ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Another SX 15404 Group Buy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/440037-another-sx-15404-group-buy.html)

Abbylad 16 July 2005 11:18 PM

can someone let me know if the push fittings that come on the FSE reg will fit on the SX reg please? i fancy a change from FSE to SX but need to know whether to order the fittings too or not.

ta

1. Carl Davey - Red
2. scoobboy - Red + Push-Fittings
3. Jay_bee - Red
4. RaymondH - Red + Push-Fittings

5. Kenny.S - Black + Push-Fittings
6. Andy 97- Black + Push-Fittings
7. Edge - Black (Airmail)
8. The Dark Force - Black + Push-Fittings
9 Big Bear - Black
10. Nezz10 - Purple
11. Paul - 5 Red, 5 Black.
12. Morpheous - Blue ?
13. Thomas12345 - Black + Push-Fittings
14 WUZ - BLUE
15. Abbylad - Blue (maybe fittings?)

WUZ 17 July 2005 12:24 PM

No they will not M8, the FSE using NPT fittings AFAIK whereas the SX uses -6 JIC fittings.

Both are an oilfield standard so getting the fitting is no problem.

Russell

Carl Davey 17 July 2005 04:22 PM

What Russ said.

Yeah pop round with cash Russ. I'll meet you in Turra' if it's easier, just give me a bell (07740 353948) when you get there and i'll show you around my new 200+bhp, 4wd, 6-Speed beast lol. :D

All payments to be in by 10am Tuesday morning. Sorry to be harsh but there is a hefty chance i may be due offsore Wednesday morning so best not to hang around. :)

1. Carl Davey - Red
3. Jay_bee - Red

7. Edge - Black (Airmail)
9 Big Bear - Black
10. Thomas12345 - Black + Push-Fittings

11. Nezz10 - Purple + Push Fittings

12. Morpheous - Blue
13 WUZ - Blue
14. Abbylad - Blue + Push Fittings

scoobynutt 17 July 2005 04:51 PM

im thinking of adding to your list but can someone tell me what else i would need to fit it to my my96 sti v2

thanks in advance
matt

Carl Davey 17 July 2005 05:04 PM

You need the push-fittings and an OEM bypass adaptor (FSE). You'll also need a gauge of some description (and a means of fitting it) to help you set the fuel pressure.

scoobynutt 17 July 2005 05:09 PM

ok would you be able to sort me out a kit if so how much all in sory to be a pain just dont wnat to miss out on a good deal :)

matt

edge 17 July 2005 05:11 PM

Hi Carl.

Just made the Paypal payment. Please confirm it was ok.

Cheers,
Paulo

Carl Davey 17 July 2005 05:21 PM

Matt, add your name to the list if you require the fittings. You will have to contact FSE for the gauge and OEM FPR adaptor. :)

Your payment went through fine Paulo. :)

1. Carl Davey - Red
3. Jay_bee - Red

PAID - 7. Edge - Black (Airmail)
9 Big Bear - Black

12. Morpheous - Blue
13 WUZ - Blue

scoobynutt 17 July 2005 05:29 PM

thanks for the info

1. Carl Davey - Red
3. Jay_bee - Red

PAID - 7. Edge - Black (Airmail)
9 Big Bear - Black

12. Morpheous - Blue
13 WUZ - Blue
15 scoobynutt - blue + push fittings

scoobynutt 17 July 2005 05:30 PM

aslo have you got the price for the sx and push fitting so i know what to send you thanks

matt

Carl Davey 17 July 2005 05:34 PM

Price for fittings coming up tomorrow. :)

scoobynutt 17 July 2005 05:36 PM

ok paypall ready and waiting :)

matt

RaymondH 17 July 2005 10:34 PM

Carl

I've made the PayPal payment for the reg now because I sometimes have bother getting into S'net so just in case I can't get in tomorrow... I'll send another payment for the fittings as soon as I know the amount. Cheers.

Raymond

Abbylad 18 July 2005 02:10 AM

Carl, on a different note, i notice you mention going offshore, would you be able to give me a bit of guidance in what sort of agencies/companies to get in touch with with regard to working on the rigs? i`m an electrician/instrument mechanic at Sellafield nuke plant with over 10 years experience and i`m fancying a bit of a change, i`ve heard good things about a bloke from my area who went to work on the 'armada' rig (think thats the name), apparently he`s loving it, and i`m thinking i would love a slice of that action too..........i`m getting bored with working with plutonium every day! lol.

any help would be gratefully received thanks

Ab

Jay_bee 18 July 2005 12:03 PM

Carl

I've just made a Paypal payment to you. Can you confirm that you've got it?

Cheers

Jeff

scoobboy 18 July 2005 12:33 PM

Carl - I have just paypal'd you for the Red SX Reg, send me the price of the fittings when u get a chance mate, thanks

Carle.

WUZ 18 July 2005 12:36 PM

Either Carl or I would be happy to help Abbeylad as Carl is in the Maintenence side and I am in the Drilling side.

I might be able to get your foot in the door down here if you don't mind working 28/28 out here in India?

TAX FREE:D

Russell

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 03:20 PM

Gentlemen, all payments confirmed above and via PM are in.

Here's the craic regarding fittings:

I will supply the following in either aluminium or mild-steel 'kit' form.

2x JIC (6AN) Unions
2x Female JIC > Push-Fit Adaptors
1x Blanking Plug

This allows for one supply and one return through the regulator and works with OE and parallel fuel rail setups. It is possible to do the parallel fuel mod and have the returns from each fuel rail feeding into either side of the regulator but imo this over complicates things for now.

The mild steel fittings have a zinc yellow-chrome plated finish so are corrosion resistant. Aluminium fittings are that but are over 3x the cost.

So here's the final price list. Will all who have made PayPal payments already and require fittings please pay the difference.

PayPal carl@gc8.co.uk £94.05 for a bare SX Regulator.
PayPal carl@gc8.co.uk £110.00 for an SX Regulator with Mild Steel JIC > Push-Fit Adaptors.
PayPal carl@gc8.co.uk £140.00 for an SX Regulator with Aluminium JIC > Push-Fit Adaptors.

I'll update the list in a second.

scoobboy 18 July 2005 03:44 PM

Carl - I am doing the parallel fuel mod that is why i wanna use this reg can you pm me the extra cost on top of the price of the reg i have paid you for, cheers mate.

Dont want the aluminium ones.

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 03:50 PM

You can do the parallel mod with the fittings i am supplying. What i was referring to is you could have each fuel rail returning to either side of the regulator (rather than teeing together beforehand) by swapping the blank i am supplying for another union/adaptor.

If you wish to do this anyway i'll need a further £3.50 on top of the price quoted for the extra fittings (113.50).

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 04:05 PM

PAID 1. Carl Davey - Red
PAID IN PART 2. scoobboy - Red + Push-Fittings
PAID 3. Jay_bee - Red
PAID IN PART 4. RaymondH - Red + Push-Fittings

PAID 7. Edge - Black (Airmail)
9 Big Bear - Black

PAID IN PART 11. Nezz10 - Purple + Push Fittings

12. Morpheous - Blue
13 WUZ - Blue
15 scoobynutt - Blue + push fittings

I must stress that all monies must be in by 10am tomorrow. I have to have the order placed before Tuesday evening as i may be in a helicopter bound for the middle of the North Sea @ 7am on Wednesday...

scoobboy 18 July 2005 04:12 PM

I have sent the extra money for the fittings now, need the extra ones as not using a t piece before hand for my parallel mod, cheers carl.

Originally Posted by Carl Davey
You can do the parallel mod with the fittings i am supplying. What i was referring to is you could have each fuel rail returning to either side of the regulator (rather than teeing together beforehand) by swapping the blank i am supplying for another union/adaptor.

If you wish to do this anyway i'll need a further £3.50 on top of the price quoted for the extra fittings (113.50).

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 04:19 PM

I've received payment ta.

Abbylad 18 July 2005 04:19 PM

have just paid up for the 'SX Regulator with Mild Steel JIC > Push-Fit Adaptors'

cheers

Ab

Abbylad 18 July 2005 04:20 PM

WUZ, very interesting, i`ll PM you probably tomorrow if ok? am off out now

Adam M 18 July 2005 04:29 PM

guys, not meaning to be thick but if you look here the fitting kit from lateral performance seems a lot cheaper.

Have I missed something?

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 04:46 PM

Adam, i don't really want to get into a bidding war with Mark. His fitting kit is coming in at £68.75 which for aluminium fittings, gauge and bypass adaptor is a pretty good deal IMO. At that price however i'd be surprised if the fittings were aluminium?

I am awaiting some nice gauges coming in and the production of my own fuel rail adaptor before coming up with an all-inclusive price. I am supplying the basic fittings for conveinience right now.

R19KET 18 July 2005 04:56 PM

For the record, all the fittings are blue "anodised" aluminium, gauges are 1-7bar.

Mark.

Carl Davey 18 July 2005 05:00 PM

Cheers for that Mark. :cool:

scoobynutt 18 July 2005 05:02 PM

PAID 1. Carl Davey - Red
PAID IN PART 2. scoobboy - Red + Push-Fittings
PAID 3. Jay_bee - Red
PAID IN PART 4. RaymondH - Red + Push-Fittings

PAID 7. Edge - Black (Airmail)