ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   5TH Gear ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/475543-5th-gear.html)

EP82 06 December 2005 03:26 PM

5th gear get a stunt driver to crash a car at 30mph..

Top Gear have each of their presenters crash a car and make it funny at the same time!

I caught the last 30 minutes of 5th gear last night and what a load of tosh!

sgcooby 06 December 2005 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by EP82
5th gear get a stunt driver to crash a car at 30mph..

Top Gear have each of their presenters crash a car and make it funny at the same time!

I caught the last 30 minutes of 5th gear last night and what a load of tosh!

Its not tosh. Its just no where near as good as TG. Plus TG doesnt have a dog presenting either.;) I hate all the pish about stunt drivers crashing and numberplate theft. Id rather just see cars getting tested. Just my opinion though. TG is getting funnier every week and feck knows how they get away with saying things like 'cock' on a sunday evening but it is hilarious and how about JC's hedge comments. Class.

chris's scooby 06 December 2005 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
coupla/few years ago, police didn't even have an offence code for it. Last year 40,000 plate thefts (iirc???). Criminals are stealing numberplates off cars so they can speed/park/enter congestion zones etc. without paying fines. Mainly as you have to 'prove' your identity etc. when buying a plate etc. you can be traced so they nick them instead. What with ANPR, Cong charge cameras, speed cameras etc. they do this. Obviously police are being replaced by camera technology so this thing will only grow and grow.

Thanks for explaining it. :thumb:

ricardo_wrx 06 December 2005 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
I missed it.

Can someone tell me what the number plate thing was please?

Crime of ppl stealing your number plate and then bombing about with your plates on a different car. Guess who gets the speeding tickets, parking fine, court fees etc??? Yep you matey!

Top tip!

Make your car unique with stickers etc. That way its esier to proove to the cops it was'nt you. 5th gear said to get some security screws fitted to your plates too. Screwfix direct have some stylish ones!

ricardo_wrx 06 December 2005 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by sgcooby
Its not tosh. Its just no where near as good as TG. Plus TG doesnt have a dog presenting either.;) I hate all the pish about stunt drivers crashing and numberplate theft. Id rather just see cars getting tested. Just my opinion though. TG is getting funnier every week and feck knows how they get away with saying things like 'cock' on a sunday evening but it is hilarious and how about JC's hedge comments. Class.

But as normal the BBC will milk it till it dies! Then ITV or sky will pay off the beeb and steal old Clarkson and co. and ruin it all!
Even good old Scrapheap Challenge is now more like Crapheap Challenge!
But at least one of the presenters is fit!:p

bioforger 06 December 2005 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ricardo_wrx
But at least one of the presenters is fit!:p

Sgcooby will probably think she's a doggy munter to :)

mart360 06 December 2005 09:31 PM

why does that big git ford have to throw himself accros the bonnet of every car he reviews....

its not funny and it certainly aint clever...

clarkson he is defiantly not!!

Mart

EP82 06 December 2005 09:52 PM

I found the fact that the government are making the screws a legal requirment quite funny!

I assume it's due to the amount of lost revenue due to number plate fraud!

sgcooby 07 December 2005 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger
Sgcooby will probably think she's a doggy munter to :)

Ive probably just got higher standards than you.;)

sgcooby 07 December 2005 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by mart360
why does that big git ford have to throw himself accros the bonnet of every car he reviews....

its not funny and it certainly aint clever...

clarkson he is defiantly not!!

Mart

I think hes the best presenter on 5th gear at least hes natural the other 3 are like fooking robots just reading of an autocue or script. Dont really think he is trying to be Clarkson either. He drives normal cars and gives a perspective from the viepoint of the normal driver where as the rest just want to thrash them round a track and as someone else pointed out why test 2 estates on a tight twisty race track and the best one is the one which goes fastest. Doh. Not really what people are looking for if the are choosing estates.

mart360 07 December 2005 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by sgcooby
I think hes the best presenter on 5th gear at least hes natural the other 3 are like fooking robots just reading of an autocue or script. Dont really think he is trying to be Clarkson either. He drives normal cars and gives a perspective from the viepoint of the normal driver where as the rest just want to thrash them round a track and as someone else pointed out why test 2 estates on a tight twisty race track and the best one is the one which goes fastest. Doh. Not really what people are looking for if the are choosing estates.

dont you believe it,

any how can he give a balanced review, he,s the wrong side of the scales to be safe,

no wonder all the cars he drives a re slow and boring, they have a touring car style weight penalty before they start!!

Mart

ALi-B 07 December 2005 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by EP82
I found the fact that the government are making the screws a legal requirment quite funny!

I assume it's due to the amount of lost revenue due to number plate fraud!

I wonder when they'll create an offence code and give traffic warden or "community support officers" the power to give fines to cars with plates fixed with the wrong type of screws LOL :D:D

Perhaps I shouldn't laugh...it might happen :eek:

sgcooby 07 December 2005 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
dont you believe it,

any how can he give a balanced review, he,s the wrong side of the scales to be safe,

no wonder all the cars he drives a re slow and boring, they have a touring car style weight penalty before they start!!

Mart

Maybe, but at least he never wore a stupid hat.

Plato only used the excuse that it was for a bet after he got the piss ripped out of him. What a pratt.

All in all its still a good prgramme though.

If anyone is interested i am just reading the new 'AUTO EXPRESS' and next week they road test and compare the new VW R32-130i-EVO-STI should be good.