ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Yes! car credit exposed (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/411772-yes-car-credit-exposed.html)

GC8 16 March 2005 02:52 PM

I like the Fly and Ninco classic Le Man cars so I may make it a 1970 Le Mans course...

The Scooby WRC is ****e in the twisty bits btw.

blueone 16 March 2005 02:53 PM

Hmm, will have to record The Aprentice while watching this one.

Paulo P 16 March 2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
I like the Fly and Ninco classic Le Man cars so I may make it a 1970 Le Mans course...

The Scooby WRC is ****e in the twisty bits btw.

:cool: Got to sort mine out :(

ajm 16 March 2005 03:06 PM

http://forum.drift.net/images/smilies/offtopic.gif

;)

Trashman 16 March 2005 03:10 PM

Off topic? Different forum more like! :D ;)

Scoobychick 16 March 2005 03:15 PM

I thought I was going to be reading an interesting thread about Yes Car Credit :D

GC8 16 March 2005 03:18 PM

There were so many pram toys on the floor that I was totally distracted!

Trashman 16 March 2005 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by scoobychick
I thought I was going to be reading an interesting thread about Yes Car Credit :D

Nah just another scrap :D

GC8 16 March 2005 03:27 PM

If you read the first link all will be revealed...

Scoobychick 16 March 2005 05:05 PM

Yeah I read that first, I meant the interesting discussion that would follow in the rest of the thread... :D

blueone 16 March 2005 05:13 PM

Scoobychick I expect most people are waiting for the show before commenting. But, I will say this, has anyone ever noticed how the honest ones go out of business and those prepared to bend the rules seem to go from strength to strength...

Vegescoob 16 March 2005 08:08 PM

Ah. The intricacies of the Human mind. Off track as usual.
:)

richie rich 16 March 2005 10:06 PM

pmsl, lol, think be for you speak...

Originally Posted by ajm
It was on Watchdog last night, but the full documentary is on tonight! :D

at modorater

Iwan 16 March 2005 10:10 PM

Jesus, what a bunch of sharks. :eek:

Pretty shocking that big companies are quite happy to totally fcuk people over, must be horrible having to work there if you have a concience but need the money and can't afford to quit on principle. :(

I found the bit about the 'Wayne and Waynetta slob' couple quite incredible. The fact that they managed to take out a £290 odd a month HP agreement which was entirely financed by DSS, when neither were working. WTF?!? :mad:

richie rich 16 March 2005 10:12 PM

or is it the mods weekly drink as much as you can , on the house night, so get blotted ond tat wind...urm i wounder, + i can run fast and hide well, .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

help.

Luke-Avfc 16 March 2005 10:20 PM

Ive got an idea im gona give up me job sign on an see if i can get the dole to buy me a wr1 did anybody see any in that yes car credit showroom?..:idea:

ALi-B 16 March 2005 10:23 PM

Typical sales tactics of any large business - nothing new :mad:

As for the cars - Same happens with plenty dealers and garages and their "200 point checks" etc. Perhaps Yes is alot worse than most, but it still happens at many other places.

This is just a typical example of what the British economy is built on, I'm not just talking car credit and loans here - it covers almost every comercial sector :(

Geezer 17 March 2005 09:00 AM

I thought the BBC dressed it up a bit to make it look bad, but surely that guy pretending to be a senior underwriter and telling that woman that if she didn't buy the car she would get a bad credit rating is fraud?

Theye were a dodgy bunch though.

And as for those doorstep loans..........

Geezer

D0ctorWho 17 March 2005 09:04 AM

Wish I'd thought of a similar business idea to fleece the stupid. I don't see what the problem is, YES car typify everything that's great about capitalism. Total exploitation and no morals. Fantastic.

Love the idea of going and hitting on dunces around Christmas so they can buy their tubes of pringles and pay for that oh-so vital sky upgrade.

Iwan 17 March 2005 09:10 AM

lol, that's one way of looking at it! :D

CooperS 17 March 2005 10:23 AM

My mate works for provident and they had a big meeting yesterday morning to say that there may be some repercussions for the company and their jobs.