself, but also means we have had to ovewrite our custom templates we created

;)

fast bloke 14 December 2005 09:18 AM

special prize for ajm - :rolleyes: - box of tissues would be best, or maybe some earplugs for him to hand out to everyone nearby :D

ajm 14 December 2005 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
special prize for ajm - :rolleyes: - box of tissues would be best, or maybe some earplugs for him to hand out to everyone nearby :D

Don't mention it FB, you are very welcome for the update I took the trouble to give you several hours before webmaster contact was established! :D

Stueyb 14 December 2005 09:23 AM

Just another question, does anyone think its possible to cram any more adverts onto one page? Is it me or is just people getting greedy?

fast bloke 14 December 2005 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by ajm
Don't mention it FB, you are very welcome for the update I took the trouble to give you several hours before webmaster contact was established! :D

maybe the webbie was doing something useful instead? :p

ajm 14 December 2005 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
maybe the webbie was doing something useful instead? :p

I don't think it is a case of 'instead'. Part of 'doing something useful' is providing adequate communication for the users! It would certainly have been less bother than fielding all the consequent complaint threads, no? :D

Brendan Hughes 14 December 2005 09:53 AM

Please bare with us

jasey - webby looks genuine to me :)

Reality 14 December 2005 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
jasey - webby looks genuine to me :)

Scandalous slur :D.

ps - Anyone notice the missing n in "Uofficial Announcement" - not a dig at ajm's speling - just that I've only just noticed it.

pps I don't want that text to prove that we only read the first and last letters as maj will get another entry in his sial thread ;):D

oobster 14 December 2005 10:18 AM

What a bunch of moaners!!!

Site was much faster to load this morning, but who cares if it's a wee-bit slow. Just open another browser window and browse somewhere on that one while your waiting for the SNet window to load - or am i targeting my opinion at a bunch of blokes who only ever use the t'internet for browsing SNet?

Hope not!

Leslie 14 December 2005 12:13 PM

Maybe all those who are so quick to start whining or maybe are trying to demonstrate how much they know about IT etc. would do better to wind their necks in and let the guys who produce this net get on with it.

It really is very unfair to criticise their hard work to improve things for the rest of us!

Les :(

ALi-B 14 December 2005 12:27 PM

2 years to fix the ":wonder:" Smiley.

Yes, of course, I doubt anyother IT bod here would be able to fix that any quicker ;)

Issues aside, a few stickies on every forum page, or using the "anouncement" feature would have been appreciated. You have to remember, some poeple pay to use and advertise on this site - and they are equally in the dark as the non paying members.

I am not maoning - I am voicing an opinion and making comment of the bad handling (imo). This does not hinder the admin of this site - as they'll get on with it anyway regardless. However making people informed may have prevented the 20 odd "what TF is happening" threads that have appeared everwhere ;)

I'm not bothered if the site is up or down, going fast or slow, I just go elsewhere - just it would be nice to know. And not have to sift thorugh numerous threads just like this one to assertain what actually IS happening! Or is that too much to ask?

Lack of communication creates disinformation, which leads to chaos ;):D

Brendan Hughes 14 December 2005 05:20 PM

Hey guys, the webbie's put an Announcement up :)

And you know it's him:

rest assured we will keep any disruption to a bear minimum

:lol1: