ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How many Classic owners does this apply to ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/448853-how-many-classic-owners-does-this-apply-to.html)

lordharding 14 August 2005 02:01 AM

Got my green wagon in june 2000 brand new

apart from a alarm bracket and new battery both under warrenty just normal services and a few <bits> added on .

Love the car its worth next to nothing trade in wise so i will probably run it for a few years as its only got 31 k on the speedo and i

LOVE IT

ForesterBoy 21 August 2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by RON
Simon, and others..... it's a my00, had to wait 6 agonising months for it.... but, picked it up March 1st 2000,.... since then, 45,000 basically trouble free miles, and lots of combinations of wheels.overall look, i got fed up with the original spoiler, so fitted a 22b replice jobbie..... but after about 2 yrs that started letting loads of water into the boot, so i thought if i have no holes in the lid there will be no way water can get in... so, off with that, weld the holes up and fit a BMW spoiler, fitted as it was, no reshaping or anything, and i thing it looks great, then i decided that the st2's that were on it had to go, so, then came the Rota's, that has made the hole thing looks far more discrete, and i luv it.......

It has a few mods ther somewhere... so it surprises a few people aswell.... debadged so some people don't even know what it is;)

Anyone wanna buy the plate i had on it..... S600BYO......pm me!

What BMW spoiler is it ? Looks nice like that, very stealthy !

mrjud 21 August 2005 09:39 PM

thought you were leaving scoobynet

Originally Posted by pslewis
May 2000

Impreza wagon, waited 6 weeks ......

61,000 miles and standard ... same brakes/turbo/engine/gearbox/clutch/ECU

No chav items added, such as - CockLinks and no Change Gear NOW lights, no re-maps, no trackdays, no rolling road shoot-outs that are for babies ....

Pete :D

RON 21 August 2005 09:50 PM

Foresterboy..... it's a 3 series from the 'M' catalogue..... plenty of 3series running round with em....

ForesterBoy 22 August 2005 08:32 AM

Ok, thanks for that. Is it one for like the L / M / P Registration shape of 3 series BMW ?

I was once proud to wear the high spoiler. Now that the scoob is fast becoming the No 1 chav ride it's best to go undercover with a stealth scoob !

RON 22 August 2005 10:19 AM

I just went to a dealers, found one in the for sale area with the right spoiler on it, and got the parts guy to order me 'one like that', i must have looked a bit odd measuring it with a steel rule first though..... it fitted as it was, didn't have to modify it at-all.....

Jim_B 22 August 2005 11:51 AM

Got my Silver MY00 in Sept 2000 - Was waiting to see what the replacement model was like and when I saw the bugeye quickly sourced a new classic !

Dave Duncan 22 August 2005 02:09 PM

Bought my UK MY99 wagon new in Nov.'98.

Still got it, usual mods to about 270bhp. Only fault during waranty period was to the central locking--O.K. since then--replaced discs(front) and pads all round + MAF sensor at 45,000 as a precaution against lean running.
52,000 on clock but now getting serviced by main dealer strictly on mileage( not timescale) as car only being used at weekends, some evenings.

Not sure whether to have another as annoyed that Subaru does not make available in UK, the wagon with the STi engine although I realise other option would be the WRX with PPP.

Will probably keep until new platform 2007 hatch comes out.

Dave.

K9VYN 01 September 2005 01:39 PM

hi Si, how are ya?

can't say i've had mine from brand new - but does being the one and only UK owner count for anything? ;) bought it 6 & 1/2 years ago when it was imported by Charlesworths.. been through numerous mods, meets, track days, etc.. and despite numerous sad considerations over the last couple of years i still have it!

Kev

TonyG 01 September 2005 01:53 PM

MY00 - picked it up in early Jan 2001, still got it, still looove it.

Gridlock Mikey 01 September 2005 02:09 PM

March 2001 85k Chavved up, thrashed, hammered, driven like it's been stolen and I love it :D
P.S I don't really drive it like I stole it, some say it's chavved up but I just remind myself that I probably had a scoob way before they could spell subaru :lol1: It's not thrashed or hammered routinely although my mate buying an EVO FQ260 has certainly reminded me what scoobs are for :D :thumb:

sooby 01 September 2005 06:20 PM

Got mine July 2001. The last new classic saloon I could find. I'll run it till it breaks.

alcazar 02 September 2005 10:15 AM

Bought my classic Uk red saloon in september 98 and still have it.............albeit a litle modded! 57000 miles now.

Alcazar

jowl 02 September 2005 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Eggweena
All of you guys/gals with good classics are very lucky indeed :)

My old next door neighbour has a blobeye - every time he visits his Parents (who still live next door) he says how much he wants a classic and prefers my car to his!

tailfin 19 December 2005 07:42 PM

Bought my classic Uk mica blue saloon in november 00 and still have it.............albeit a litle modded! 47000 miles now.

RaymondH 19 December 2005 08:25 PM

Mine's May98 and I waited 5 months for it. It's still only done 30k, has 305 bhp, has had a small (ok, large!) fortune lavished on it and I turned down £13k for it last month :D :D

Floyd 19 December 2005 08:51 PM

Mine's a MY99/00, well MY00 now from late 2000 with 2k miles but the MY99 I had from brand new and Subaru made me wait a year for it :eek: The MY00 has done a further 38k with me so still pretty fresh. Alarm bracket broke though, so I was pretty upset and shocked at the reliabilty there ;)

Still standard........ish.
F