ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   English Chanel? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317440-english-chanel.html)

farmer1 08 April 2004 12:22 PM

Look at the shocking amount of mistakes in thread headers on here (that can't be edited)
Don't mention thread headers.....

Dracoro 08 April 2004 12:27 PM

Having said that, it's a good indicator of how intelligent and well educated one is ;) The better you write, the less likely you will be mis-understood thus your message will get across clearly. Maybe that's why there's so many arguments on SN as people keep mis-interpreting what people write.

Or in innernete stylee...

avin sed that, its a gud indee cater of ow intelegent and wel educashed 1 iz ;) The betr u rit, the lis likly u wil be mizundrstud thus ur mesag wil git acroz clerlee. Maybe vats y thers so manee rgumnts on NS az pepl kip mizintrpretin wot pepl rit.

Dave T-S 08 April 2004 12:27 PM

Farmer
I just did :D Why not ;)

Dave T-S 08 April 2004 12:28 PM

Dracoro
LOL :D

The second bit could have been any one of scooby si's posts ;) :D

OllyK 08 April 2004 12:34 PM

Having said that, it's a good indicator of how intelligent and well educated one is
Pish! Most of the bad spelling on here are down to:
1) 1 fingered typists who can't arsed to go back an correct their mistakes
2) brains operating considerably faster than fingers
3) Gorrillas with fingers the size of my fist who can't help hitting 5 keys at once.
4) People who don't realise you can use the mouse or cursor to go back and correct that single wrong letter, you don't have to backspace all the way.
5) Idle nation - we have become too reliant on spell checkers and calculators and for the most part we don't think about this stuff too often.

imlach 08 April 2004 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
LOL @ Imlach complaining about people's spelling and maths.
957% of posts? That would mean there are more posts with errors than there are posts. I think you probably meant 95.7%!

Did no-one get the sarcasm of my post at all.

:(

Dracoro 08 April 2004 12:39 PM

4) People who don't realise you can use the mouse or cursor to go back and correct that single wrong letter, you don't have to backspace all the way.
So what can we assume of the intelligence of such a person :D :D

imlach 08 April 2004 12:39 PM

There were 5 spelling & grammatical errors in my post, and 2 mathematical errors. Not all of you have found them yet :)

Dracoro 08 April 2004 12:40 PM

Did no-one get the sarcasm of my post at all
imlach - read my first post on this page :D

mart360 08 April 2004 12:50 PM

F7

works for me......

if anyone sayz your spelling is wrong.....tell bill gates.....

if he didnt have so many u s of a tweaks and could accept that some people live in other parts of the world ... my englosh would be perfect.. ish

and isn,t 5 miles /20 near a quarter (1/4) not half...

Mart

imlach 08 April 2004 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
imlach - read my first post on this page :D

I know you did, but then somebody comes back and alludes to my "errors" after your post.

I don't know..... :)

Mr.Cookie 08 April 2004 03:35 PM

Jesus wept, who let you lot out today :p

Oh and as it's my ;) username it's a fullstop so ner :p dentists :rolleyes: :D

Si

Mr.Cookie 08 April 2004 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
Pish! Most of the bad spelling on here are down to:
1) 1 fingered typists who can't arsed to go back an correct their mistakes
2) brains operating considerably faster than fingers
3) Gorrillas with fingers the size of my fist who can't help hitting 5 keys at once.
5) Idle nation - we have become too reliant on spell checkers and calculators and for the most part we don't think about this stuff too often.

Naah i'm just thick :D

Si
Ps actually a few of my typo's are down to low batteries in my wireless keyboard :D