ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   LRC 100 replacement- LT400 series. (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/358899-lrc-100-replacement-lt400-series.html)

Adam M 29 September 2004 04:22 PM

am more interested i this one, but cant justify the money for a car which doesnt work yet.

Price seems good and I am really glad they have attacked the legal side of this plus made it usable for everyone, regardless of whether or not thet have a suitable door, since it can turn on anything with a switch!

DBM,

Just re read my post and realised I hadn't answered your point.

The fact is that the police use mobile guns which are both laser and radar.

I am still trying to find out which frequency the mobile safety vans use as I don't believe they are laser, I think they are actually Ku Band radar. This is important to me as a combination of Origin B2, K band deactivated radar detector and a LT450 type system will give as much protection as possible from all types of traps, fixed or mobile, specs, infrared - truvelo or other, and with K band deactivated there should be little or no false alarms or annoying beeping whilst stationery.

My only fear is coming up against a mobile radar trap just once which uses K band, but with my K band euro 550 (actually US market Vector 995 - well recommended) deactivated. :(

Has anyone with a detector driven past a safety van and is able to tell me what frequencies they have seen?

Dark Blue Mark 29 September 2004 10:18 PM

Thanks Adam, I thought it would'nt be that easy. :(

I had heard of a guy using a radar jammer, who got picked up by a RAF jet after the "jam" started beeping - thing it was actually a RAF pilot who had borrowed it :) Probably urban myth though.

I really dislike radar detectors, from the false alarm problem. Any one you can recommend Adam? Car's going to be like the enterprise before long - but I cannot stand the stupidity of the police setting up these meaningless traps. I would be quite happy if it was outside a school or proven accident area, but it never is. For that reason, im going to defend myself as best I can :D

Just the police chopper to worry about next :rolleyes: quite popular around Bournemouth...

MB

austen_wrx 29 September 2004 10:47 PM

A lot of the mobile cameras use sensors set in the road don't they?? The one i go past on the way to work occasionally definetly doesn't use radar as my RA 2 didn't pick it up.

STILee 30 September 2004 01:09 PM

Isn't it true that if your caught using one then your done for obstructing the cause of justice?....

I would love to get one but I'm concerned about the consequences if I'm caught...

jaycee 30 September 2004 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by STILee
Isn't it true that if your caught using one then your done for obstructing the cause of justice?....

I would love to get one but I'm concerned about the consequences if I'm caught...

Not if you use the LT450 as having it connected to your lights,door etc gives you a legitimate use.
The "jammer" side of it switches off after 5 seconds so as not to intefere with other laser operated instruments. This gives you enough time to slow down if you were speeding. Which you wouldn't be cos that would be naughty!! ;) :D

Jason

Adam M 30 September 2004 01:15 PM

no, if you are caught you won't be obstructing justice will you! they would have caught you!

The charge would be speeding.

If they catch you for using the jammer there is no specific law which they can do you under as they can't make it an offence to emit light at that frequency as cd and dvd players would be banned.

Only one person has ever been done in thsi country and he kept going back and forward taking the p*** as it were.

The age old excuse was that it is an automatic door opener, but people didnt have confidence in that excuse, now they do because it is marketed as such!

Aztec Performance Ltd 30 September 2004 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaycee
Not if you use the LT450 as having it connected to your lights,door etc gives you a legitimate use.
The "jammer" side of it switches off after 5 seconds so as not to intefere with other laser operated instruments. This gives you enough time to slow down if you were speeding. Which you wouldn't be cos that would be naughty!! ;) :D

Jason

Not true. Doesnt matter whether you have a legitimate use for it or not. If they catch you using it and they wish to pursue you and prosecute they will.

Bob

jaycee 30 September 2004 06:29 PM

Bob, we've been here before.
It's manufactured as a remote control device, it has to send and receive, if it detects anything other than the home unit it switches itself off.
A prosecution would be nigh on impossible I can assure you.

Jason

Aztec Performance Ltd 02 October 2004 01:28 PM

A prosecution would be nigh on impossible I can assure you.

Jason

Guarentee it and I'm sure you have more for the GB ;)

jaycee 02 October 2004 06:06 PM

I'll get back to you on that one on Monday afternoon.

Jason

Aztec Performance Ltd 03 October 2004 03:53 PM

Laser Jammer Testing day

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...78#post3760778

:)

jhrfc1 05 October 2004 06:12 PM

I am interested in this. One question, how easy is it to fit in a way that it's fairly easy to remove.
I've just been releived of my radar detector in France, and wouldn't want this to go the same way!

jaycee 05 October 2004 06:49 PM

It's not the kind of product you can just whip in and out. It takes about 40 mins to fit properly and roughly the same to remove if you wanted to not damage anything in the process.

Jason

tuscan57 09 October 2004 04:43 PM

It's not the kind of product you can just whip in and out. It takes about 40 mins to fit properly and roughly the same to remove if you wanted to not damage anything in the process.

Jason

just had the tvr out of the garage for once! :D:D nope didnt break thgis time(luckily) anyway noticed i really havent got much room to fit on without some damage i think! how big are the units that mount on the front?????

steve

jaycee 09 October 2004 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by tuscan57
just had the tvr out of the garage for once! :D:D nope didnt break thgis time(luckily) anyway noticed i really havent got much room to fit on without some damage i think! how big are the units that mount on the front?????

steve

3''x1.5''x1''

Did it break down by the time you got to the bottom of the drive?!! :D :D

Jason

jaycee 09 October 2004 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Guarentee it and I'm sure you have more for the GB ;)

After much legal advice, it wouldn't be prudent of me to offer such a guarantee.
However, I can reassure any potential customers the police will have great difficulty in securing a conviction for obstruction etc.
They would have to prove intent to avoid a speeding charge by fitting this device, if you fit the home system they will not be able to prove that intent.
The home system must be fitted and working for you to rely on this.

The above does not mean they won't find something to charge you with, like speeding, dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention etc.

I hope this helps!

Jason

tuscan57 09 October 2004 11:09 PM

3''x1.5''x1''

Did it break down by the time you got to the bottom of the drive?!! :D :D

Jason

if that were the case it would be fine! the drive is sloped towards the garage! :p right may even let trevor see daylight 2moro after work! :eek:

have a measure to see wot i can/will cut out! :eek2:

jaycee 09 October 2004 11:21 PM

It'll fit somewhere! :D

tuscan57 09 October 2004 11:23 PM

It'll fit somewhere! :D

cut a hole in the number plate sounds best to me! :D:D

jaycee 09 October 2004 11:29 PM

LOL! :D :D

jaycee 11 October 2004 12:22 PM

Right.....!

Can everybody who is in for this please PM me by Wednesday afternoon as I'm placing the order on Thursday morning.
I'll receive them Friday and you'll receive them Saturday.

Jason

Ray T 11 October 2004 01:11 PM

Jason,
if you get a LT 450 package, can you then at a later date get an additional LT 400 (for another vehical) if so is it "easy" to set up to the home reciever LT 430?

ray t

Adam M 11 October 2004 01:27 PM

Ray, you must be able to, else they wouldn't sell them for fleet cars who all access the same garage.

Jaycee,

its all very well saying you should have the home system in place in order to have a strong defence, but you must remember that this is an additional package to strengthen the legal position. The law hasn't been changed in relation to such devices, so don't forget that, even before the home equipment side of things was available and they were marketed purely to avoid speed traps, there was only ever one conviction for the guy who kept speeding past to prove a point!

That in itself should help convince people.

tuscan57 12 October 2004 01:44 PM

Right.....!

Can everybody who is in for this please PM me by Wednesday afternoon as I'm placing the order on Thursday morning.
I'll receive them Friday and you'll receive them Saturday.

Jason

YHPM :D

jaycee 12 October 2004 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ray T
Jason,
if you get a LT 450 package, can you then at a later date get an additional LT 400 (for another vehical) if so is it "easy" to set up to the home reciever LT 430?

ray t

Ray,

Yes you can.
The 2 just need pairing up and then the home system will recognise either car system which is a straightforward job.

Jason

jaycee 12 October 2004 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Adam M
Ray, you must be able to, else they wouldn't sell them for fleet cars who all access the same garage.

Jaycee,

its all very well saying you should have the home system in place in order to have a strong defence, but you must remember that this is an additional package to strengthen the legal position. The law hasn't been changed in relation to such devices, so don't forget that, even before the home equipment side of things was available and they were marketed purely to avoid speed traps, there was only ever one conviction for the guy who kept speeding past to prove a point!

That in itself should help convince people.

Adam,
You and I both know that but I was getting a little bit of flak how these devices were illegal etc. I was using the home system to illustrate the police/courts would find it very very difficult to prove intent if it was fitted and working.

For a second I thought you might think I was using it as a cynical marketing ploy!! :D :D :D

I wasn't!

Jason

maxim 12 October 2004 02:54 PM

any reviews on the LT 400 and is it better than the LRC100? I'm meant to be getting the LRC100 and a B2 fitted tomorrow.

Adam M 12 October 2004 03:16 PM

I would hazard a guess that the LT400 has exactly the same diffuser technology as the LRC100 but also has the new functionality that increases its legal standing even further.

Personally, I wouldn't waste your time with an LRC100 at this stage. these people were already market leaders and I can't imagine why they would be in the habit of replacing their top product with an inferior model.

Jaycee,

can you report the prices please, for some reason I can't get the first page to load!

maxim 12 October 2004 03:31 PM

I'll speak to the guy who's coming tomorrow, depends if he's got the other one in stock. he rates the LRC100 highly,

jaycee 12 October 2004 05:02 PM

Prices for Adam!
I will confirm what everyone will be paying as soon as people get back to me.

LT 400
Normal price £319.99
1-5 = £299
6-9 = £289
10+ =£279

LT 430
Normal price £179.99
1-5 = £170
6-9 = £165
10+ = £150

LT 450 Complete system
Normal price £449.99