ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   The BBO 05 - what happened? (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/464135-the-bbo-05-what-happened.html)

jtabraham 16 October 2005 02:01 PM

If cars came from the north east, how come we didnt have a convoy???
Good night out, we skipped the traffic jam after an hour and went through to the centre and went up from there to Mcds, waited a while met a couple of other scooby owners whod done the same, then set off back home just as people started to trickle in.,

rooter75 16 October 2005 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jtabraham
If cars came from the north east, how come we didnt have a convoy???
Good night out, we skipped the traffic jam after an hour and went through to the centre and went up from there to Mcds, waited a while met a couple of other scooby owners whod done the same, then set off back home just as people started to trickle in.,

put a number of posts on here about a convoy from the northeast, but nobody apart from EVOLUTION responded.

i went down to tickled trout and met up with LADS for the drive to fleetwood.

nice club they have there:thumb:

djliveasy 16 October 2005 02:08 PM

ive just got back now decided to stay over and went out on the p1ss just to finish off a top night. well it was one hell of a traffic jam, i stuck it out till the end and met at maccys for a quick big mac. good amount of money earned, well done people. till next year. scott

Scooby Dan 16 October 2005 02:13 PM

We had a great night, we stuck it out almost to the end but when I saw a sign just past the last pier for the M55 we decided to leave at about 11pm. I had to get up for work this morning at 4.50am and I am absolutely shattered but it was worth it.
Well done everybody, roll on next year!!

mickyjeff 16 October 2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by rooter75
got home to bishop auckland at 1.30am

fog over the tops on the a66 was like pea soup!

who was in the black stickered up new age who followed me to the barnard castle turn off?

well done to everyone who stayed to the end of the lights:notworthy

'til next year:norty:

router 75
thanks for the lead over the top on the 66 we had been at blackpool all day with the kids then stayed with it to Mcdonalds i was absolutly knackered and you were a god send over the top cheers nice car BTW got a piccy of it at the start and will post it later
mickyjeff

MickWrx 16 October 2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Grift
Top night, even saw a yellow scooby spitting flames as we left macD's for the m55, ;-)

:D

We stuck it out till the end, darn that traffic.

Bladder control was really called upon:eek:

Once we got to the illuminations it was a good flowing run all the way through. Pit stop at mc'd's. Then a steady run home with the grift :thumb:

bgood we hung around for you but never saw you at the end meeting point ??

Good to meet you Grift and G'friend hope to see you around..

richie_wales 16 October 2005 02:42 PM

excellent night

thanks frank for yet another excellent blackpool big one.
take no notice of the moaning minnies, you organized it well as usual.
we sat in the traffic for hours enjoying every minute, waving at people, revving and popping some flames!!!
hi to the white scooby and silver wagon in front of us who also kept us entertained.
a big thank you goes out to the chef at one of the hotels that had come out for a bit of a nosy at the cars and let me use the loo :)
looking forward to the next one already
rob, richie, justin + stephanie

mickyjeff 16 October 2005 02:45 PM

blackpool big one

well done frank :luxhello: and thanks to everyone that helped it was a blast we got away in the first twenty cars and it was great, top bollocks to the car at the roundabout great job, stuck it though to maccys and even got something to eat LOL make it an annual event frank it will get massive

cheers mickyjeff
PS sitting on cushion all day due to numb bum :cry:

rooter75 16 October 2005 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MickWrx
:D

Bladder control was really called upon:eek:

the girlfreind was busting when we got to the traffic lights. told her to run to the toilet but she was worried i'd leave her:cuckoo:

anyway she went to the toilet, came back about 10 mins later to find we hadn't moved a fooking yard!

rooter75 16 October 2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by mickyjeff
router 75
thanks for the lead over the top on the 66 we had been at blackpool all day with the kids then stayed with it to Mcdonalds i was absolutly knackered and you were a god send over the top cheers nice car BTW got a piccy of it at the start and will post it later
mickyjeff

no prob mate. that stretched limmo wasn't hanging about was he?
followed him to bishop and he was all over the road!

pimmo2000 16 October 2005 03:08 PM

was that the White one ? big scratch down right side ? ******* wouldn't let me get to the pay loos.. when I did they where broke :(

had to shoot up a side street to an Arcade.. other than that it was tops

And **** me the birds.. wow

mickyjeff 16 October 2005 03:34 PM

i thought he was fooking pi55ed got the shock of my life when he passed me cheers for the run over the top my eyes where like pi55holes in the snow by then
mickyjeff

mickyjeff 16 October 2005 03:52 PM

first pics of the BBO from mickyjeff

right i have got the first pics to show of what was a great event had a great day evening and night even had a blast home in fog with a wr1
mickyjeff
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone011.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone010.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone033.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone001.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone008.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone007.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone006.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone005.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone029.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone002.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone003.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...lbigone004.jpg

more soon mickjeff

steveatkins205 16 October 2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
was Frank the bloke collecting money ???

OH and who was that Stopping the traffic on the roundabout

****ING classic... Thanks

I believe that ws me! was it a Dark Blue Classic UK??? if it was it was me! the traffic was not going to let us split each other up!!!

Steve

steveatkins205 16 October 2005 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by mickyjeff
well done frank :luxhello: and thanks to everyone that helped it was a blast we got away in the first twenty cars and it was great, top bollocks to the car at the roundabout great job, stuck it though to maccys and even got something to eat LOL make it an annual event frank it will get massive

cheers mickyjeff
PS sitting on cushion all day due to numb bum :cry:

Yeah think that may well of been me at the roundabout!! was an excellent night, diddnt even know about it until tidgy told me in the morning... got permission of the Mrs to go... although did say i would be back before 10.00 lmao!!!!

Well done for us all staying to the end! :luxhello:

The Grift 16 October 2005 07:17 PM

Ha ha, nice one, think you were a couple of cars in front of me, we saw her nip out, was it just by the copper directing traffic?, almost got out myself. When she came back I knew I could have made it too. Well funny. I had to hold it till MacD's, absolutely busting.

Top night.

the girlfreind was busting when we got to the traffic lights. told her to run to the toilet but she was worried i'd leave her:cuckoo:

anyway she went to the toilet, came back about 10 mins later to find we hadn't moved a fooking yard!

EVOLUTION 16 October 2005 08:01 PM

a good night had by all then i take it.

Didnt manage to make the first meeting point but i managed to join you all just after the first collection point, thanks to the silver classic who kindly let me in (i was the white blobeye)

good atmosphere back at the final meeting point as well.

I left at around 11.30, went for one last trip through the lights, set away home on a road near the docks when disaster struck. In the middle of know where, there was a raised triangle of concrete for some reason, im guessing summit to do with the trams. Well, i hit the thing head on and my passenger side wheels payed the price. 1 smashed, 1 badly curbed.......

Got the space saver on and i limped back home to consett (co durham), at 50mph, i got home around 6 this morning, 5 1/2 hrs it took, not happy in the slightest. but only myslef to blame...

So, if there is anyone who can help in sorting my out with a couple of wheels or 1 wheel would be ok for now, i would be much appreciated. Or alternativle, can you point me in the direction of somewhere that can. Im in desperate need of 1 to get her back on the road. Going to call the daler, am i right in thinking that its £250 per wheel for a 05 WRX STANDARD 17" WHEEL???

Any way, thanks

John

Craig276 16 October 2005 08:15 PM

Top night!!

If its the same guy he was two cars behind me, we donated him some pringles.
That was me!!!

Must say thnx for the pringles pal, they certainly did fill a little hole until I had my fish and chips.

Was a shame to have to que for 3 hours but it was worth it in the end.

Must say it was a success just as good as last year, damn minis tho!!!

Congratulations on a top night guys!!

rooter75 16 October 2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Grift
Ha ha, nice one, think you were a couple of cars in front of me, we saw her nip out, was it just by the copper directing traffic?, almost got out myself. When she came back I knew I could have made it too. Well funny. I had to hold it till MacD's, absolutely busting.

Top night.

thats the one mate!

fastfrank 16 October 2005 09:51 PM

Hey dudes, here's my contribution:

Piccies

Video

Enjoy folks.

-F

steveatkins205 16 October 2005 10:18 PM

good video.

pimmo2000 16 October 2005 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by fastfrank

Piccies

Video

Enjoy folks.

-F

Wow some nice pictures.. I saw you jump out in the queue to take those, you got me square on

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4569/pa1501008od.jpg
Second car My hand in front of my face to hide
:)

Turned my lights off for the pictures, shame everyone else didnt :)

dexter 16 October 2005 11:40 PM

Nice one Frank, the video was excellent, and I think we must have been in the same convoy (met at Charnock Richard Services, would that be right ?), because I could see my silver blob-eye, very briefly, as you swung left into your parking space at the Marine car-park. I was the one just coming toward you.

Sticky Stuff 17 October 2005 09:52 AM

Sounds like another top night for the BBO. Really sorry that I missed it, but it just wasn't possible, however I was there in spirit if not in body :)

It looks like a big WELL DONE is needed for Frank and his team.

To the few who have moaned...

Please, please, bear in mind that all you had to do was turn up (on time!) and enjoy (or endure) the experience on the night.

Frank, and a few others, have put time and effort into organising this for everyone. These things don't just happen. I can only guess at how much time and effort went into the organisation, but I know for a fact the Frank was up at 5am on Saturday morning and made a 60 odd mile round trip, at his expense, just to pick up the window stickers. (Nice to see you again Frank)

One thing that is beyond ANYONE'S control in B'pool is the traffic.

So, before you start tapping away on the keyboard with the negative comments, take time to think about the time and effort put in by others in order that YOU may have a good time.

Well done Frank and the team.

I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR

redwrx 17 October 2005 10:30 AM

Thanks for all the comments, i for one am concentrating on the good that has come from this years event.

I dont know why, but its taken about 4 times the amount of time to plan this years event.

Andy in Fleetwood, (the yellow scoob next mine), put alot of effort in. Thanks to Andy (Sticky Stuff, the stickers were brilliant, sorry you missed it mate.

Aye, i had a few sleepless nights over this one ..... as far as planning goes, i think we did as much as we reasonably could do, including recce'ing it the week before... to get the times.

I counted 94 cars on the carpark, just before we left, and 11 or so more arrived just as we headed out.... so that would suggest about 105 attendees.

It was unfortunate, having the mini's beat us to it, apparently they did a hold up on the roundabout, to get everyone in, and that held the traffic up ...we did try it.

I got to Maccy's at 10:10pm, the Julian who as far as im aware was at the Back of the queue was still in Cleveleys, when we were at the Norbreck castle .... where again people were trying to push in.... still Julian got to maccys just on 11:00, so there was less than an hour between the first and last cars getting to that meet point...where incidently we had i reckon around 70 turn up at some point....

I know some sadly exited before we got to the lights ....

thanks for everyones support....... in helping and attending. Whether we attended part or all, we have what others can only dream about ... we've all helped some of those people less fortunate than ourselves.

Looking for to the BBO ' 06

Frank

wah 17 October 2005 10:46 AM

Thats what I wanted to hear Frank BBO 06 !!!!

Big-G 17 October 2005 01:07 PM

Piccies

Video

Enjoy folks.

-F

Top Video, Well done.

Mine was the DBM Wagon a couple in front as we left Charnock.

mickyjeff 17 October 2005 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=EVOLUTION]a good night had by all then i take it.

Didnt manage to make the first meeting point but i managed to join you all just after the first collection point, thanks to the silver classic who kindly let me in (i was the white blobeye)

good atmosphere back at the final meeting point as well.

I left at around 11.30, went for one last trip through the lights, set away home on a road near the docks when disaster struck. In the middle of know where, there was a raised triangle of concrete for some reason, im guessing summit to do with the trams. Well, i hit the thing head on and my passenger side wheels payed the price. 1 smashed, 1 badly curbed.......

Got the space saver on and i limped back home to consett (co durham), at 50mph, i got home around 6 this morning, 5 1/2 hrs it took, not happy in the slightest. but only myslef to blame...

So, if there is anyone who can help in sorting my out with a couple of wheels or 1 wheel would be ok for now, i would be much appreciated. Or alternativle, can you point me in the direction of somewhere that can. Im in desperate need of 1 to get her back on the road. Going to call the daler, am i right in thinking that its £250 per wheel for a 05 WRX STANDARD 17" WHEEL???

Any way, thanks

John[/QUOTE

john i have four brand new wheels and tyres 1000 miles only there off a 05STI dont know if there any good but if they are price is offers they have bridestones on, changed them when i got the PPP done i will pm you as well

mick

mickyjeff 17 October 2005 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by wah
Thats what I wanted to hear Frank BBO 06 !!!!

thats me and wah going then LOL
mickyjeff

mickyjeff 17 October 2005 04:26 PM

Piccies

Video

Enjoy folks.

-F

great video m8 really enjoyed it
mickyjeff