ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   X Factor contestants (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/450957-x-factor-contestants.html)

Andrew Timmins 22 August 2005 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
I think miss stirrup earings was possibly the finest example of chav....well......ever! she had the permanent wet hair look, and miserable face, big earings, ill fitting and wrong style clothes etc... she clearly thought she was a stunner! and so did her family.

I will say that her voice wasn't awful, but I don't think it was good enough. She could hold a note, but it was just boring monotony.

She says she will try again next year after she has her tummy tuck on the NHS.

Kyl3cook 22 August 2005 10:56 AM

she was 19 wansn't she?....she had a face like a 40 year old! she just was a real scally who deserves to be put down. Along with her begging family and her fiance.......what a joke!

TheBigMan 22 August 2005 12:04 PM

95% of the oddballs are paid by the show to be the weirdo's.

It's done for ratings.

Funny-yes.

Genune - no

Jamesemt 22 August 2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigMan

It's done for ratings.

Funny-yes.

Genune - no

Exactly mate, they edit out the mediocre as the good and bad make good telly..

SiPie 22 August 2005 12:24 PM

It's done for ratings.
Disagree.....

Weirdos are genuine and most will just think "feck it.. I can't sing but I'll get on tele and at least get to meet Cowell & co"

No need to pay to have people in the UK act weird.... :)

Jamesemt 22 August 2005 12:28 PM

...and what about all the freaks that get asked back? Do you rekon it was concidence that the Eminem rapper came back for another attempt? Get real!

Remember some of the real bad ones doing the rounds? We got one at our local stadium and nightclub, doing 'Eye of the Tiger' FFS...

Tripple'O G 22 August 2005 12:35 PM

Stopping pinning your hopes on crazy dreams and building yourself up like nothing could go wrong! People are the same with the national lottery - I swear there are tens of thousands of people basically pinning their hopes on winning the lottery because "they are too stupid to work their way out of their own misserable little low paid go no where lives, its sad."

ADP, you what??

Nothing wrong with hope at all........name me one person that doesn't have the "if I won the lottery..." dream?

Certainly don't live you life by it but don't knock people for having a grasp of hope.

So you get a mother of two kids, working several jobs because she can't get the time or help to go into any other proffesion but a low paid job and you climb on your high horse and call it a misserable low paid go no where life?
How would she or numerous other people in different situations supposed to do that?

I'm not struggling by any means but I still have respect for people that don't have the opportunities that I had.

We're talking about X Factor and yes, some of them are complete muppets but don't start knocking hope........

peace

Iain Young 22 August 2005 12:36 PM

Years ago I used to work in a music shop, and you wouldn't believe some of the weirdos we had for customers :D

The X-factor wierdos might be faked, but there's plenty of them out there so I don't really see why they would need to...

Iain Young 22 August 2005 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
name me one person that doesn't have the "if I won the lottery..." dream?

Me :D

I've not bought a single lottery ticket since it started!!!

Jamesemt 22 August 2005 12:38 PM

There's 'faked', and then there's 'encouraged'

Patt@firstime 22 August 2005 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Me :D

I've not bought a single lottery ticket since it started!!!

Nor me :) or a scratch card :)

Matt :D

Milamber 22 August 2005 01:17 PM

I have to say that I genuinley felt sorry for "John Lennon" bloke. He looked crushed in the booth after the show.

Chris L 22 August 2005 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Stopping pinning your hopes on crazy dreams and building yourself up like nothing could go wrong! People are the same with the national lottery - I swear there are tens of thousands of people basically pinning their hopes on winning the lottery because "they are too stupid to work their way out of their own misserable little low paid go no where lives, its sad."

ADP, you what??

Nothing wrong with hope at all........name me one person that doesn't have the "if I won the lottery..." dream?

Certainly don't live you life by it but don't knock people for having a grasp of hope.

So you get a mother of two kids, working several jobs because she can't get the time or help to go into any other proffesion but a low paid job and you climb on your high horse and call it a misserable low paid go no where life?
How would she or numerous other people in different situations supposed to do that?

I'm not struggling by any means but I still have respect for people that don't have the opportunities that I had.

We're talking about X Factor and yes, some of them are complete muppets but don't start knocking hope........

peace

But I think that was ADPs point - these people ARE living their life by it. There was a report last week from careers advisors in 6th form colleges - 1 in 10 people interviewed wanted to be a pop star / actor / famous. It's dillusional rubblish - but it does make for good TV. The final stages are crap, but the auditions are blinding! As for it being fixed, I really don't think they need to bother - sure there are a few serial auditioners like the dodgy rapper mentioned, but I would suspect that they don't have too much trouble editing the programme and finding enough bad auditions to fill a hours worth of TV :)

jods 22 August 2005 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
To be honest i blame the editing i mean you dont seem to get the ok ones on the tv, you get the really good ones and then the absolutley aweful abysmal ones who make right cnuts of themselves, i was p***ing my sides laughing last night.

Mixing your metaphores a bit there :freak3:

warrenm2 22 August 2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber
I have to say that I genuinley felt sorry for "John Lennon" bloke. He looked crushed in the booth after the show.

Crushed by the wave of reality as it finally washed into his life you mean? So you thought it sounded like John Lennon then? And you thought he had singing talent and was unfairly rejected? Pllluuuuuuueeeezzzzeeeee!

KiwiGTI 22 August 2005 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L
But I think that was ADPs point - these people ARE living their life by it. There was a report last week from careers advisors in 6th form colleges - 1 in 10 people interviewed wanted to be a pop star / actor / famous. It's dillusional rubblish - but it does make for good TV. The final stages are crap, but the auditions are blinding! As for it being fixed, I really don't think they need to bother - sure there are a few serial auditioners like the dodgy rapper mentioned, but I would suspect that they don't have too much trouble editing the programme and finding enough bad auditions to fill a hours worth of TV :)

I'm astonished there isn't more. 75,000 turned up for the Lonodn auditions alone and Saturday nights program was for London and Manchester. Yet they only showed about 5 weirdos.

TheBigMan 22 August 2005 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Disagree.....

Weirdos are genuine and most will just think "feck it.. I can't sing but I'll get on tele and at least get to meet Cowell & co"

No need to pay to have people in the UK act weird.... :)

True!! lol. england eh.

However, there are some that are paid to be way out, for example I am massively sure that the chav bird, who's family were crying and on their knees - that was set up. The camera's were rolling, the classic dirty look from the mum, it was blatant and pathetic.

Milamber 22 August 2005 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Crushed by the wave of reality as it finally washed into his life you mean? So you thought it sounded like John Lennon then? And you thought he had singing talent and was unfairly rejected? Pllluuuuuuueeeezzzzeeeee!

No. The bloke was a nutter, but some pople can take rejection and others cant. He was CLEARLY a mentalist with a slim grasp on reality. Crushing someone like that can be mentally damaging as shown at the end of the program. He knew he couldn't sing but was wondering why they called him barking.

Just asking for a little sensitivity thats all :)

Tiggs 22 August 2005 04:33 PM

Everything from the "tension" between judges to the nutters they have singing is set up and planned....whether they get the results by seeing 75,000 and hoping to film nuts or whether they have to set the scenes updoesnt matter......its a giant cash cow for the 3 envolved - and either great TV or you watch something else.....just dont watch it and take it to serious!

Reality 22 August 2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by SD
Telling him he was barking was a little harsh, as he clearly wasn't a full chess set.

ROFPMSL

Post of the year :D.

Nothing wrong with a bit of HOPE provided it's backed up with some sort of TALENT.

Stopped watching the X-Factor after episode 1 of the first series at it appeared that there was plenty of HOPE and fcuk all TALENT (although, apparently, towards the end there was at least some talent shining through).

Sounds like it's got worse ;).

G00ner 22 August 2005 07:53 PM

Also think it's a bit of a swizz when last years 'winners' haven't been heard of since, so basically other than laughing at the retards what's the point of the show?

Apparition 22 August 2005 11:46 PM

ohhhh .... you're talking about the Simon Cowell Show?...aha.
Yve

*Sonic* 23 August 2005 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by dba
The picture of the kids falling to the floor while she sobbed,the family begging on their knees,the curly perm with granny bald bits,the gruffy voiced mum threatening violence,ete,etc etc,it was almost too cliched,must have been a set up.

and i found out tonight that the said girl, is my sisters next door neighbours cousin, and she even pi$$ed her sides at her :D