ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just lost our new house with 1 day to go :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/312427-just-lost-our-new-house-with-1-day-to-go.html)

Scoobychick 01 December 2004 03:32 PM

Lol, you git, I saw the thread title and nearly fell off my chair :D Phew, thought it had happened again *wipes sweat from brow*

Good luck for Friday :)

David Lock 01 December 2004 03:50 PM

I think you need to insure NOW because you have exchanged and now your responsibility. I am sure I will be corrected if wrong but worth a phone call to your insurers. IIRC I did this but company kept existing insurance in place until we moved without extra premium. DL

fast bloke 01 December 2004 03:53 PM

you should start your all your insurance except contents from exchange of contracts. (so start buildings cover, life cover, mpi, critical illness from today)

ScoobyJawa 01 December 2004 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Just realised, people who know we are moving (Dales, Bob T, Scoobychick, 200bhp+ etc) will think this thread is about the new house from the thread title :rolleyes: :D

I thought that too!!! :rolleyes: :D

Glad this ones worked out mate - good luck with completing and getting in there - that pug needs its home ;) :D

Rum* 01 December 2004 06:10 PM

I know an insurance brokers that might be able to help with that one :D:D

+ need to chat about website changes at some point.... Tom

9 months laster, and just exchanged contracts today on another new house, and mightily glad that the original sale fell through, which resulted in this thread.

The new house is much better, much bigger, in a nicer area and only cost about 33% more. :D

Moving in 2pm this Friday, fairly sure nothing else can go wrong from now on in.

Anyone nkow when I need to insure the new house, from now, or from completion on Friday??

Suresh 01 December 2004 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by RRB
This cant happen in Scotland, laws here dont allow you to pull out of house deals. Should be the same law all over the UK :(

I know it doesn't help, but it can't happen in Holland either. Once you verbally comit to the deal you can only pull out if you cannot arrange financing or the survey finds material defects. Both of which would need written proof.

Suresh

Dream Weaver 01 December 2004 09:54 PM

Suresh, this thread was originally from March when our first attempt sale fell through, we've now exchanged on a 2nd better house and all is well :)

It is a crap system though. :mad:

Blackscooby 01 December 2004 09:57 PM

Glad its all come together finally.

Congrats

Suresh 01 December 2004 09:59 PM

repeat to self 'must read the whole thread before posting'

Oops - only read the first few posts without checking the date!

Glad it turned out well for you anyway. :)

ScoobyDoo555 01 December 2004 10:03 PM

Congratulations DW :) Nice to hear it all worked out in the long run :)

Dan

Brendan Hughes 01 December 2004 10:51 PM

:thumb: well done Si - how big is the garage? Enough space for all your Pugs?

I was gutted about having to pull out of buying what I thought was our dream house. 2 years later, we bought a FAR better one for thirty grand less! :luxhello:

All's well that ends well...

200+Bhp 01 December 2004 10:54 PM

Just realised, people who know we are moving (Dales, Bob T, Scoobychick, 200bhp+ etc) will think this thread is about the new house from the thread title :rolleyes: :D

Yep saw the title an thought OMG !! :eek:

Glad it wasn't :D good luck for Friday...when's the house warming ;)

Dream Weaver 01 December 2004 11:14 PM

Cheers Brendan, thats the only downside, small garage but enough for the 205. More importantly there is room to expand it later on.

Jonathan, will let you know mate ;) Sure we can arrange something :D