ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Impending Fatherhood (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/346496-impending-fatherhood.html)

Jaybird-UK 21 July 2004 04:20 PM

Good luck everyone!

Dont forget to pick up the baby box set at swrt.com

http://store.swrt.com/images/products/main/WRT-BABY.jpg

This innovative boxed-set provides everything for kitting out our youngest fans. The mini drivers' suit has all the team and sponsor logos printed on it. The suit is complimented by a hat and bib, again displaying the SWRT logo. All are made from soft 100% cotton interlock. Finally, for all those potential World Champions out there, a steering wheel rattle completes the set.

mplaczek 21 July 2004 04:38 PM

That is fantastic Jaybird-UK.
I'm ordering mine tonight!! I'll be in so much trouble with my partner, but the look on her face will be priceless Hahahaha!!

the moose 21 July 2004 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by **************
There is one vital piece of advice I will always give to new parents - get the baby down to a cranial osteopath asap for a 30 minute session. This is particularly important for those who have babies delivered by ventouse or who have difficult births.

The cranial osteopath worked miracles on my son and it changed his behaviour massively. If the 3 bones that form the skull have been squashed together, overlap, pressured in any way the cranial osteopath will sort this and you will notice an immediate change in your baby.

As soon as my son had his first session he went through sleeping all night immediately, screaming sessions reduced massively and he was generally a far happier baby than before the treatment.

Its a must!!! :)

I'll second all of the above - works a treat.

Chrisgr31 21 July 2004 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Good luck everyone!

Dont forget to pick up the baby box set at swrt.com

http://store.swrt.com/images/products/main/WRT-BABY.jpg

This innovative boxed-set provides everything for kitting out our youngest fans. The mini drivers' suit has all the team and sponsor logos printed on it. The suit is complimented by a hat and bib, again displaying the SWRT logo. All are made from soft 100% cotton interlock. Finally, for all those potential World Champions out there, a steering wheel rattle completes the set.

I'd best get ordering too! Already got the baby thats due in early October a baby racing suit from the Bahrain Grand Prix and a T-shirt from Le Mans. It had better be a boy!

Wife is a mid-wife and its her first, and she keeps saying its all different to how she thought it would be!

The bump is nicknamed Dumbo as it looks as if it could be a large baby!

By the way ordered the pram last week, long delivery period apparently although won't be collecting it until the baby is born.

By the way don;t forget with new-born babies they should be kept flat as long as they want to be to ensure their back is strong, and shouldn't spend all their time in a car seat.

ProperCharlie 21 July 2004 05:20 PM

here's my bump - although that was taken nearly 6 months ago. she's twice that size and blonde, now!

http://www.usherhome.co.uk/index_files/image002.jpg

+Doc+ 21 July 2004 10:17 PM

/me wipes his brow.
Gladly it was a false alarm (10 week early pregnancy), bloody worrying but releiving at the same time. Hopefully she will go full term now, or at least another five weeks I hope :)
Good Luck to everyone having Babies, people forget about us dads ;) :D

Walwal 21 July 2004 11:07 PM

Our lass woke me at 3.30 one morning saying she hadn't felt him move for a good while, he was already almost at the limit of being overdue. Went to the hospital for 4.00 a.m. Put the heartbeat monitor on, I was there until 6.00. They kept Catrina in, as she was due to be induced at 6 that night.

I went to work, went back to the hospital after work, still no sign of him arriving. Went home for some tea about half 5. Got back at half 6, where she hadn't needed induced, started labour just after I'd left. Baby was born at just after 1 in the morning. They chucked me out of the maternity bit about 3.00 (very nice of them I thought), went straight to my parents house to tell them, finally got to sleep about 5.00 a.m, then one of the lads from work phoned me at 7.00 cos I'd texted loads of people when I got to my parents house, to say congratulations.

Couldn't get back to sleep after that, too much adrenaline I guess. Had no more sleep until 12.00 that night after I'd been on a bender to wet little Nathan's head :D

I'm just about catching up on my lack of sleep now, and that was April 2002!!!!!! Lol.

An amazing experience, enjoy it, I know I did.

Andy.

stevem2k 22 July 2004 01:19 AM

Enjoy the concept of the 'lie in' as much as you can. Be prepared to kiss it goodbye.

Speaking from experience, ellie is 11months and currently teething (again)

<sigh>

Steve

Dazza01 22 July 2004 02:00 AM

I've done my bit:D producing my 4 boys:eek: thank god there all growd up now :D

messiah 22 July 2004 09:29 AM

The subaru stuff is on the shopping list if turns out to be a boy.

oh what the hell - a girl can wear it too surely? :D

New To Scoob 22 July 2004 09:47 AM

Yup, deffo seems to be a bit of a Snet babyboom going on the now, Mrs NTS due on the 25th Dec with NTS Jnr no1 :D theres a couple of others in the scotland section too.

John.

PIXIEDUST 22 July 2004 10:50 AM

Our 2nd child was due on xmas day although it was 7 years ago.I went into labour watching only fools and horses the one when del and rodney are running down the street as batman and robin,stayed at home allnight went to hospital at 6 in the morning.Now all my pain was in my back so the midwife suggested that i have a jacuzzi so off me and hubby waddle to the room he starts filling the thing and rubbing my back at the same time then he spies some bubble bath and promptly emeties some of the said liquid into the jacuzzi,lovely i said {delerious with pain}switched the machine on O MY GOD the room was quickly full of bubbles they really were every- where my husband was by the window sheperding them through there it was at this point the midwife came to see how we were doinging she fell about laughing at father xmas by the window and took us back to the labour suite.After about another three hours of labour our son was born ,my husband likes to tell everyone how in control he was but he was totally panicstricken and cried allthrough the birth .

yoza 22 July 2004 01:24 PM

1st one, early October, I think.

Errm, if shes 28 weeks now, that means.......ah forget it.:confused:

Early Oct will do ...:)