ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR1 No.138 Stolen last night (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/335508-wr1-no-138-stolen-last-night.html)

B0DSKI 12 June 2004 05:46 PM

That sucks, hope u get it sorted M8

Brit_in_Japan 12 June 2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Daz34
Probably got into the keybox in the showroom / offices

I would have thought that they would keep a keybox in a safe at weekends, don't you think ??!! :confused:

WRX-Mark 12 June 2004 10:00 PM

Bad luck...
As somebodyelse said - wonder what will happen to it, not the easiest of cars to re-sell, maybe exported ?

stevebt 12 June 2004 10:11 PM

how come its a 1st post and no other reply :confused: especially since everyone would like to know the out come with the dealers

churchwa 12 June 2004 10:20 PM

The RAC can activate it whenever they want and find the location of a car. there is nothing that needs doing in the car to make it work.

So if they are called, told the car is stolen, they can do an instant trace on it.

DaveBlueRA 12 June 2004 10:21 PM

Gutted for you.

I would have thought it was covered on the dealers insurance too

Azyman 12 June 2004 10:29 PM

ul m8 hope u get it sorted :(

OdD KiDS OtHeR MatE 12 June 2004 10:34 PM

Bad news

Sorry to hear this... Hope a replacement is sorted asap and that you have better luck:) Don't give in to em...

Budgie 12 June 2004 10:48 PM

sorry for you m8
wr1 owners, beware of your number plates being stolen
easy way to clone a car.
plates are very hard to copy these days at retailers
all sorts of checks made so stealing is favourite

trevs 12 June 2004 11:06 PM

just a little help needed

Originally Posted by nickthehead
Gutted for you mate. I work for a main dealer and can assure you it will be covered under their insurance wheather you are insured on i
t or not.;)

hello there, i noticed that you work for a main dealer,(is this a subaru dealer) i just bought a mod chip for my 2.0 impreza sport,but having difficulty finding the IAT sensor/o2 sensor if it hasn`t got the IAT.could you possibly tell me where this is located on my engine.i got told that i have three possibilities just really want to confirm.if you do not know could you possibly let me know if there is anyone you might know who does.
cheers,will be very gratefull
trevshttp://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dream Weaver 12 June 2004 11:11 PM

Sorry to hear it :(

Had nearly talked myself into buying a Scoob today, thinking it would be safe enough parking it on my street - have changed my mind now :(

Budgie 12 June 2004 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Sorry to hear it :(

Had nearly talked myself into buying a Scoob today, thinking it would be safe enough parking it on my street - have changed my mind now :(

dont be put off
the advantages far outway the disadvantages.
no problems in over four years, touch wood

Aly Mac 12 June 2004 11:48 PM

gutted for you m8 :( :( , this happened recently up my way, i ordered my sti uk and was told my name was on one on its way to the dealers so i would have it on such & such a day, this never happened and i had to wait another fortnight for mine. Only to read later in the paper that the dealer had one stolen from the showroom at about the time i was meant to collect mine ( which incidently was smashed through a steel barrier), the car was found in carlisle but i often wonder if it was the one meant for me. I hope your dealer does his part and sorts this out quickley for you. all the best ;)

MattW 14 June 2004 01:52 PM

Any news LiamWR1?

TonyBurns 14 June 2004 01:59 PM

There are still a couple of Wr1's that havnt been sold so getting another wont (hopefully) be a problem for you :D
I think the theives are muppets for stealing such a rare car though, i doubt they would be able to get rid of it, unless they are using it for spares :mad:

Tony:(

STi wanna Subaru 14 June 2004 02:13 PM

If the car was new wont it have the running-in oil in the engine? If so been ragged to speeds over 100 mph would do it no good at all!

Jasoon 14 June 2004 02:47 PM

More than likely it will be exported......

Or in a 1000'nd bits by now :(

IN THE STICKS 14 June 2004 02:55 PM

Only 1st post and no reply ? .......this thread is starting to feel like someone is pulling legs here :confused: .Many appologies if I'm wrong but wouldn't you be on SN following up your post and trying to get info from fellow owners ?

Dave :confused:

Edcase 14 June 2004 03:34 PM

no, i would be on the phone to dealers / insurance / police trying to get my wr1 back.

CustomScoobyIOM 14 June 2004 03:36 PM

Very sorry to hear that mate :(

What ever you do DONT accept that car back.

Chances are the engine will of been ragged silly and it is critical that in the first 1000 miles to be gently.

Demand a new one.

Adambsmith 14 June 2004 03:39 PM

Hi all, I'm a bit of a Newbie and drive a Civic Type R but when the lease expires on that, it's probably Scooby time!

On a similar note, when my CTR was in for some warranty work, the Honda dealer's place was ramraided and another CTR was taken.

Two things surprised me:

1 The Fire Service and/or fire regulations demand that keys be kept in the cars that are in the service bays.

2 The cars are not necessarily insured against theft. Now I think that is a load of BS because it seems to me that the garage becomes the bailee (ie is responsible) for the car when left with them.

Luckily mine was in bits even though the keys were in the ignition!

JohnS 14 June 2004 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by IN THE STICKS
Only 1st post and no reply ? .......this thread is starting to feel like someone is pulling legs here :confused: .Many appologies if I'm wrong but wouldn't you be on SN following up your post and trying to get info from fellow owners ?

Dave :confused:

Nope it's a genuine case:

WR1 No 138:

Registration Number: FV04 VTL

John

Powerkiter 14 June 2004 04:34 PM

Somebody I know had his 2 month old MY04 STi stolen a few weeks ago. Pulled up at a garage and as he was returning to his car was tackled from behind. Another person snatched the keys out of his hands and they drove off with his car. By the time he notified the police and RAC the tracker device had been de-activated (within about 30 minutes).

He was told by the insurance loss adjuster that the car would have been out of the country within a couple of days.

I am sure they could have sold quite a few of the parts on. Rear wing (£900 new), STi intercooler (£500 new), Alloys (£1000 new), Brembo brakes ????

THOMO 14 June 2004 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear about the car 'F.''##''B/''@'''@'

A anti hi jack system seems to be the way to go .Not in this case but my friend who fits alarms said that trackers are being sust out. The anti hijack alarm is the best way at the moment.i.e the one he mentioned was a credit card sized device which you have on you but not attached to the key.The theiving scum bags always go for the key and not the second device.plus always use a disk lock there some devices that can take 20 mins to undo if at all(scumbags cant be arsed with those as well as an alarm (some anyway). With anti hi jack by the time they have drove off in the car the hazzard go on the alarm then the car stops. By this time you have phoned the police and out of the area. Really wish there was a device that would give a shock of 100,000 volts aswell ;)

njkmr 14 June 2004 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by THOMO
Sorry to hear about the car 'F.''##''B/''@'''@'

A anti hi jack system seems to be the way to go .Not in this case but my friend who fits alarms said that trackers are being sust out. The anti hijack alarm is the best way at the moment.i.e the one he mentioned was a credit card sized device which you have on you but not attached to the key.The theiving scum bags always go for the key and not the second device.plus always use a disk lock there some devices that can take 20 mins to undo if at all(scumbags cant be arsed with those as well as an alarm (some anyway). With anti hi jack by the time they have drove off in the car the hazzard go on the alarm then the car stops. By this time you have phoned the police and out of the area. Really wish there was a device that would give a shock of 100,000 volts aswell ;)

Yeh 100,000 volts through their Bo**ocks!!!!

HKSubaru 14 June 2004 10:50 PM

got bored so tried to do some research on it,

couldn't find any but found this article from America:

(New York-WABC, March 15, 2004) — They brought their car in for servicing to a local dealership and never dreamed it would be stolen and then wrecked in a high-speed chase with local police. Now the owner says they feel like they're being robbed a second time by the dealership it was stolen from. And who is responsible for the repairs?

r32 15 June 2004 07:14 AM

So Liam, any news? I would have thought we might have heard from you by now?
Let us know m8.
STEVE..............

akaLiamWr1 15 June 2004 09:41 AM

Thanks guys...

I havent been able to go online much as I've been offwork & had to borrow a freinds laptop (hench akaLiamWR1) but the story is on Friday night Chandlers was raided, they used an older car to ram a set of steel gates, broke into the workshop (round the back of the showroom) and stole 2 cars (mine & another) the owner who lives next door woke up and called the police, who arrived & gave chase, the other car was used to slow up the police cars and rammed the sh1t out of them, my car was driven off at high speed.

Its a CID investigation & they think it was stolen to order & by now in Ireland.

Lucky for me the car, although registered & insured in my name, will be replaced by the dealer/IM. The only downside is im back to square one again :(

I will post a better chain of events when I get to work.

Cheers for the support gents.

Liam.

CustomScoobyIOM 15 June 2004 09:49 AM

All the best mate.

Worth mentioning the Jennings Subaru in Middlesbrough have an allocation if that is any good to you?

Paulo P 15 June 2004 10:00 AM

:mad: that's a good start :rolleyes: Hope you get it soon.