ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Powerstation dyno shootout day (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/401494-powerstation-dyno-shootout-day.html)

Bully3176 09 March 2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by austen_wrx
Any date afetr the 21st is fine with me :norty: Car gets remapped then ;)

mine toooooo sign me up as long as its after the 21st March ;)

austen_wrx 09 March 2005 09:02 PM

Welcome Mark, i really had to twist your arm then didn't i ;) :)

Danny Boy 10 March 2005 10:17 PM

Mine gets mapped on the 26th of March with the new turbo so after then would be great for me.

Dan.

LEE-WRX 13 March 2005 10:28 AM

Is this still going ahead, what dates are we looking at, 26th or after would be great for me, had a look at the new premises last week and looks alot better than the old place, much easier to get to, and alot bigger.

Definately up for this if 26th or after, only 20 mins away from me.

Squizz 13 March 2005 07:42 PM

Thanks for keeping me on the list ;)

Just tweaked the timing to suit the uprated ECU and it's now flying. Looking forward to another power run :D

Cheers,
Squizz

gatty 13 March 2005 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by LLE-WRX
Is this still going ahead, what dates are we looking at, 26th or after would be great for me, had a look at the new premises last week and looks alot better than the old place, much easier to get to, and alot bigger.

Definately up for this if 26th or after, only 20 mins away from me.

keep an eye out for a white spec c 03 plate , its mine and its up for sale all offers considerd i will let iain sell the car as he put all the lovely extras on it and he knows what he is talking about.

have a good day there , its a good set up there!

GirlieTrucker 15 March 2005 04:14 AM

I'd be up for this... :)

And as I work down the road, and finish at 7am on Saturdays, i'd be perfect... :)

I could be the 'control' element with my bogo standard mota.. :D

Luv
Crisie... :cool: :luvlove:

Graz 15 March 2005 01:01 PM

Mine isn't far off standard :)

I'm guessing from the user name and work proximity to PowerStation, do you work for Wincanton? I work in Tewkesbury as well, on the industrial estate opposite the cold store.

MagicP 15 March 2005 06:43 PM

(copied from elsewhere for information - WMScooby was there yesterday.) :)

Originally Posted by MagicP
How's the Powerstation rolling road installation work going please? Any news update?

There's a few of the peeps here getting ready for a dyno day soon.

Originally Posted by WMScooby
still work to do not given an exact date they only moved sites in jan so............theyre you go.

nice waiting room.

Houghton 15 March 2005 07:25 PM

Was at P/S today and was told it'll be another month yet. Waiting on extract system.

Nice place and nice bunch of people.:)

austen_wrx 15 March 2005 08:28 PM

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

just have to wait a bit longer then :(

LEE-WRX 25 March 2005 01:49 PM

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

just have to wait a bit longer then :(

we're still waiting :)

austen_wrx 25 March 2005 06:59 PM

i'm going there on wednesday for eibachs, so i will see how its going :)

WRX_Rich 25 March 2005 08:47 PM

i'm going there on wednesday for eibachs, so i will see how its going :)

treat your self and get the drop links and anti roll bar with a geometry - I also have the anti lift kit

well worth the extra, these guys really know how to improove the handling on our cars

austen_wrx 25 March 2005 09:10 PM

I've alraedy got the ARB and drop links ;) Was wondering about getting the ALK, does it effect the ride height??

Fuzz 25 March 2005 11:30 PM

Well I can let you know how things are going on Tuesday as I left my current job to start at Powerstation on the 29th March. :D

I could well be the new "intermediary" for PS over the coming years (if they give me access to an on-line PC at work that is..... :D

Andy

Fuzz 25 March 2005 11:33 PM

The ALK only drops the back of the lower wishbone by a small amount. ride height remains unchanged.

Andy

WRX_Rich 25 March 2005 11:39 PM

I've alraedy got the ARB and drop links ;) Was wondering about getting the ALK, does it effect the ride height??

didn't notice any difference in ride hight, had the lot done together ( drop links, anti roll bar and alk) , the alk needs a geo change so you might as well do it now :) - I love the handling of the car,

I remeber a good post by edcase saying it wasnt worth having till well over 300bhp and to be honest my driving skills aint all that but I can tell you it did stiffen up the feeling of the steering

austen_wrx 25 March 2005 11:39 PM

mmmmm?? How much is this at PS???

WRX_Rich 25 March 2005 11:51 PM

mmmmm?? How much is this at PS???

im sure you can afford it :)

after digging through the overflowing box of recipts it was £150 + £40 fitting but you will need a geometery setup at £60... that was a year ago

austen_wrx 25 March 2005 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Rich
im sure you can afford it :)

after digging through the overflowing box of recipts it was £150 + £40 fitting but you will need a geometery setup at £60... that was a year ago

waaooo!! Just been trawling through the whiteline gb stuff from DT, and you can get the ALK for £80, and i could fit it myself no problem. I think i will give it a miss this time, may aswell add it myself at a later date if i want to, and get the geo done again, it works out at the same price. But noting what Edcase says i may not bother anyway. Thanks for the info though ;)

austen_wrx 26 March 2005 12:00 AM

overflowing box of recipts
I wouldn't like to look at mine!!!!!!! I think the missus may hate it (and me) even more though!!!

WRX_Rich 26 March 2005 12:12 AM

looking through the box I found my old dyno sheet from power station saying 260/270

wish I kept up with dyno days to see what each mod had done to the power :(

my car should be mapped with its new turbo next week (a baby vf35 ) if I knew what was happening with work I might have put my name down for the shootout

WRX_Rich 26 March 2005 12:18 AM

waaooo!! Just been trawling through the whiteline gb stuff from DT, and you can get the ALK for £80, and i could fit it myself no problem. I think i will give it a miss this time, may aswell add it myself at a later date if i want to, and get the geo done again, it works out at the same price. But noting what Edcase says i may not bother anyway. Thanks for the info though ;)

wouldn't like to fit it my self with out a ramp as Im sure you have to play with the sub frame - but im crap at these things :)

Fuzz 26 March 2005 08:26 AM

ALK just needs a pry bar put behind the lower wishbone, so that you can lower it enough to slide the ALK bracket on the rear end of the wishbone, add a washer and swing on a 24mm spanner (plus the two bolts that secure it to the floor) and that's about it.

Andy

MattOz 04 April 2005 12:37 PM

Andy,

Any update on the day? Was up at Powerstation the other day and it looks fantastic. :D

Matt

Fuzz 04 April 2005 07:13 PM

Which day??
I see all these faces but no one knows me. :D

See anyone in a Blue 555 top instead of the customary black "Powerstation fleece" and "combats" ???
If so it was me :D:D:D

Dyno room isn't ready yet, I'ver been doing the ducting for the fresh air intake today.. still a long way to go.

Andy

Graz 04 April 2005 11:35 PM

Congrats on the new job Fuzz, sounds good, when do you get the T25 company car :D

Are PS going to be doing a new line in giant intercoolers, turbos, etc. now? :D

Dave uk blue mica 04 April 2005 11:47 PM

i'll be up for this if theres any spaces left?

Fuzz 05 April 2005 07:53 AM

Are PS going to be doing a new line in giant intercoolers, turbos, etc. now? :D
:lol1:

Andy