ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   upgrade advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/389875-upgrade-advice.html)

MichaelH 31 December 2004 10:18 AM

All sounds like good stuff :)

Will have to check the piggy bank. Oh yes, and double check how much more my insurance will be :(

p1doc 31 December 2004 01:47 PM

what sort of bhp/torque would you get for remap and turbo,would it be as smooth as oem turbo?
martin

Andy.F 31 December 2004 08:42 PM

Sti 7/8 has made 380-400 bhp with the mods mentioned.
The smoothness is down to the mapping, it can be mapped to come in progressively more powerful or hit hard in the midrange as soon as possible.

Andy

MichaelH 01 January 2005 11:23 AM

Andy, would you be able to do the mods mentioned sometime in Jan?

Good excuse for a drive out, and I'm sure with the distance travelled I'd get more than enough chance to notice the difference.

Shall I PM you to discuss further?

Cheers,

MichaelH.

p1doc 01 January 2005 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
what sort of bhp/torque would you get for remap and turbo,would it be as smooth as oem turbo?
martin

how much bhp for the above?
martin

Andy.F 01 January 2005 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelH
Andy, would you be able to do the mods mentioned sometime in Jan?

Good excuse for a drive out, and I'm sure with the distance travelled I'd get more than enough chance to notice the difference.

Shall I PM you to discuss further?

Cheers,

MichaelH.

Late Jan before I have a space Michael, if you want to PM me your preferred dates from 24th onwards midweek or weekend :)

Andy

Andy.F 01 January 2005 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
how much bhp for the above?
martin

What exhaust system are you using Martin ? Any other mods or totally stock ?

Andy

Edit to add - What fuel do you run on and what rolling road do you frequent ? ;)

p1doc 01 January 2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Andy.F
What exhaust system are you using Martin ? Any other mods or totally stock ?

Andy

Edit to add - What fuel do you run on and what rolling road do you frequent ? ;)

tsl decat with group n bb,ecutek remap green air filter.i have frequented star,dastek-aberdeen and dalgety bay,prosport and powerstation ;,run on optimax
martin

Andy.F 01 January 2005 11:46 PM

OK, you don't go to any of the 'cough' easier places then ;)
Std classic airbox may hold you back, along with the std headers/uppipe and intercooler. IIRC your car makes around 320 bhp ? which is not far from the mark as the 20G will not be able to breath much better than a TD05 under these conditions.

Andy

p1doc 02 January 2005 04:05 PM

i have an sti8 with above mods,would i still need all of the above,misleading username sorry
martin

Andy.F 02 January 2005 09:09 PM

Oops :D JDM or UK ?

My friend Xavier from France runs a Euro MY03 Sti on the std airbox, sports cat, 20G, OE intercooler and map er 'adjustments' and it makes over 380bhp. Others have made a bit less than this, around the 360 mark. Not sure if this is due to the mapping or other issues with the car.
The std headers (uk/euro) can still make good power but need to run more boost to do so. The airbox is not such a restriction as on the early cars.

Andy

p1doc 03 January 2005 11:57 AM

uk,mmmm tempted now
martin