ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   my new cctv set up (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/405661-my-new-cctv-set-up.html)

the badger 24 February 2005 04:44 PM

any chance you could send the details my way aswell ive already had one car pinched and they aint gettin the scoob

regards

dave

Jamo 24 February 2005 05:37 PM

you have pm :)

budgie55 24 February 2005 05:57 PM

wow that system looks very nice could someone please pm me the details aswell please as I would be interested... think I shall be signing on the black line tommorow for my 1st scoob :o

StickyMicky 24 February 2005 06:59 PM

left mine running today as a test and i had sum intruders :eek:

13.21 my mam enterd my room and put sum washing on my bed, she then sprayed sum air freshener around the room pmsl

18.30 the dog came in for a sniff about (probably checking to see if i was home from work yet)

its also recorded a few instances when nothing happend, i will try the motion senseing levels later and put them down a touch :D

pc cctv is amazing :D

budgie55 24 February 2005 07:41 PM

lol stickymicky :D

minty 24 February 2005 09:58 PM

can any of these be viewed from the internet & hand held PDA's or only the one pictured ?

They all look very good tho, i'm thinking one in the garage and one outside.

Chris.

Jamo 24 February 2005 10:05 PM

ok a simple break down of price for a basic system is as follows :)

for scoobynet member through me, the price for a two camera system with dvr card and software is £136, thats £53 per camera and £30 for the dvr card, the cameras can be upgraded to colour for an extra £20 per unit. they are fully sealed and come with everything required for them to work.

usual cost is £58 per camera and £40 for the dvr card and software, all plus postage, the price for you guys is inclusive.

hth

jamo :)

Jamo 24 February 2005 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by minty
can any of these be viewed from the internet & hand held PDA's or only the one pictured ?

They all look very good tho, i'm thinking one in the garage and one outside.

Chris.

hi minty

the program that comes with the dvr card can be controlled over the net on a pc or pda, or wap enabled phone. :)

Dazza's-STi 25 February 2005 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
left mine running today as a test and i had sum intruders :eek:

13.21 my mam enterd my room and put sum washing on my bed, she then sprayed sum air freshener around the room pmsl

18.30 the dog came in for a sniff about (probably checking to see if i was home from work yet)

its also recorded a few instances when nothing happend, i will try the motion senseing levels later and put them down a touch :D

pc cctv is amazing :D

PMSL..

my mate caught his missuse in the living room flicking the bean....Aaawwww
apparently nearly every day... to say he was shocked was an understatment...:freak3:
Dodgy i know but boy did we want to see the intruder... Lol

now now guys no ideas! mines on the car and thats it...

now what to do with the spare channel!:idea:
dazza

budgie55 25 February 2005 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
PMSL..

my mate caught his missuse in the living room flicking the bean....Aaawwww
apparently nearly every day... to say he was shocked was an understatment...:freak3:
Dodgy i know but boy did we want to see the intruder... Lol

now now guys no ideas! mines on the car and thats it...

now what to do with the spare channel!:idea:
dazza

roflmao

Jamo 25 February 2005 09:09 AM

:D

beensoldaduffscooby 25 February 2005 01:32 PM

Could you pm me some more details please or post a link. I am very interested in getting this.

Thanks Steve

Jamo 25 February 2005 01:37 PM

for scoobynet member through me, the price for a two camera system with dvr card and software is £136, thats £53 per camera and £30 for the dvr card, the cameras can be upgraded to colour for an extra £20 per unit. they are fully sealed and come with everything required for them to work.

usual cost is £58 per camera and £40 for the dvr card and software, all plus postage, the price for you guys is inclusive.

hth

Ray_li 25 February 2005 01:41 PM

first I/C sprays now CCTV whats next?

Jamo 25 February 2005 01:56 PM

bits of your car?

Ray_li 25 February 2005 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by j4mou
bits of your car?

:D git

Adam M 25 February 2005 02:01 PM

ok, where does the wireless bit come into it?

does the dvr card link to the cameras wirelessly or does it require a wireless network.

Not being totally pc literate this all seems v confusing.

Also how can it be viewed by the net?

what is it that a dvr card actually does?

budgie55 25 February 2005 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by j4mou

hth

hmmm I wouldnt really need 2 cameras how about just the 1 would they still be at the £53.. prolly would go colour though anyhow.. p.s. whats the deal with connecting these up anyone got any links to the actual cameras / software cabling etc etc just need to weigh up and present the argument to the missus for buying them having just spent best part of £25k on a new scoob :D :D

Jamo 25 February 2005 02:27 PM

he says he will only do that deal on 2 or more cameras mate. colour cameras are £75 plus £40 for the dvr and software.

james

Jamo 25 February 2005 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Adam M
ok, where does the wireless bit come into it?

does the dvr card link to the cameras wirelessly or does it require a wireless network.

Not being totally pc literate this all seems v confusing.

Also how can it be viewed by the net?

what is it that a dvr card actually does?

there not wireless mate.

there the wired in sort, and its very easy.

you just plug the dvr card into your pc, (the hardest bit)

and screw the camera in place feed the wire and plug them in.

dead easy.

james

budgie55 26 February 2005 09:03 PM

sorry to raise this thread again but has anyone got actual details of the actual cameras? Im trying to gauge the size and also the quality etc ... prolly thinking of going for a set j4mou but would like to do a little reading on the cameras and setup

Cheers for any help anyone.

M444GY 27 February 2005 05:11 PM

thats cool! might need to invest in on of them:)