ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PANIC buying PANIC, PANIC!!!!!! (merged) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/455706-panic-buying-panic-panic-merged.html)

ALi-B 11 September 2005 08:38 PM

He he, they are starting to panic round here...My mate just dropped round my place cursing every other person that exists because he actually needed to fill up and there was a big queue of panic buyers at all the stations (3 on one stretch of road) :lol1:

I was with my dad yesturday when he filled up - no queues at all :)

The Chief 11 September 2005 08:44 PM

Well it looks like a trip to Asda for some cooking oil heh heh:)

StickyMicky 11 September 2005 08:46 PM

filled up today and also filled up a petrol canister, and wonderd why people were stareing, i forgot all about the protests

the cannister was for my mini moto in the boot of the car :lol:

no ques mind?

Focusbird 11 September 2005 09:39 PM

My cars in London, I'm picking it up on Friday, just hope PE put some fuel in it for me. I'm walking to work at the mo anyway so perhaps I'll just have to get used to it (might help me lose some weight anyway :) )

jods 11 September 2005 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
filled up today and also filled up a petrol canister, and wonderd why people were stareing, i forgot all about the protests

the cannister was for my mini moto in the boot of the car :lol:

no ques mind?

Filled the tank AND 5 canisters - Just in case!!

davegtt 12 September 2005 09:08 AM

Well, I hear the petrol stations in town are struggling, ASDA ran out yesterday and when back up only running on 2 pumps. Sainsburys we're running on 1 pump all day with queues in most other petrol stations, I'll try to fill up today. :(

STi wanna Subaru 12 September 2005 09:49 AM

So people complain about the price of fuel then go and fill up every car they have and cans too..... :D You can't make this stuff up!

Brendan Hughes 12 September 2005 10:31 AM

And what happens to prices when demand rises....??

dpb 12 September 2005 10:39 AM

they shut another oil well....:confused:

Abdabz 12 September 2005 10:52 AM

Nothing like that up north :) I filled up yesterday because I had no petrol in my tank and drove straight to a pump no problems...
Happy Days

Petem95 12 September 2005 12:24 PM

I'd put money on there being no fuel protests this week.

Might do some panic buying anyway though, just to join in the fun! ;)

King RA 12 September 2005 01:44 PM

Fuel protests 'causing no panic'

The government could introduce measures to stop panic-buying
There are no signs of motorists panic-buying at petrol pumps ahead of planned refinery blockades, fuel retailers have told BBC News.

farmer1 12 September 2005 01:49 PM

Hmm seems to be in Plymouth, local garages had ques of about 20-30 cars. I shall be filling up my motorbike on the way home from going out tonight at about midnight when I shant be subject to queing.

pslewis 12 September 2005 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by King RA
Fuel protests 'causing no panic'

The government could introduce measures to stop panic-buying
There are no signs of motorists panic-buying at petrol pumps ahead of planned refinery blockades, fuel retailers have told BBC News.

Thats just GUARANTEED to get the drivers out filling up every container they can lay their hands on!! :eek:

The garage up the road has queues of 1/4 mile!! :eek:

Panic!!!!

Panic!!!!

PANIC!!!!!

Pete :D

SJ_Skyline 12 September 2005 01:57 PM

Have you got a full tank in your shopmobility chariot Pete? :D

davegtt 12 September 2005 02:27 PM

Well, Dad has just rang to let me know almost every garage in town has ran out now. the Shell garage is expecting a delievery very soon though so I'll top up there after work but its definately looking a mess :( might just wait til 2moz though cause everyone will have a full tank and wont need anymore fuel :D lol

Drunken Bungle Whore 12 September 2005 02:34 PM

For anybody in a panic mode Frankly Services on the M5 near Birmingham apparently has the biggest fuel tanks in the UK. They didn't run dry during the last 'crisis' and they're unlikely to run dry during this one.

When my car runs out of fuel I'll fill up. If I can't I'll stay at home. We're all in the same baot - what's the problem....? :confused: Leave the fuel for the doctors, nurses and other essential service workers.

Dracoro 12 September 2005 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore
When my car runs out of fuel I'll fill up. If I can't I'll stay at home. We're all in the same baot - what's the problem....?

What happens if you run out of petrol miles from home? ;) :D

Steve vRS 12 September 2005 03:27 PM

Big queues in Warrington!

Steve

ChrisB 12 September 2005 04:21 PM

Just wait for it to transfer to Tesco et al as people ruck for bread and milk :rolleyes:

davegtt 12 September 2005 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Just wait for it to transfer to Tesco et al as people ruck for bread and milk :rolleyes:

Who cares, perfect excuse to stock up on Beer and order a Pizza or Chinese :D

pslewis 12 September 2005 05:37 PM

Rumours have it that people round here have been buying milk and bread by the bucketload!!

Cans of beans and all fresh stuff have been sold out!!

Just been to the local Sainsburys and they are stopping people coming in through the door ............... why would I want to?? The shelves are completely EMPTY!! :eek: Looks like a grocery shop in New Orleans!! :eek:

Its frigging MADNESS I tell ye'!!

Pete

King RA 12 September 2005 05:54 PM

no queues at all in N.W London.

scoob_babe 12 September 2005 05:55 PM

nowt here either!

Freak 12 September 2005 06:01 PM

I have just the minute queued for 20 mins to get fuel....so yes people are starting to cotton on. It was backing up onto the road.
Petrol station owner was very happy- especially at these prices. :freak3:

Im fine now- have several cans in the garage and a full tank. enough for 1200 miles should it come to it. So 'i'm alright jack' ;)

StickyMicky 12 September 2005 06:02 PM

ques today at the asda across the road, the jet garage 1/4 mile down the road was empty :confused:

bizzare :o

pslewis 12 September 2005 06:04 PM

Yep, the shops are clearing out of stuff too!!! You would think Iran is about to attack us ...................... errrrr, they might!!! :eek:

Panic

Panic

PANIC!!!!

Pete :D

xkellyx 12 September 2005 06:07 PM

a few garages near me have run out!!!

StickyMicky 12 September 2005 06:10 PM

lol

loads left round this way, theres 3 stations near my work within 1 mile
and another one within 2 miles :p

i have "enough" anyway

and my two minimotos are brimmed as well :lol: