ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Political Correctness at work!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317254-political-correctness-at-work.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 07 April 2004 02:16 PM

LOL Did they suspect you of being an islamic fundamentalist terrorist?
Depends if he had a tea towel on his head at the time! :D

Brendan Hughes 07 April 2004 02:20 PM

:p Markus - I just got ticked off for laughing too loudly! :D:D

juan 07 April 2004 02:21 PM

You see the Stars and Stripes everywhere in the States
Absolutely. He should get a pat on the back for being patriotic, not some darn grief. Its all linked into how this country is going down the pan.

Jerome 07 April 2004 02:43 PM

Unfortunately, England is in the unique position where it's flag is considered racist.

You can thank both racist thugs and football hooligans for tarnishing it to the point it is considered racist. The same applies to the Union Flag (Jack).

During the England vs Germany game a Scot sitting in the German seats was showing the Saltire (Scottish flag) and nothing was done. Imagine if someone showed an England flag at a Scotland vs Germany game.

Leslie 08 April 2004 10:22 AM

Just unbelievable!

I would stand my ground about my loyalty to my own country and suggest that the foreign temp puts the flag from their country on their desk.

Les :(

Tiggs 08 April 2004 11:24 AM

take it down and put up hundreads of little flags from all over the world UN styleeee.

Prince Popeye 08 April 2004 01:24 PM

Just to inform you he's now been made by top dogs at work to take flag off his desk. They've told him its 'inappropriate in our multicultural society.' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He's argued his case but they've just tongue twisted him with corporate claptrap. :( :D

Dracoro 08 April 2004 01:27 PM

the sun/mirror beckons then eh? ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 08 April 2004 01:30 PM

What a joke, they would have to forcibly remove me from the building before i'd bow to that sort of cr@p. I hope he doesn't let this drop, no way should he have to be bossed like that by some bloody foreigner complaining to management :mad:

V45DSM 08 April 2004 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by **************
What a joke, they would have to forcibly remove me from the building before i'd bow to that sort of cr@p. I hope he doesn't let this drop, no way should he have to be bossed like that by some bloody foreigner complaining to management :mad:

Yes, but he's written 'NF' across it.

akshay67 08 April 2004 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Prince Popeye
Paul the manager in question has simply told him that someone has taken offence to the flag on his desk and he should remove it asap. Is it an H&S issue?

I wouldn't have thought it was a H&S issue unless he wants a full decat.
:D

Bravo2zero_sps 08 April 2004 01:52 PM

V45 eh? Where does it say that? Havign a flag with National Front or BNP would be an issue in any office and not defendable. I don't think thats the case here though.

STi wanna Subaru 08 April 2004 01:55 PM

i think it was a joke B20

Bravo2zero_sps 08 April 2004 02:02 PM

You can never tell with V45! :p

Butkus 08 April 2004 03:43 PM

With all these sorts of stories, I have a strong feeling that there's going to be hell to pay in this country over the next few years. People can only be pushed so far.

drumsterphil 08 April 2004 03:51 PM

Can't believe I'm reading this - what next, no National Anthem when England play?!

FFS - where will all this minority-pleasing bullsh1t end up next??!!

GaryK 08 April 2004 03:56 PM

yep he should refuse to comply, if they take action, verbal or written warning or dismissal then he should take it up with an employment tribunal.

boxst 08 April 2004 03:59 PM

Hello

As mentioned (albeit in a joke) earlier, forward a summary of this thread to a national newspaper.

This is a hot topic at the moment, and they would probably take an interest.

STeve.

Chip 08 April 2004 04:15 PM

Good idea Boxst.It's about time people in the UK started sticking up for themselves. No wonder the BNP are getting more votes as time goes by.

Chip

Katana 08 April 2004 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
No wonder the BNP are getting more votes as time goes by.

People are getting dumber probably. Law of averages..

Spoon 08 April 2004 04:21 PM

Tell him to go out and buy a pair of Union Jack boxer shorts and wear them to work but make sure they are pulled up high so they are visible over his trousers.:D

Surely they won't ask him to remove them but if they do................

Chip 08 April 2004 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Katana
People are getting dumber probably. Law of averages..

I wouldnt say dumber by any means. Just that folks are getting really fed up with all this anti-UK political correctness.

Chip.

Katana 08 April 2004 04:36 PM

I wouldnt say dumber by any means. Just that folks are getting really fed up with all this anti-UK political correctness.

Chip.

By voting a bunch of extremists in who are involved in bombings? This is akin to a say a Pakistani voting for Abu Hamzah or something. Its just dumb.

Chip 08 April 2004 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Katana
By voting a bunch of extremists in who are involved in bombings? This is akin to a say a Pakistani voting for Abu Hamzah or something. Its just dumb.

Bombings?? Where to!

Chip.

Katana 08 April 2004 05:25 PM

Bombings?? Where to!

Chip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/323366.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/780069.stm

Yup. By voting for the BNP, you are voting for terrorists lol. People who votes for BNP have either been lied to and don't know what they're really about (understandingly actually) or in some cases, just dumb.

CrisPDuk 08 April 2004 05:43 PM

No Katana, people are voting for the BNP because non of the spineless tw*ts (all parties) in parliament are prepared to openly discuss the issue of immigration. The BNP have merely spotted a gap in the market & are exploiting it for all it is worth. The BNP will only get stronger, especially in the former mining & industrial heartlands where there is a massive dissatisfaction with the current government.

farmer1 08 April 2004 05:46 PM

I'd rather vote for a terrorist then agree with somebody of your nature

Katana 08 April 2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
No Katana, people are voting for the BNP because non of the spineless tw*ts (all parties) in parliament are prepared to openly discuss the issue of immigration. The BNP have merely spotted a gap in the market & are exploiting it for all it is worth. The BNP will only get stronger, especially in the former mining & industrial heartlands where there is a massive dissatisfaction with the current government.

And when this place ends up as a Nazi country like how farmer1 would love it to be, what happens then?

CrisPDuk 08 April 2004 05:54 PM

Then mate, we're proper f**ked:(

Just like the big bunny;)

Katana 08 April 2004 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Then mate, we're proper f**ked:(

Just like the big bunny;)

No worries. The majority of the people in this country are descent people. It just worries me how the vocal extremist minority like farmer1 are allowed a voice. In some countries, they'd be tried for being subversive or be detained for downright terrorism. Democracy is a double edge sword so I've got to accept it probably.